chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

DePaul / Providence [03/11 12:00]

Lines are out! This one opened at PROV -8 but it is quickly tilting more.

PROVIDENCE -8 win 74-83

These teams have only met once (54-62 PROV at PROV). It seems like I remember DEPAUL covering this one at something like +12.

This game is at the garden so it's a neutral site.

I believe CINCY is a bit more solid than they looked today when they sucked it from DEP. I expect PROV to hold DEP to around 55 points or so and score at least 68.

The only thing that makes me think DEP has a cold shot in hell is how tough they played VILL (lost 72-74)...only to lose by 21 to ST JON the following week (A team PROV has beat by 20).

PROV has beaten PITT who is a physical team with a powerful offense... much more so than DEPAUL.

DEP manhandled CINCY, but so has PROV twice.

I'm definitely looking for a big PROVIDENCE run in the 1H and the burying of this, 0-18 BIG EAST regular season, #16 DEPAUL in the 2H.

BOL
    Last edited by chrisharvard01; 03-11-09 at 01:19 PM. Reason: score

Deke101
    Deke101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also I think Providence should be able to cover the 8.5 after DePaul got their win today. The last meeting was DePaul pace, but I think Providence has fixed in their fast paced style into their game plan. I don't think DePaul can keep up tomorrow. Like today, DePaul is better at playing slow and against slow teams as well, where the total of the game ends up around 120. Providence is in a must win game tomorrow and if they win 2 games in the big east tournament, there is a good chance they can get into the ncaa tournament. Providence has had a tough schedule (as did all Big East teams), but they have managed to compete on a much higher level than DePaul did. One concern is that Providence lives and dies by the 3. Providence's star player Efejuku is playing the best basketball of his season right now, and will play a big role in tomorrow's game. The main reason for his success is because he is getting to the FT line consistently, averaging 10.7 FT per game in his last 7 games --> Which is more FT's than Cincy even attempted in todays game (Cincy 4-10 FT's). DePaul also just got their first conference win of the season, which in a way, is like winning a trophy in DePaul this season. In today's DePaul game, they had a regular performance by Tucker, who scored 17 points (all in the second half) as he averages 18 per game. Walker scored 17 today and averages 14 on the season. The big performance came from Kelly, who scored 12 points despite averaging just 4 ppg on the season. I understand that they may put up the same numbers against Providence tomorrow considering the number of possessions they will get in the game, but I expect Providence to play much better than Cincy did today. I would go as far to say that Cincy didn't even show up today, and understood that they were not going to win the tournament, and they just wanted the season to be over, and go home. DePaul on the other hand was still fighting for just 1 conference win on the season, which was good material to motivate his players with for today's win vs. Cincy. DePaul accomplished what they set out to do, which was snap an 18 game losing streak, and get rid of the goose egg in the win column. Now it is Providence's turn to be fired up for their goal, which is an NCAA tournament bid. Providence is facing a tough challenge by having to win two games to get into the tourney, but it is safe to say that tomorrow's game will be an easy win, and the real test for Providence will come in the next round. DePaul does not belong in the big east, as their location shows, as well as their record. Expect Providence to come out firing for the 18 point victory in tomorrow's early game.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

with you on this one no doubt cin limped in knowing they couldnt possibly get to tourny on the other hand 1 or 2 good wins for providence and they pretty much stamp there ticket

chrisharvard01

thanks Deke good write up

chrisharvard01

MARSHALL (-6) v RICE

MARSHALL (7-9 conf) has not made much noise this year but has def. RICE (4-12 conf) by 14.

I expect a repeat of their previous meeting.

Deke101
    Deke101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisharvard01 View Post
    thanks Deke good write up
    I gotta wait til the morning to get my play in, hopefully my local still has the line at 9 or less. Let's cash it. Another issue, that may be irrelevant due to tournament atmosphere = Providence has been resting while DePaul got a hard fought win this morning, and will be playing back to back with much less rest. I imagine the DePaul players would be up a little late tonight hanging out in the hotel celebrating their victory; Sober celebration of course, but none the less they will sleep hard after getting all of that weight off their shoulders after going 0-18 in conference this season.

Yahoo game Recap:
    "Cincinnati led 41-38 before the Blue Demons went on a 15-2 run during which the Bearcats missed 13 of 14 shots from the field."

Providence's offensive capabilities will definately not go through a stretch of 1-14 from the field. Providence will also push it on fastbreak/counter offense and get plenty of open shots/lay-ups, as well as getting fouled on those lay-ups; something Cincy did not do at all today. DePaul is going to have some serious fatigue issues tomorrow morning on back to back, early wake up, and playing a fast-paced game. Providence has been prepping for this game, and although they probably assumed they would be facing Cincy in this game, I don't think that Cincy and DePaul are that different as far as playing style goes. And DePaul is actually a worse team than Cincy despite beating them by 10 today; Proof = Overall record, head to head match-up where Cincy won by 4 @ DePaul, as well as Cincy getting 8 big east conference wins compared to DePaul's 0. The issue today was the motivation factor. Just another reason to take Providence.

Let's cash this Chris

chrisharvard01

Lastly, COLORADO ST (+2) v AIR FORCE

Both clubs have a ton of high digit losses, however, COLO ST has beaten UNLV and only lost by 2 to NEW MEXICO.

AIR FORCE (0-16 conf) nearly beat UNLV as well, but only mustured a pathethic 38 pts in a previous meeting and 34 points to SAN DIE ST, both losses.

COLO ST holds a 2-0 against AIR FORCE (last game 66-71COLO ST)
    Last edited by chrisharvard01; 03-11-09 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typo

chrisharvard01

Deke, I agree CINCY is a better team than DEPAUL. Their win today was shocking.

Every dog has it's day.

You're right, I expect a sharp shooting, fast-paced PROV to deliver on an exausted DEP

Hells Kitchen
    Hells Kitchen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great thread.
    Nice info gents.
    I locked in providunce -8
    Gl!

lastinline
    lastinline's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really good info on Providence

But, wouldn't Air Force be in the same situation that Depaul was in yesterday. Trying to get 1 conference win. I think they go all out for this today against a very beatable team with nothing to really play for. I am probably not playing this game, just passing along a thought. Looks like C St. has a couple of guys questionable for this game too.

chrisharvard01

this one cashes

Holy sh!t DePaul hung with PROV most of this ball game until it all unraveled for them in the last six minutes... PROV barely getting this cover here, no thanks to DePaul draining 3 three pointers in what seemed like 1 minute.

DePaul fouled trailing by 7 points with only 19 seconds remaining to lift PROV by 9 after the two foul shots.

Did everyone here make it in -8 in time?

chrisharvard01

MARSHALL is playing like d!ck

fu!!ck!ing 9-21 RICE