Bullet Kays
    Bullet Kays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1555

Kansas State +1

Kansas State is a good team and this is a big let down spot for Iowa State. You can bet Frank Martin will have KSU prepared after a tough loss against Oklahoma at home. This is a perfect opportunity to come out and make a statement against the team who just knocked off the 5th ranked team in the country. Aside from that, K State and Iowa State are currently battling for that 4th spot in the conference standings. The Wildcats will out board Iowa State all night and Frank Martin will out coach Hoiberg and prove he's the superior "Frank" in the Big 12.
    Take Kansas State +1

Bullet Kays

Also for you line movement guys, the majority of the public is on Iowa State yet the line is moving to favor K State.

Bullet Kays

I see the line going back and forth from +1.5 to +1 but I can see k state being favored by game time

Cyclonenation
    Cyclonenation's Avatar Become A Pro!

Making a play based solely on hoping for a letdown is risky. Martin is the better coach but he is overpowered player wise. Spradling will hae to try and get out of his slump for Kansas State to pull this one off which I think would be a stretch anyway. Royce White has proven to be almost unguardable as he has so many different weapons ( scoring, passing, rebounding, balll handling). Melvin Ejim is just starting to come on in the last two games vs texas and kansas averaging 14pts along with 8 rebounds. He is the main difference between the isu team that lost to uni and drake, and the team that beat kansas. He is finally getting inside the paint pulling down rebounds and getting putbacks which is his game, not shooting 3s like he was doing at the beginning of the year when iowa state has 5 other players with better ( Babb, Allen,Christopherson,Booker, and McGhee.) Chris Babb has proven to be a lock down defeder in the Big 12 shutting down both Denmon and Ja'covan brown. And Rodney McGruder will struggle to score with that matchup. Iowa State shoots alot better at home and have really been pretty cold from outside the last few games. I think the cyclones will come out firing and get a big first half lead and win by 5 or 6 in the end.
    ISU- PICKEM

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

My book has this game as a pick right now. I don't have a real good feel on this game, not sure how ISU will come out in this one. I love KSU's style of play, but if ISU is clicking, this will be a tough spot. Off topic, but I really like Illinois and am probably in the minority on that game.

ScurvyPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonenation View Post
    Making a play based solely on hoping for a letdown is risky. Martin is the better coach but he is overpowered player wise. Spradling will hae to try and get out of his slump for Kansas State to pull this one off which I think would be a stretch anyway. Royce White has proven to be almost unguardable as he has so many different weapons ( scoring, passing, rebounding, balll handling). Melvin Ejim is just starting to come on in the last two games vs texas and kansas averaging 14pts along with 8 rebounds. He is the main difference between the isu team that lost to uni and drake, and the team that beat kansas. He is finally getting inside the paint pulling down rebounds and getting putbacks which is his game, not shooting 3s like he was doing at the beginning of the year when iowa state has 5 other players with better ( Babb, Allen,Christopherson,Booker, and McGhee.) Chris Babb has proven to be a lock down defeder in the Big 12 shutting down both Denmon and Ja'covan brown. And Rodney McGruder will struggle to score with that matchup. Iowa State shoots alot better at home and have really been pretty cold from outside the last few games. I think the cyclones will come out firing and get a big first half lead and win by 5 or 6 in the end.
    ISU- PICKEM
    McGruder for whatever reason, seems to score well in these matchups were he is being guarded by a superior defender. I don't have any stats off the top of my head, I just recall watching KSU against difficult teams, and he seems to play and score well in these types of scenarios. It is probably because I've lost those bets and that is why it sticks in my head. It only makes sense to see ISU favored by 1 or 2 by tipoff. I am leaning under, and don't have an opinion on the side at this time.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

The line movement is not enough to get me to make a play on the Wildcats. K State has been disappointing in conference play (other than their victory over Mizzou, more than three weeks ago). A freshman pointguard is a worry for me, especially in the heart of the conference schedule, when it gets bloody. Not going to bet on K State against Iowa State at Iowa State. Line movement will keep me from making a play on Iowa State though. Good luck, BK. Would like to see K State come around and get this one for you.

Bullet Kays

Thank you, my bigger play is on Tennessee but I still like K State in this spot. Hard for me to take a team that was embarrassed by a Missouri Valley School on their home floor

ScurvyPirate

Tennessee makes so much sense doesn't it? Kentucky doesn't cover big spreads, and Tennessee is getting a "little" better. GL

Bullet Kays

Yes I have a write up thread on that game

Bullet Kays

I'm seeing it as pk everywhere now. Anyone seen K State favored?

EdwardHaney
    EdwardHaney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3105

Kansas and Kansas St. have a very fun "Big Brother, Little Brother rivalry" in which Kansas just embarrasses Kansas St. time and time again. So Kansas St. has to find more creative ways to one-up the Jayhawks. Going to Iowa St. and winning 3 days after Big Brother went their and lost would give them something to brag about. Not only that, but they are coming off a loss of their own and will be very sharp. When they want to, they can beat up anybody in the country physically. Some are saying K-State's tourney hopes are starting to come into question. I don't believe it myself, but they need this game more than Iowa St. does right now. Henriquez recently reinstated after his brief suspension (he did also play against Texas Tech, I believe) and K-State will out-rebound Iowa St. in this game, no doubt about that one. I think the play is K-State.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Kays View Post
    Also for you line movement guys, the majority of the public is on Iowa State yet the line is moving to favor K State.
    I would like to know where you are getting this information because it's not accurate according to the numbers I'm looking at.

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardHaney View Post
    Kansas and Kansas St. have a very fun "Big Brother, Little Brother rivalry" in which Kansas just embarrasses Kansas St. time and time again. So Kansas St. has to find more creative ways to one-up the Jayhawks. Going to Iowa St. and winning 3 days after Big Brother went their and lost would give them something to brag about. Not only that, but they are coming off a loss of their own and will be very sharp. When they want to, they can beat up anybody in the country physically. Some are saying K-State's tourney hopes are starting to come into question. I don't believe it myself, but they need this game more than Iowa St. does right now. Henriquez recently reinstated after his brief suspension (he did also play against Texas Tech, I believe) and K-State will out-rebound Iowa St. in this game, no doubt about that one. I think the play is K-State.
    You hit the nail on the head. Good luck.

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I would like to know where you are getting this information because it's not accurate according to the numbers I'm looking at.
    What numbers are you seeing?

BigDofBA

I have a source I use that tracks bets coming in on each side.

Where did you get that the majority was on Iowa State? Where you just assuming this?

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Very slight majority (about 52%) on ISU. That has held pretty steady today.

Bullet Kays

I saw it at 64% Iowa State early this morning

BigDofBA

LOL. My source says 52% on K-State.

Either way, that's like splitting hairs. The second post of this thread reads like 65-70% is on Iowa State.

Either way. This game is no easier to pick than Mizzou or Oklahoma City were yesterday.

GL though!

Bullet Kays

LOL. My source says 52% on K-State.

Either way, that's like splitting hairs. The second post of this thread reads like 65-70% is on Iowa State.

Either way. This game is no easier to pick than Mizzou or Oklahoma City were yesterday.

GL though!
    Like I said, that was around 8:00 am this morning when I posted that (The % changes as more bets come in)

Cyclonenation

Either way should be a hell of a game to watch and coincidentally am alway just a bit bias towards iowa state in my picks!Good luck to you boys!

Bullet Kays

Yep it will be a good one. I don't dislike ISU but these let down spots are tough to overcome

Bullet Kays

K State looking good!

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa State! What a game so far! What a finish this will be!

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

LETSSSS GO!!!!!

tie game

22 second left

ISU ball

LETS GO!

Bullet Kays

Great game

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

edit wow just saw they lost. i said that after u said great game. fk

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

******* terrible lost 8 units between k state and wisky by a total of 2 pts combined...

Bullet Kays

Haha all good, still a profitable night in NCAA bball going 3-2

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by ToPHeR View Post
    ******* terrible lost 8 units between k state and wisky by a total of 2 pts combined...
    Wow that's brutal man

Cyclonenation

Cyclones escaped one there.. Rode Royce white to the win though and in the end he couldn't be stopped

Bullet Kays

Was a great game to watch nonetheless

BigDofBA

This game is no easier to pick than Mizzou or Oklahoma City were yesterday. GL though!
    You had OKC -2, Mizzou PK, and K-State +1 right?

I'll stick to my guns that games like this are incredibly difficult to win. You took three short road faves and only won one and that was because Texas missed a shot at the buzzer.

Better luck in the future.

Bullet Kays

You had OKC -2, Mizzou PK, and K-State +1 right?

I'll stick to my guns that games like this are incredibly difficult to win. You took three short road faves and only won one and that was because Texas missed a shot at the buzzer.

Better luck in the future.
    Actually doing quite well. All of those were the correct plays. Hope you start doing better. GL

12 Last