Bullet Kays
    Bullet Kays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1555

Mizzou pk??

Mizzou is a much better team than Texas. I'm guessing the line is the way it is for 4 reasons: This is the 5th ranked team the longhorns have played in 6 games, the loss at Oklahoma State, Texas being hot, and the lines makers thinking Mizzou is looking ahead to KU. It definitely looks like a textbook trap. With that said, the Tigers handled Texas fairly easily in Columbia and I don't see this meeting being much different. Texas may make it a bit closer at home but I just don't see any way Mizzou loses this game. Missouri is too quick, their guard play is too good, and they are just a better all around team than Texas. If the books trapped me then so be it but I just can't pass up a play on Missouri tomorrow night. Mizzou pk
    Last edited by Bullet Kays; 01-29-12 at 11:28 PM.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Never doubt Vegas! I guess you were looking to see Mizz -6 at least right? Sure Mizz is the better team on a neutral court. Look for Barnes to have his boys ready for this big game.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Texas isn't ranked but this game is huge for them and they are at home.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

home court means everything. still lean to missouri, texas lost every big game they have played this year and while scores might look close they were at arms length in most.

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Texas isn't ranked but this game is huge for them and they are at home.
    I was expecting to see Mizzou at about -3. I still expect MU to win in a close game, and I meant to say Texas is playing its 5th ranked team in 6 games-they've played them all close which is another reason the line is the way it is.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I'm all about home court and especially in college...but Missouri is the better team here no matter where they play the game at. I just think Mizzu wins the game by a bucket or two.

Bullet Kays

Agree ksnook, the line is already mizzou -1 now in my book. Feel good that I locked it in at pk right now but we'll see

ksnooksk

Yeah, better grab Mizzu now before it gets to -2 or -2.5. Not much value in that line then.

Bullet Kays

Yep. I have a feeling Mizzou is gonna be the big public play tomorrow but the public can't lose them all..

ksnooksk

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Kays View Post
    Yep. I have a feeling Mizzou is gonna be the big public play tomorrow but the public can't lose them all..
    Well, I think Vegas set this game as a "pk" because they knew that the public would be all over the Tigers and push # up then people who want to back Texas will see value and get them getting the points.

Mizzu -2 is probably where they want the game at anyways.

Bullet Kays

That's true, although I did see a few people on this board jumping all over Texas while the line was even

ksnooksk

Why would you buy on Texas so early? You have to know that the line is going to go up.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by ksnooksk View Post

Well, I think Vegas set this game as a "pk" because they knew that the public would be all over the Tigers and push # up then people who want to back Texas will see value and get them getting the points.

Mizzu -2 is probably where they want the game at anyways.
    Mizzou shouldnt be favored and I would think the game would move in Texas' favor with them being at home.

ksnooksk

Mizzu should be a slight favorite and they are currently getting pounded by backers as we speak. Maybe Texas is the right play.

Bullet Kays

I'm seeing 73% on Mizzou right now but I knew that would happen before I made this play. Like I said if its a trap it's a pretty bold one by Vegas. Remember the public is "usually" wrong not "always" wrong. And hopefully this one is a first time bettor-hooker

Bullet Kays

There were 2 other games this season that had me going ... One was Baylor at BYU and the other was Baylor at K State. I took Baylor ML in both knowing it was pretty square and ended up getting paid off. I couldn't pull the trigger on Texas in this one if I wanted to so I gotta give props to those who do if Texas pulls it out, but until then Go Tigers

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by ksnooksk View Post
    Mizzu should be a slight favorite and they are currently getting pounded by backers as we speak. Maybe Texas is the right play.
    Why should Mizzou be slightly favored?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Why should Mizzou be slightly favored?
    Because they're 19-2 and (for now) ranked 2nd in the nation, while Texas is scuffling along at 13-8. They were -9.5 at home vs. Texas and won by 11 a little over two weeks ago.

I figured Texas would open +2. The fact that they're a PK makes me believe the Longhorns are the play. I'll wait and see if I can get a +1 or even +1.5, but I don't think it will matter.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Because they're 19-2 and (for now) ranked 2nd in the nation, while Texas is scuffling along at 13-8. They were -9.5 at home vs. Texas and won by 11 a little over two weeks ago.

I figured Texas would open +2. The fact that they're a PK makes me believe the Longhorns are the play. I'll wait and see if I can get a +1 or even +1.5, but I don't think it will matter.
    May not matter and Mizzou could roll and although Mizzou has played a tough schedule, Texas has played an even tougher schedule, and thats the reason its a pK.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

May not matter and Mizzou could roll and although Mizzou has played a tough schedule, Texas has played an even tougher schedule, and thats the reason its a pK.
    I just figured that, given oddsmakers have a concrete head to head result from a few weeks ago (-9.5, Mizzou covers by 1.5), the line would be +2.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

I just figured that, given oddsmakers have a concrete head to head result from a few weeks ago (-9.5, Mizzou covers by 1.5), the line would be +2.
    Right and shave off 1.5 because of Texas' harder schedule.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Right and shave off 1.5 because of Texas' harder schedule.
    But wouldn't that harder schedule have been factored into the line the first time these two teams met as well?

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Good luck tomorrow BM.

Bullet Kays

You can get +1 currently No C

Bullet Kays

But wouldn't that harder schedule have been factored into the line the first time these two teams met as well?

Their schedule got a lot harder after that game... Usually you can spot a trap when the line looks fishy for no reason but Mizzou just lost at Ok state so it sort of makes sense as to why it would open that way

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

It was, Texas was rated a little higher at that time also.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Capped Mizzou to win this one close. Would have jumped on Mizzou at +1 last night, but I had a feeling the public would convince me it was a trap line. Sure enough, -1 already. Gonna sit on this one and see what kind of number I can get on Texas.

Bullet Kays

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    Capped Mizzou to win this one close. Would have jumped on Mizzou at +1 last night, but I had a feeling the public would convince me it was a trap line. Sure enough, -1 already. Gonna sit on this one and see what kind of number I can get on Texas.
    I don't think you'll see better than Texas +2 or +2.5 max. At that point it would probably become a no play for me but I have Mizzou locked in at pk which I feel is the right play even though it's a major public play.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Mizzou should be -2 I think. Yeah Texas is home but we are talking about an Elite Eight team here that is apparently still underrated for some odd reason. If this is was, say, Duke at Texas, Duke would probably be a slight favorite just because of who they are. Well guess what: Missouri is better than Duke this year, but they aren't treated as such by the linemakers.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

This game seems fishy with the opening spread, I believe the best bet is to stay away from this game. BOL to those who choose to bet on it.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

missouri is a top 5 best team in the nation. they do not need this game At all. these odds are off and this is a trap. GUARANTEED.

Bullet Kays

Well put LT. MU's loss at Ok state also plays into this line. I'm starting to like this Mizzou play more and more. In my opinion, Mizzou is about the 3rd best team in the nation and Texas isn't even close. I can see 3 outcomes to this game: 1. Mizzou wins in a blowout 2. Mizzou wins in a close game 3. Texas pulls out a fluke... Higher percentage is with the Tiger winning

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Top 5 and third best is stretching it, I'll stick with Elite Eight team for now. Either way, still a LOT better than Texas.

Basehorhonda
    Basehorhonda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Kays View Post
    Well put LT. MU's loss at Ok state also plays into this line. I'm starting to like this Mizzou play more and more. In my opinion, Mizzou is about the 3rd best team in the nation and Texas isn't even close. I can see 3 outcomes to this game: 1. Mizzou wins in a blowout 2. Mizzou wins in a close game 3. Texas pulls out a fluke... Higher percentage is with the Tiger winning
    Well you covered just about every possible outcome. Thats like saying I think Mizzou or Texas is going to win tonight.

Bullet Kays

No Texas blow out is the key. Sometimes you have to read between the lines a little

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Texas' Jacovan Brown really is a one man wrecking crew. Missouri has the athletes/speed to slow him down. Mizz should win this game but close line makes me weary.

1234 ... Last