Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OK man. Just because Oregon was -1, that doesn't mean all things were equal. Oregon State was the better team here. I think you may have been fooled by seeing Oregon -1 and thought it was a good play.

A lot of people liked Oregon. They were at home, had the better record, etc. I even saw that they were the best team in the Pac-12. LMAO. So if people thought that, didn't they find it strange Oregon was only -1? It was a sucker bet.

As for my examples in the past 24 hours, there are tons more. These are just games that happened recently.

Seton Hall -1 LOSS
    Oregon -1 LOSS
    NC State -1 LOSS
    Ga. Sstate - 1 LOSS (Just remembered that one)

All home teams. All teams people on this site liked. All losers.

I would be willing to bet that if you looked into other results you would find that teams that are -1 or -2 tend to lose straight up the majority of the time.
    this is interesting....i would love to know the ATS record of home teams -1/-2 in college hoops this year. But you would have to look at the closing line, and not the opening imo.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OK man. Just because Oregon was -1, that doesn't mean all things were equal. Oregon State was the better team here. I think you may have been fooled by seeing Oregon -1 and thought it was a good play.

A lot of people liked Oregon. They were at home, had the better record, etc. I even saw that they were the best team in the Pac-12. LMAO. So if people thought that, didn't they find it strange Oregon was only -1? It was a sucker bet.

As for my examples in the past 24 hours, there are tons more. These are just games that happened recently.

Seton Hall -1 LOSS
    Oregon -1 LOSS
    NC State -1 LOSS
    Ga. Sstate - 1 LOSS (Just remembered that one)

All home teams. All teams people on this site liked. All losers.

I would be willing to bet that if you looked into other results you would find that teams that are -1 or -2 tend to lose straight up the majority of the time.
    Totally agree that it was a sucker bet. That line was off. And alot of people thought Oregon was an easy winner. Not!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    this is interesting....i would love to know the ATS record of home teams -1/-2 in college hoops this year. But you would have to look at the closing line, and not the opening imo.
    As of now, Austin Peay and Princeton are both +2 on the road tomorrow.

Take them both on the ML and I bet you will profit. I think at worst it goes 1-1 which would still yield a profit

Or you can take teams like Oregon and lose.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

nobody listen to this stupid advice.

bigD: you betting every road dog up to +3. your answer is no, so why tell others to

any actual stats to back your claim? or is it around 50% ats like every other number?

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog View Post
    Totally agree that it was a sucker bet. That line was off. And alot of people thought Oregon was an easy winner. Not!
    though i have no stats on it seems like home teams cover more often than not when they are +1 not -1 . hard for me to take any home team most sports when they are -1.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

There used to be an old adage that said you will do well picking games where you bet on the road team getting less than a full bucket. This game applied.

First 12