Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Goodfella10's Plays - 1-28-12

RECORD (48-41) +10.3 UNITS
    PLAY OF THE DAY (4-6) -4.3 UNITS

**ALABAMA -10.5
    -Alabama has very solid guard play that should be able to handle the pressure of Arkansas. Alabama has struggled on the road, but they are solid at home. The Hogs haven't played well on the road this year going 0-4 and 3 of those losses were by double digits. Two big questions for Arkansas are how they plan to guard Green and Jacobs in the paint without any quality post defenders and how they are going to score against a very good half court defense.

**VILLANOVA +3
    -The last 6 meetings between these teams have been decided by a tad over 3 points. What this translates to for me is that these coaches are very familiar with one another and know how to play the other team close.
    To me Nova has played better basketball as of late and I think the fact that they are at home helps in this game as well. I think Nova has a shot to win outright, but it will take a solid effort to beat Marquette.

**CLEMSON -11.5
    -This line makes me think that Ty Walker isn't going to play today. The one area of concern with betting Clemson would how they would deal with Wake in the paint if Walker played. The Deacons have had issues with good guards and Andre Young is playing some good basketball right now for the Tigers. I think that Clemson gets out to a quick start and never looks back.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

xfrozenx
    Carolina -1
    xfrozenx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7449

Liking Clemson. Going with Nova? Gl man!

Goodfella10

Quote Originally Posted by xfrozenx View Post
    Liking Clemson. Going with Nova? Gl man!
    Yeah, I just have a feeling about it. I watched their first matchup and Marquette really was in charge most of the game, but Villanova really struggled shooting the ball. I think if they play marginally better than they last outing, then they have a shot to win. Good luck to you as well

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Howdy Goodfella, been busy in last couple of days, how are things?
    Glad to see you on Alabama, this is one of my bigger play today (5x on bama -10.5, and 2x on -11).
    My later game is Wichita St. -9.5 (not book yet, wait for the outcome of the bama's game).
    I wanna tail you something but can't put my money on Nova. They are not the same team they were last year. I saw so many games this year that they came out with a nice lead, then to finish the game with a lost.
    Best of luck on your card today Sir.

Goodfella10

Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    Howdy Goodfella, been busy in last couple of days, how are things? Glad to see you on Alabama, this is one of my bigger play today (5x on bama -10.5, and 2x on -11). My later game is Wichita St. -9.5 (not book yet, wait for the outcome of the bama's game). I wanna tail you something but can't put my money on Nova. They are not the same team they were last year. I saw so many games this year that they came out with a nice lead, then to finish the game with a lost. Best of luck on your card today Sir.
    I have hit a rough patch lately, but that happens. I would tread lightly if you plan to tail. I'm trying to narrow down the remainder of the games for the day, but I feel there is a lot of value in today's card. I just hope Alabama shows up today. You never know what you are going to get from them, but Arkansas really struggles to score in the halfcourt.

Goodfella10

ADDING:

***FLORIDA -8 (-120)

-Only 1 of the 12 Florida home wins has been less than double digits and that was Arizona in overtime by 6. I am a bit worried about how Florida and Young plan to deal with Moultrie and Sidney, but I think that all depends on which Sidney shows up. Moultrie and Young is a great matchup and I see Young as underrated on a team filled with great guards. Miss State is suspect on the road as evident by losses to Arkansas by 10 and Ole Miss by 7. This game will largely depend on whether or not Miss State comes to play or not. Florida will show up regardless.

Goodfella10

ADDING:

**IOWA ST +7
    -
    I think it will be a great atmosphere and Iowa St will be ready to play today. The fact that Missouri was only able to beat the Cyclones by 7 suggests that the Cyclones could hang around in this one at home. If they shoot well Iowa St has a shot to win outright, but it will take a good shooting day for that to happen. Kansas still hasn't played a very difficult road schedule, with their toughest coming at Texas where they won by 3. I will take the 7 points and the Cyclones.

***COLORADO ST +3 (-120)
    -
    I think today is the day the SDSU goes down. The oddsmakers have been banking on this for a while now, I think it is going to happen today. There is a reason they seem to set these lines low, which is that they feel they are going to lose on the road at some point. I have seen very little of Colorado St this year and not much more of SDSU. It took exceptional shooting in their last two outings on the road to come away with wins and odds are they won't continue to shoot 45% from the 3pt line.

**PITT -1
    -
    The Panthers are desperate for a big win and they will playing that way today. I feel like the more Woodall is back in the lineup with this team, the better they will get. Georgetown is very good, but that at times play less efficiently on the road. It is the Big East and Georgetown is playing on the road in a rowdy arena. I think Pitt pulls it out in a close one.

Goodfella10

adding:

***rutgers +1.5

**tennessee -9

Goodfella10

ADDING:

**LOUISVILLE +1.5

-Seton Hall struggled to score against Notre Dame and I would say UofL's defense can be just as good at times. The Cards guards really put pressure on their opponent's backcourts and that will be the big thing to watch in this matchup. I think UofL is getting better and hitting a stride, while Seton Hall seems to be going the other way. I am always iffy about betting road teams, but I will take my chances here.

**NC STATE -1
    -As I have said before, I think in games where tempo is the deciding factor, I like the home team. In addition to home court, NC State has a few players they can throw at Mike Scott that matchup with him fairly well. Actually these teams matchup very well at all positions, so it should be a battle.

**BYU -2.5

-Hard to bet against BYU at home, but they have had their struggles there this year against quality teams. St Mary's hasn't played anyone of BYU's quality on the road this year and this will be a test.

***AIR FORCE +10.5
    -Due to the style of play and tempo that the Falcons play, I think they can stay within double digits if they play fairly well. UNLV is tough and it will take a solid effort and good possessions for them to stay in the game, but I will take my chances with them at home.