cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Ranked team is a HOME DOG to an unranked team?

Within the last week we saw a ranked team as a 10.5 point underdog to an unranked team (that had to be a record), now we get a Ranked team (Illinois) is a HOME DOG to an unranked team (Wisconsin)?

The favorite could change before tip-off but I'm thinking this has to be unprecedented. Is it? What's your take on this game?

alexn
    alexn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

Illinois is a different beast at home. But then so was Purdue until the Badgers smashed on them too. Leaning Illinois but can't make a play on this game.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

under

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

People are undervaluing Illinois now b/c of the loss at Penn State... but as someone who was unbiased watching that game, the officials handed PSU about 12 points... 5 of them on a technical foul on a 'thrown' elbow by an Illinois player that never actually happened.

Illinois rolls.

cleaveland

I start taking a look at these teams and the first stat I look at, point differential, made me write off Illinois immediately. I see why they're dogs now.

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Last week Wis was a favorite against Michigan and got run off the court if I remembered correctly. You might want to check on that if it helps.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    Last week Wis was a favorite against Michigan and got run off the court if I remembered correctly. You might want to check on that if it helps.
    I don't take a side in college BB unless they have a significantly better point differential than their opponents.