awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Tennessee State +11???

Tennessee State +11 at Murray State in the OVC Tournament tonight.Tennessee State has won 6 straight games and still getting double digits?Me don't understand(best caveman impression)line.I though Georgia State who had won 4 straight games was getting too many(+14) at VCU,but lost 69-41 this past Saturday.Maybe I'm reading too much into this,but a team who has won 6 straight getting double digits to boot seems too easy to pass up.Then again maybe that's what the odds makers want you to think.Any thoughts on this game would be appreciated.

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Tenn St. fired their coach in February, and since then, they've been on fire. Two of those last 6, they were double-digit dogs. They only lost to Murray by 4 back in January..

I see this as a great play.

JohnMorr08
    JohnMorr08's Avatar Become A Pro!

FYI - The last time these 2 teams played was on 2/4/09 and Murray State beat the Tigers down by 30 points. I'm not on either side but I can tell you that traditionally there are blowouts in the first round of this tournament - they aren't playing on neutral grounds as in Most Conference Tournaments.

Here are some trends in your favor though - Good Luck

Racers are 8-20 ATS in their last 28 games as a home favorite of 7.0-12.5.
    Racers are 7-19 ATS in their last 26 games as a favorite of 7.0-12.5.
    Racers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.

so im zach
    so im zach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Expect this to be home game atmosphere for Tennessee State. The university is in Nashville, while Murray St. is having to travel 90+ miles to get there. Murray State has a tendency to keep first half scores close, too--so just keep that in mind, as well.

JohnMorr08
    JohnMorr08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zach - You could not be more WRONG. This game is at Murray State. The first round is at the HOME COURT of the better team. They don't play in Nashville until 3/6.

This is in FACT a home game for Murray State.

so im zach
    so im zach's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMorr08 View Post
    Zach - You could not be more WRONG. This game is at Murray State. The first round is at the HOME COURT of the better team. They don't play in Nashville until 3/6.

This is in FACT a home game for Murray State.

Good call, John. My apologies.

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray St is pretty darn good at home posting an 11-2 SU record. They have already beaten Tenn St twice this by 4pts at home on 1/8 and by 30pts at TSU on 2/4. I'm leaning towards the Murray St. side.

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMorr08 View Post
    FYI - The last time these 2 teams played was on 2/4/09 and Murray State beat the Tigers down by 30 points. I'm not on either side but I can tell you that traditionally there are blowouts in the first round of this tournament - they aren't playing on neutral grounds as in Most Conference Tournaments.

Here are some trends in your favor though - Good Luck

Racers are 8-20 ATS in their last 28 games as a home favorite of 7.0-12.5.
    Racers are 7-19 ATS in their last 26 games as a favorite of 7.0-12.5.
    Racers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.

Thanks for the info, JM. I think with the momentum Tenn St has with the new coach along with the triple revenge factor will decide this one.

awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I'm leaning towards Murray State myself.The spread is +11 for a reason right?

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on Tenn state +11 1/2

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by awholelottalumps View Post
    I'm leaning towards Murray State myself.The spread is +11 for a reason right?
    I'm probably going to play them on the ML in a parlay.