starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Comon Lobos!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If SDSU covers here, it will be one of the more perplexing opening lines and line movements I've ever seen in any sport.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    If SDSU covers here, it will be one of the more perplexing opening lines and line movements I've ever seen in any sport.
    Your telling me?

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

I have them at 7/1 on the money line and +11.5

They are ranked much higher than New Mexico guys, not sure why you think it would be such a big shock !

doogie24
    doogie24's Avatar Become A Pro!

SDSU takes a 6pt lead

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Apparently this was a free money grab for SDSU backers.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    I have them at 7/1 on the money line and +11.5

They are ranked much higher than New Mexico guys, not sure why you think it would be such a big shock !
    Why in the hell would they be +11.5? That was the shock -- not necessarily what's happening in the game.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

SDSU-11 was my 2nd biggest play tonight. I just couldn't see how it would be kept within double digits either way, and how an unranked team could be favored over a ranked team by double digits in the first place. I'm not counting my chickens yet, but it's obviously looking real good right now.

alamo

Why in the hell would they be +11.5? That was the shock -- not necessarily what's happening in the game.
    A handicap means nothing. Do you really think SDSU is going out there going thinking about something like that ? They want to win this game badly and thats what their going to try and do. A handicap means jack shit to em.

caseyman011

I love rocking chair games.

Ambition
    The Professor

With the majority of the bets going on SDSU at +8.5 and then the line going up to +10.5 with the RLM made NM the play for me but it didn't work out for this play. All the rest tonight with RLM cashed for me (GW +3, Morehead State +8, CF EV, Nova -1 and Nebraska +3). Mid as well go with NM at that point but didn't work so well. Congrats to all the SDSU backers.
    Last edited by Ambition; 01-18-12 at 10:45 PM.

alamo

People pay way too much attention to line moves when they should be focussed on who is the better team and how they match up. I just look at games, who is the better team and are they value and certainly this one checked all the boxes.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

A handicap means nothing. Do you really think SDSU is going out there going thinking about something like that ? They want to win this game badly and thats what their going to try and do. A handicap means jack shit to em.
    You don't understand.

Why was the line set at 7.5 in the first place (closing at 11)? Vegas is rarely off by that much -- especially given the circumstances of this game. The moneyline moved 180 cents in New Mexico's favor with the public hitting up SDSU. Why?

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

No Coincidences doesn't know a damn thing about sports. All he does is look at reverse line movement.

Ambition
    The Professor

People pay way too much attention to line moves when they should be focussed on who is the better team and how they match up. I just look at games, who is the better team and are they value and certainly this one checked all the boxes.
    You can't just look at who is the better team. It's not all about that. Whoever bet with the RLM tonight cashed big, including myself. NM was the only loss. Read my last post and look at all the teams that won when the majority and the public were so high on the other team. Indiana was a ranked team and they lost SU to Nebraska. Sometimes the line movement does mean something and in this case with NM it didn't matter.

alamo

You don't understand. Why was the line set at 7.5 in the first place (closing at 11)? Vegas is rarely off by that much -- especially given the circumstances of this game. The moneyline moved 180 cents in New Mexico's favor with the public hitting up SDSU. Why?
    More than likely cos people (incorrectly) were backing the wrong team thinking that SDSU would lose this game. In my opinion and the rankings show it SDSU are the better team and so far they are proving it. Still a long way to go though

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

More than likely cos people (incorrectly) were backing the wrong team thinking that SDSU would lose this game. In my opinion and the rankings show it SDSU are the better team and so far they are proving it. Still a long way to go though
    People were backing San Diego State. The line continued to move up anyway. The fact that it even opened where it did in the first place is just bizarre.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

worst line of the year. enough said.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

Just disregard everything no coincidences says in this thread. He doesn't even watch basketball. Only thing he looks at is line movement and thinks he can pick winners by doing this.

alamo

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    You can't just look at who is the better team. It's not all about that. Whoever bet with the RLM tonight cashed big, including myself. NM was the only loss. Read my last post and look at all the teams that won when the majority and the public were so high on the other team. Indiana was a ranked team and they lost SU to Nebraska. Sometimes the line movement does mean something and in this case with NM it didn't matter.
    The public ? Dude, we are all the public. Anyone who bets a sport is part of the public. Its about picking the winning teams. These teams that go out everynight are all trying to win games. Do you really think Washington went out tonight and said "Ohhhh we are +11, so lets try and win within that". Teams will compete. Its like people backing a horse. Do you really think the horse knows there's money on it - Of course not. The best horse on the day will win.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Basically the worst line I've ever seen. Granted I've only been betting for a shade under three years, but wow.

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

And the dude went 3-1. Seems good to me.

caseyman011

At the end of the day, when someone looks at the final score and sees that a ranked team went on the road and beat an unranked team, regardless of what Vegas/bettors did, they would think that was the correct result. I'm actually kind of upset I didn't play the SDSU moneyline, as well.

naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

its a rare case where a few betting groups were completely off and lost a lot of money on new mexico... they don't win every game, but they do win most of them.. i have to admit for sdsu to win outright is very strange with the line movement in this game.. i would have thought new mexico money line would hit here 14 out of 15 times given the RLM and other factors... But the moral of the story is that there are never any locks, and theres never a sure thing. You can only play the percentages over time if your betting the right way. You can't get bent out of shape over one fluke game.

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

If you can't determine the difference between what Vegas thinks and what a team thinks you're going to lose a lot of money.

alamo

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    In my opinion it was the best line Ive seen this year. 7/1 and +11.5.

Ta ta evil bookie man. Will take that everytime !

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The public ? Dude, we are all the public. Anyone who bets a sport is part of the public. Its about picking the winning teams. These teams that go out everynight are all trying to win games. Do you really think Washington went out tonight and said "Ohhhh we are +11, so lets try and win within that". Teams will compete. Its like people backing a horse. Do you really think the horse knows there's money on it - Of course not. The best horse on the day will win.
    You're missing the point.

naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

I completely support everything No Coin is saying here... it was a complete fluke and if the same situation presented itself tomorrow with an unranked and ranked team with that line movement i would take the unranked fav all over again, maybe I'm just ignorant

caseyman011

Funny thing is, this isn't even a fluke result. SDSU is the better team.

12 Last