Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Seton Hall +1

What is everyone making of this game? This is another game where the line is moving rather much. Opened up at Seton Hall -1 now it's +1. The public is on Seton Hall heavy in the beginning so the line moved up too -1.5. Still people betting on Seton Hall and yet the line starts to go down and now Seton Hall is +1 even though the public is on the Pirates? Is Seton hall a trap tonight?

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Sure feels like a trap-
    I'm caught in the web!
    SHU -1 1x and SHU +1 1x
    Don't like it one bit, and
    I feel like a f@#kin' moron right now.
    Good luck, Hall backers- 'cause we're gonna need it.

Ambition
    The Professor

Yeah I haven't put in a bet for this game and I don't think I'm going to seems weird.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

like i said....this is the time of year i either stay away or i take the home team in situations like this......hall may very well win this....but would you be suprised if nova won this game?...i wouldnt.....this is the time of year it gets tough to win on the road i think.....sure road teams are going to win games.....but its not easy to find all of the spots where its going to happen right now......

recently weve seen a heck of a baylor team get blown out at kansas(although kansas is good and their homecourt is a huge advantage)......seen a team like minnesota go into a place where kentucky and ohio st lost(indiana) and win.....seen michigan st wipe the floor with iowa.....saw mich go into iowa and play like dogshit...then see mich eek out a win over mich st at home.....shit just gets strange this time of year

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

Last night I placed a 3 team parlay wager with SETON HALL -1.0 POINT as my ANCHOR PLAY... I won the first two plays in the parlay play.... Now I look and Seton Hall Univ. is on one of my sites getting 1 point and the other site has the HALL as a 1.5 pt dog... Usually, when I win the first 2 wagers on a parlay bet I hedge my wager by betting on the opponent in last game which guarantees me of winning money.... Now, with Seton Hall going from favorite to underdog a different dynamic now comes into play ...... before I do anything I would be interested in hearing some different strategies from my betting brothers.... My PLAY was going to bet a sizable HEDGE bet on VILLANOVA, BUT WITH THE LINE MOVEMENT towards VILLANOVA IS this the correct wager!

edit* do i get screwed if Villanova wins by 1 point?

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by coachkap View Post
    Last night I placed a 3 team parlay wager with SETON HALL -1.0 POINT as my ANCHOR PLAY... I won the first two plays in the parlay play.... Now I look and Seton Hall Univ. is on one of my sites getting 1 point and the other site has the HALL as a 1.5 pt dog... Usually, when I win the first 2 wagers on a parlay bet I hedge my wager by betting on the opponent in last game which guarantees me of winning money.... Now, with Seton Hall going from favorite to underdog a different dynamic now comes into play ...... before I do anything I would be interested in hearing some different strategies from my betting brothers.... My PLAY was going to bet a sizable HEDGE bet on VILLANOVA, BUT WITH THE LINE MOVEMENT towards VILLANOVA IS this the correct wager!

edit* do i get screwed if Villanova wins by 1 point?
    My personal philosophy is: if you are at the tail end of a parlay and just need the one game to win, ALWAYS hedge. Either way, you'll be up something. You'd be mighty pissed if 'Nova wins and you didn't risk some of your potential parlay winnings by hedging. BOL, whatever you decide.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

seton hall ml +105 all day

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Or, if you have the game televised, watch the 1st half. If you feel your bet is in Jeapardy, the hedge the second half. Of course if you can't watch, you just hedge the whole game. The half bet is good when you can watch and feel the game out. You can tell a lot of times how the game is going to play out, not all the time but it does happen.

Ambition
    The Professor

Take Villanova to the bank.

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Im liking Seton Hall -1 and MArshal +4.5

Ambition
    The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by BoutDemCowboys View Post
    Im liking Seton Hall -1 and MArshal +4.5
    Seton Hall isn't -1 anymore, it's +1. Still want the Pirates?

cumatmebrah
    cumatmebrah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    Take Villanova to the bank.
    why exactly?

just cuz its fishy?
    lawl

BoutDemCowboys

Yeah thats my fault.... Typo, I guess the game is a little scary was thinkiing 5pt. teaser Seton Hall +6 and Marshal +9.5..... Now Im just thinking going big on MArshal instead and saying screw Seton Hall. WVU's big man is out and Marshal is #3 in the country in rebounding, they should dominate the glass and they are home. Take MArshal Big!

Ambition
    The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by cumatmebrah View Post
    why exactly?

just cuz its fishy?
    lawl
    If the spread is that close and it's going back and forth from -1 to EV to +1, wouldn't you want to take the home team? I know I would. Also I'll pick against the public any day.

Fade me if you want I really don't care. I bet with my gut feeling and experience from gambling over the years.

Ambition
    The Professor

Yeah thats my fault.... Typo, I guess the game is a little scary was thinkiing 5pt. teaser Seton Hall +6 and Marshal +9.5..... Now Im just thinking going big on MArshal instead and saying screw Seton Hall. WVU's big man is out and Marshal is #3 in the country in rebounding, they should dominate the glass and they are home. Take MArshal Big!
    That's a good point with Marshall and I'm not trying to make you fade from Seton Hall I'm just letting you what's going on in the game. BOL though

Lets win money like we did the other night!

BoutDemCowboys

That's a good point with Marshall and I'm not trying to make you fade from Seton Hall I'm just letting you what's going on in the game. BOL though

Lets win money like we did the other night!

No worries! Love the input, and I agree with you when the spreads that close I'd usually take the home team. I'm just gonna stay from that game, and ride Marshal....... BOL! LEts get it today!

Ambition
    The Professor

No worries! Love the input, and I agree with you when the spreads that close I'd usually take the home team. I'm just gonna stay from that game, and ride Marshal....... BOL! LEts get it today!
    Smart choice staying away from that game, BOL brotha!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by coachkap View Post
    Last night I placed a 3 team parlay wager with SETON HALL -1.0 POINT as my ANCHOR PLAY... I won the first two plays in the parlay play.... Now I look and Seton Hall Univ. is on one of my sites getting 1 point and the other site has the HALL as a 1.5 pt dog... Usually, when I win the first 2 wagers on a parlay bet I hedge my wager by betting on the opponent in last game which guarantees me of winning money.... Now, with Seton Hall going from favorite to underdog a different dynamic now comes into play ...... before I do anything I would be interested in hearing some different strategies from my betting brothers.... My PLAY was going to bet a sizable HEDGE bet on VILLANOVA, BUT WITH THE LINE MOVEMENT towards VILLANOVA IS this the correct wager! edit* do i get screwed if Villanova wins by 1 point?
    You have no hedge easy, but you can lay juice on Villanova ML.

cumatmebrah
    cumatmebrah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

If the spread is that close and it's going back and forth from -1 to EV to +1, wouldn't you want to take the home team? I know I would. Also I'll pick against the public any day. Fade me if you want I really don't care. I bet with my gut feeling and experience from gambling over the years.
    yea its just that nova is a very weak team this year, they get overvalued from success in recent years

Ambition
    The Professor

Quote Originally Posted by cumatmebrah View Post
    yea its just that nova is a very weak team this year, they get overvalued from success in recent years
    I completely agree with that. But my gut feeling is telling me to take Nova, I could be wrong. Time will tell.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

nova getting every single call.....oh lawd

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Game on streak for the cash always leery..............

Ambition
    The Professor

That's how you cash Nova