DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Weird lines for Wed games??

So many..sdsu +8.5 on the road(yes it's tough to play in NM). WV -4 vs Marshall? Marshall good at all?
    Wichita state -2 vs n Iowa?
    Drake +1.5 vs S Illinois?

I know all are on the road but I seriously have not heard of most of these teams even at home playing anyone tough all year? Anyone have any info on some of these games or lines? Just a bit confused because I have not followed these home teams this week.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Yeah, definitely some weird lines...I'd add Indiana -4.5 at Nebraska and Georgia State -3.5 at Northeastern to that.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Noticed exactly the same thing.. Really strange.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't see anything odd about those lines, other than SDSU's appearing to be inflated (it's probably there for a reason).

Not sure where the other ones should be. Seem right to me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Noticed exactly the same thing.. Really strange.
    Which lines are "strange" to you pimike?

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia State line is not far off. Look at who they've played. They played at Utah Valley and won by 3. Very overrated.

DavieVegas

Creighton -1 vs Mizz St? Also, has northwestern lost more then 10 to anyone yet this year? 10.5 underdogs vs Wisconsin on the road..

lite1up
    UTEP +18

nocoin, you don't find Georgia State -3.5 at Northeastern to be more than a little strange?

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    Georgia State line is not far off. Look at who they've played. They played at Utah Valley and won by 3. Very overrated.

Maybe so, but Northeastern has been absolutely blasted by several teams much worse than Georgia State.

Ab34
    Ab34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2836

The Marshall game is a sold out Charleston Civic Center should be about 60/40 in favor of wvu fans the Herd won by 6 last year after being up 24 at one point both mu and wvu are hot coming into this game, last year 55 fouls were called. Wvu is in the bottom of the big east in ft percentage and marshall the bottom of cusa. However Marshall leads the country in offensive rebounds, rebound margin and is up there in total rebounding. Should be a good game i am going with Marshall and the 4.5 +

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Which lines are "strange" to you pimike?
    SDSU +8 ?????????????? REALLY? I figured they would struggle in the PITT but was looking at 3-5 line

WV only -4 figured they would be 8.

DavieVegas

All I have to say is thank god for teasers lol..tomorrow is going to be very interesting

RoadDog

Northeastern sucks just as bad, but they're at home. In my opinion, this game should be a pick.

DavieVegas

Sdsu line just went to +9 wow

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DavieVegas View Post
    Sdsu line just went to +9 wow
    Will check, somebody has to be out.

RoadDog

Obviously New Mexico is going to smoke em tomorrow. Maybe a repeat of what New Mexico did to Missouri St.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Northeastern sucks just as bad, but they're at home. In my opinion, this game should be a pick.

How does Georgia State suck? 13-1 last 14 games, wins over VCU (on the road) and Drexel, only conference loss a 3 point loss at George Mason. 7th in the nation in adjusted defensive efficiency.

You have no clue about either of these teams if you think this game should be a pick...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    SDSU +8 ?????????????? REALLY? I figured they would struggle in the PITT but was looking at 3-5 line

WV only -4 figured they would be 8.
    I do think the SDS line is odd, but this is not a good spot for them at all.

Marshall's a pretty solid squad. WVU is erratic. Marshall won this game SU last year. I do think the Mountaineers probably win and cover here though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    nocoin, you don't find Georgia State -3.5 at Northeastern to be more than a little strange?
    Pretty standard. Thought it'd be 4.5 or 5, so it may be off a little. That's probably where it will close.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Pretty standard. Thought it'd be 4.5 or 5, so it may be off a little. That's probably where it will close.

I can accept that although I think this spread should be 6 points at a minimum. The CAA can be dicey at times. Much better than the other guy claiming this game should be a pick....clearly out of his mind,.

RoadDog

How does Georgia State suck? 13-1 last 14 games, wins over VCU (on the road) and Drexel, only conference loss a 3 point loss at George Mason. 7th in the nation in adjusted defensive efficiency.

You have no clue about either of these teams if you think this game should be a pick...
    I know everything about both of these teams. Georgia St's record looks real pretty right now and you can snatch that VCU 2 point road win as a basis for them being "good" but the reality of it is that they've played the 339th hardest schedule in the nation. They beat Utah Valley by 3 on the road. Georgia St has not proven they can beat anyone on the road by more than a possession.

Northeastern is awful. We all know how awful they are. They beat Towson by under double digits if i remember correctly. I like to think Vegas is smarter than all of us. The line is set there for a reason. And when you see 80% of pub on G State tomorrow, it will make more sense.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I can accept that although I think this spread should be 6 points at a minimum. The CAA can be dicey at times. Much better than the other guy claiming this game should be a pick....clearly out of his mind,.
    To say the least.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Love Nebraska tomorrow.

DavieVegas

Anyone else see Georgia -2 vs Tennessee? Tenn ML IMO

RoadDog

Not out of my mind. Georgia St is pretty square tomorrow.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

I know everything about both of these teams. Georgia St's record looks real pretty right now and you can snatch that VCU 2 point road win as a basis for them being "good" but the reality of it is that they've played the 339th hardest schedule in the nation. They beat Utah Valley by 3 on the road. Georgia St has not proven they can beat anyone on the road by more than a possession. Northeastern is awful. We all know how awful they are. They beat Towson by under double digits if i remember correctly. I like to think Vegas is smarter than all of us. The line is set there for a reason. And when you see 80% of pub on G State tomorrow, it will make more sense.
    Fair enough. I still think Georgia State rolls in this spot...but thanks for giving me your reasoning on this pick. I too thought Georgia State was overrated until their win at VCU.

RoadDog

Fair enough. I still think Georgia State rolls in this spot...but thanks for giving me your reasoning on this pick. I too thought Georgia State was overrated until their win at VCU.
    And to clarify, I will not be placing a bet on Northeastern. I took them this year against Towson and they couldnt cover. I wrote them off after that.

Looking at Tulsa tomorrow. Tulane is horrible.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

And to clarify, I will not be placing a bet on Northeastern. I took them this year against Towson and they couldnt cover. I wrote them off after that.

Looking at Tulsa tomorrow. Tulane is horrible.
    yeah, I like Tulsa. Spread seems a little high at 7 but Tulane has been terrible in conference play. Tulsa presents a lot of matchup problems for an undersized Tulane team. Tulane's only road wins against Texas Pan American and Navy.

RoadDog

Tulsa is great teaser material if nothing else.

alexn
    alexn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

I posted a thread making a play on SDSU tomorrow. Yes I'm a homer but I've also bet against SDSU a few times this year in football and basketball. Its inflated because its supposed to be a let down game after the UNLV upset as well as playing at The Pitt. SDSU has taken 10 of 13 from New Mexico including the last 4 of 6 at The Pitt. Of the two losses one was in OT and other was a blowout. I'll gladly take the points as the Pitt isn't what it used to be.

DavieVegas

I teased a lot of teams tomorrow because these lines..hope it works out

Bryan T
    Bryan T's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1788

does towson play any better at home than usual cuz im thinkin bout goin big on odu. any thoughts?

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Georgia St should at least be -6 in this situation

as far the the home games for the MVC the home teams are dominating in the MVC right now

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

If u ask if Marshall is good how can u say thats an odd line

DavieVegas

Because WV is Streaky at times but good..line should be like -6 or more I thought

12 Last