Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

My thoughts on the Citadel game

Citadel seems like a favorite pick amongst posters on here...I liked it at first glance myself. However, it seems like oddsmakers are overcompensating for the lines they were giving Citadel early in the year.

Early Citadel was dogs, usually big dogs and they were covering every time. Saturday was the first time I've seen Citadel as a big fav. and they lost. tonight they are going on the road again, and are a pretty good sized fav. I see this as a time the books are trying to make some money now that most people know citadel is for real and know they have a killer ATS record. I'm too nervous myself to bet them in this spot, and think others should be weary as well.

Just my opinion though

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dbldown11 View Post
    Citadel seems like a favorite pick amongst posters on here...I liked it at first glance myself. However, it seems like oddsmakers are overcompensating for the lines they were giving Citadel early in the year.

Early Citadel was dogs, usually big dogs and they were covering every time. Saturday was the first time I've seen Citadel as a big fav. and they lost. tonight they are going on the road again, and are a pretty good sized fav. I see this as a time the books are trying to make some money now that most people know citadel is for real and know they have a killer ATS record. I'm too nervous myself to bet them in this spot, and think others should be weary as well.

Just my opinion though
    citadel is in the very top in win/loss % ATS
    georgia southern is in the bottom in win/loss % ATS

citadel is a much stronger team. i think citadel money line is the play here.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

you make a good point. i'm on citadel small, but this is a classic example of an "unfamiliar line" situation. hard to know how a team will play in a given spot when they have no experience in that spot. liked citadel a lot early in day, but unfamiliar spot alone will keep the amount small. that said, ga southern suspending 3 important players plus citadel motivational edge made it too tempting to resist.

i have a feeling that this might be a knee-jerk big play for some, and i agree that that would be a little dangerous. it's very easy to see citadel winning by 3 and being very happy about it.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 03-02-09 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo

Dbldown11

Yeah I know those stats too curious...which is was scares me away.

They were getting soooo many points early in the year cause in the past they have sucked...even after they kept winning they kept getting a lot of points. Now they tide has turned and they keep coming in as big road favs? Seems off to me, which is why it's a no play.

Dbldown11

I do agree that ML way be the way to go curious...Like BiffT said, I could see them winning this by 3