jkbballin
    jkbballin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Desperation; In need of picks

I am down a good amount of money and wanted some input on good picks for sunday night and monday. I was considering NC State -4 and Oregon State +1.5, Do these seem like decent picks?

Sportsfan12
    Sportsfan12's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am telling you right now if you want to make your money back go with md ml. I put $1000 on the terps ml tonight. Gl and lets cash it in

jkbballin

I go to maryland but have little faith in them on the road. They are coming off two strong games against UNC and Duke though. Tough call for me

Sportsfan12
    Sportsfan12's Avatar Become A Pro!

They need this win more than NC STATE

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

if nothing else, do not take NC State and give the points. i also like the first half under 68.5.

jkbballin

I decided to take Maryland +4, fingers crossed. Still debating oregon state game

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by jkbballin View Post
    I decided to take Maryland +4, fingers crossed. Still debating oregon state game
    if i take that one, i probably take oregon state. don't like taking a 1H under that's less than 60. can't decide between Oregon State +1 1H and +2 game. love a 1H +1. they have the president on their side, for pete's sake.

jkbballin

Maryland pulled through, now its oregon states turn.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Oregon St. Line is fishy...the lines makers know something...there is no reason for them to be +1.5

Generally I just don't bet on those games...because more often than not...the outcome is not what it seems it should be.

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hey jkballin, best of luck with your picks. Good thing you were on Maryland. Just be cautious and remember the key to winning in the world of sports betting is good money management. Watching someone lose their money is bad enough, but it's even sadder when they lose money that they don't have, or can't afford to lose. Maintain control and know your limits.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    Oregon St. Line is fishy...the lines makers know something...there is no reason for them to be +1.5

Generally I just don't bet on those games...because more often than not...the outcome is not what it seems it should be.
    i was sorta thinking that. tend to avoid rivalry games, and if i play them, i play the dog. wonder if oregon will have same HCA tonight, even for rivalry game, b/c of how bad they are. think i'll play oregon st +2 and 1H +1, both small.

**BurghSports**
    **BurghSports**'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope Oregon covers..have them in a 3 team parlay with MD ML and Cavs ML...I took Oregon because I also felt that the line was fishy...I hope they cover

jkbballin

Thanks for the advice, I am trying to work my way back to even so these two wins would be huge for me. Any advice on monday's games would be great.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

^^
    Don't try to get back to even in 5 bets...that's the best advice I could give...

Gotta sometimes take 2 steps...back 1....2 again...slowly, don't get carried away

I'm thinkin' the Texas/Baylor game might be the only game I might bet on tomorrow

jkbballin

Which way were you thinking on the Texas/Baylor game?

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

No idea...have yet to look at it...couldn't even tell you the line.

But tomorrow I'll give it a good researching...and we shall see if it seems playable.

**BurghSports**

Oregon get me that closer on that 3 team parlay

jkbballin

that second half was horrible for the beavers... tough loss

**BurghSports**

It was horrible...I just knew something wasnt right with that line man, and thats why I jumped on the Ducks...

jkbballin

I need to bounce back tomorrow, things aren't looking too good for me. Any advice on tomorrows games would be awesome.

**BurghSports**

Early Im liking Villanova over Notre Dame...I am also going to hit up some early baseball games...I like Cubs and White Sox and also possibly Indians..You bet baseball?

jkbballin

Yeah but not as much as CBB, i was eyeing the nova game also. I find it hard to believe that they are underdogs in this match. Line will most likely get a little close to even.

**BurghSports**

yea..Im half tempted to put something on it early just in case it does move...I wont be able too though until the morning because my book doesnt have the lines up yet...

**BurghSports**

It is kind of a scary game though and is quite similar in comparison to tonight's Oregon game...almost like it doesnt make sense...

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Yeah but not as much as CBB, i was eyeing the nova game also. I find it hard to believe that they are underdogs in this match. Line will most likely get a little close to even.
    Kinda like how you couldn't believe the Beavers were getting points tonight??

That's why you're in a hole...you have to notice these things...and just stay away.

jkbballin

touche, yeah I think I am trying too hard to get back to even. I went through a 1-12 stretch of bets and was in the hole pretty deep. I made some big bets on some games today and pulled a lot closer to even but i'm not quite there. I am hoping to find one good bet tomorrow and put a good amount of money on it but if there is no games that look good i'll just wait until tuesday. I have until friday to get even.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

touche, yeah I think I am trying too hard to get back to even. I went through a 1-12 stretch of bets and was in the hole pretty deep. I made some big bets on some games today and pulled a lot closer to even but i'm not quite there. I am hoping to find one good bet tomorrow and put a good amount of money on it but if there is no games that look good i'll just wait until tuesday. I have until friday to get even.
    I wouldn't put it all on one game to get back to even...all it takes is the teams star player to sprain an ankle...and your way worse than you already are...

Gotta get back gradually...even if that means owing a little money on Frriday...

But it's your money in the end to do with what you please.

ASH0479
    ASH0479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Don't Chase buddy....your gonna end up getting burnt...small steps at a time like mentioned above, thats the safe and best way to take care of it

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quit before it gets worse... I want to be honest with you.. the first few replies tried to give you money... You seem like you are in a big hurried chase now...

Forget what you lost start over...and stop second guessing everything...or just quit...

jkbballin

I am done going big on games, I want to make a few smart bets that will draw me close to even. I'm not really sure any of the games today would be smart. Anything draw your attention?

qman615
    qman615's Avatar Become A Pro!

Smart Bets = Bets That Are Not Trying To Get You Even

You are saddled up and on the chase! You keep reiterating that in every post.

You are not getting it bro, I agree with G - pick another habit that will kill you slower like smoking or unprotected sex.

jkbballin

I think I am going to go on Notre Dame tonight. They beat nova last time and this time it is at home. Any thoughts?

swilldoggy420
    swilldoggy420's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm in the same boat as you, bro! Good luck. I'm learning the HARD way and hope to climb out of my hole too!

TORONTOBBALL
    TORONTOBBALL's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would have to say best bet would be citadel just look at the numbers they bet g.southern in january i believe it was 74-65 something like that and g.southern had there leading scorer and top gaurd. now g.southern is missing there leading scorer plus two more guys to suspensions and there top gaurd is out for the season because of his knee. this game means nothing to g.southern where as to citadel they win they tie for second in the conference.

jkbballin

Wow I didn't realize that, thanks. Hopefully it pays out.

12 Last