onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Roy Williams bails on 5 walk-ons.

Roy Williams and the rest of the North Carolina players and coaches left the court with 15 seconds left. But left 5 walk-ons (according to ESPN) on the court to finish the game.

Man, how does that make those players feel?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Roy Williams sucks

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

im sure they are use to it.the walk ons are the ones who get the garbage time and hell the garbage

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

This happened at the end of the Florida state game? I didn't see it. Unlv was bad enough, this loss was awful
    Last edited by gregm; 01-14-12 at 03:32 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    im sure they are use to it.the walk ons are the ones who get the garbage time and hell the garbage
    I understand that, but the team left the court do to the safety issue. Screw those 5 though.

I just fine it messed up. Roy should of stayed out and waited for those players if anything, and let the other players go in.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

they fuking quit in the 2nd half played zero defense

i would have walk off the court too

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

wow, that's ridic

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Price to pay as a walk-on. At least they finished the game.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

not as bad as walking out on kansas.

roy's always been a scumbag.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    Price to pay as a walk-on. At least they finished the game.
    Regardless. Coach should of stayed out there. He is a father figure to these kids. He suppose to be a leader, he retreated and left some men behind. Chicken sh!t if you ask me.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

did they storm the court?

I just dont get fukking programs storming the court after beating a conference opponent... Its embarrassing,

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

I just dont get fukking programs storming the court after beating a conference opponent... Its embarrassing,
    Yes they did. That's why the team went in before the game ended. Safety issue, but fuk the safety of the 5 players out there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Williams is too old

game passed him buy

overrated

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

the guy is 61 and was about to get totally trampled by fsu fans...this is nothing new and done for safety...the kids understand as should everyone else...there was 14 seconds left...you act like there were 5 minutes or something...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    the guy is 61 and was about to get totally trampled by fsu fans.
    Fair enough. Well just let him go in then, and let the rest of the team stay out. No need to strand 5 players out there.
    Last edited by onlooker; 01-14-12 at 04:06 PM.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Roy has never been a great coach, loads of talent all the way back to Kansas and has only managed 1.5 National Titles only die to the fact of the talent overcame his poor coaching. I only give him credit for half of his first title since those kids was Doherty's.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

It was UNC...and FSU's had a rough season so far...after an ass-kicking like that, it was gonna happen.

We're not all Duke/UNC/UK.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Roy has never been a great coach, loads of talent all the way back to Kansas and has only managed 1.5 National Titles only die to the fact of the talent overcame his poor coaching. I only give him credit for half of his first title since those kids was Doherty's.
    He won (2) titles at UNC. Doherty couldn't win *)(%$&*)#@**%) with 'those kids of his'. Roy was the one that figured out how to win with them. It's not like he can't recruit All-Americans on his own (as you pointed out all on your own).

___

Hamilton suggested leaving.

UNC had a female manager knocked down earlier in the year in Vegas when UNLV rushed the floor.

Roy is the most fragile and least mobile out of all the ones out there. If I'm a 20 year old walk-on I tell coach to get the hell out, we got this. I wouldn't even leave Steve Robinson out there, not the greatest of experiences at FSU either.

"I did the worst job of coaching a team that I’ve ever done and the worst job of preparing a team to play than I’ve ever done. I’ve got to do a heckuva lot better job than that." - Roy Williams 01/14/12

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    It was UNC...and FSU's had a rough season so far...after an ass-kicking like that, it was gonna happen.

We're not all Duke/UNC/UK.
    but this is a program that went to the elite 8 last year if i remember correctly...

i guess there's nothing wrong with the kids having fun,

congrats on the win...

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by UNCGQ View Post

He won (2) titles at UNC. Doherty couldn't win *)(%$&*)#@**%) with 'those kids of his'. Roy was the one that figured out how to win with them. It's not like he can't recruit All-Americans on his own (as you pointed out all on your own).

___

Hamilton suggested leaving.

UNC had a female manager knocked down earlier in the year in Vegas when UNLV rushed the floor.

Roy is the most fragile and least mobile out of all the ones out there. If I'm a 20 year old walk-on I tell coach to get the hell out, we got this. I wouldn't even leave Steve Robinson out there, not the greatest of experiences at FSU either.

"I did the worst job of coaching a team that I’ve ever done and the worst job of preparing a team to play than I’ve ever done. I’ve got to do a heckuva lot better job than that." - Roy Williams 01/14/12

yeah he has won two titles but just like his daddy Dean he should have more with the talent he has recruited. All of those great Kansas teams and he only made it to the Championship once and lost. Great talent will win games and if you get lucky it can win the Championship, average coaching gets you Roy Williams.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

I don't blame them at all for rushing the floor. It's not like #300 knocking off #85.

They've had some big wins against UNC over the years. The one I remember in particular was a 2nd half comeback of something like 28 points. Pretty sure after that game they locked down the UNC Scout forum for a bit to help control the meltdown.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

They should force the fans to wait till the other team is off the court. They keep them off the court the entire game, an extra 40 seconds wouldn't kill them

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    They should force the fans to wait till the other team is off the court. They keep them off the court the entire game, an extra 40 seconds wouldn't kill them
    That is hard to do. They actually do a announcement over the PA to stay off the court, but no one listens. Well they did that back when UNLV won the WAC tournament years ago at the Thomas and Mack. They don't have enough security to hold all those people back.