lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

George Mason -4 at James Madison Saturday...WTF?

Glancing ahead to tomorrow, this strikes me as a true 'WTF!?!?' spread.

Is this an over-reaction to George Mason losing at Drexel? Drexel is a very tough out at home so I don't see how this is an indictment of a George Mason team that rolled in there with a 5 game winning streak - including road wins against Old Dominion by 9 and Charleston by 8; as well as a home victory over Georgia State.

James Madison is flat out awful and will have trouble scoring points at all in this matchup. Were it not for Towson and William & Mary being historically awful, JMU would certainly be the dregs of this conference.

This already stands out as play of the day material by far. Any insight as to why the spread is so low? I wouldn't take JMU +12 here.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

guess nobody else was alarmed by this line?

gatorwager
    gatorwager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I haven't looked at tomorrow's lines yet, still focusing on tonight...but that is pretty shocking, I agree. I'm going to wait and see where the big money goes, weird lines like that usually end up screwing you.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

The line does look low and Vegas has it like that for a reason....I hope the public takes it to 4.4.5 and than take James Madison.!

CappinTerp

Ment to say hope.....4.5.5.! One thing I have learned over the years is that Vegas knows alot more than you and me...so that is why I like the other side.......GL

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Man, I hear ya - I really do, but I just can't possibly see myself making a play on James Madison here. May be gutless & stupid on my part, but I digress.

GL to you too

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Will be interesting to see what happens in the Indiana State/SIU and USF/Seton Hall matchups tonight (i'm on Seton Hall & SIU). Seems like the contrarian angle hasn't really worked so far this season with most of the obvious "trap" plays cashing. This trend might change with conference play upon us

CappinTerp

Well do what you think is right..what do I know....Iwill tell you one thing that Bill & Mary and Towson are very bad teams.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

no, I appreciate what you're saying and the line almost seems too fishy to make a play on George Mason.

Fading Towson has been cash money all year long

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

This is a weird line yes..

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

another weird line, I mean it looks really nice....... like possible pod material, but I don't feel like getting trapped two days in a row after being on seton hall last night.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

GMU -4/-5 looks great, almost too good. i have Mason winning by 10-12. i agree, this line caught my eye early, but i'm really wary of playing it. would almost feel better if it were -6/-7.

gatorwager

Due to the oddity of the line, it's play James Madison at +5 or don't play at all. Like most, I cringe thinking about putting my money on JMU, but we've seen unusual lines like this before and it usually goes against the easy public pick. Like I said earlier, I was going to wait to see where the sharp money goes...

...line opened at -5
    ...79% on George Mason
    ...line remains at -5, or even -4.5 at some books

Big money is on JMU. Why? There must be some reason...and whatever that reason is, is why I am staying away from this game.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

like over but don't know that i'll play it.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Just put in for a George Mason/Wisconsin Green Bay moneyline parlay. Pays better than even money but get it now if you like it b/c the prices are moving fast.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Fukk it guys. If it's a trap, consider me trapped. James Madison is just too awful for me to lay off this bet. GL guys.

cumatmebrah
    cumatmebrah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 327

Lang is on James Madison

gatorwager

80% now on George Mason...line still at -4. I don't know how they are going to do it, but James Madison is going to cover this line. Books aren't just giving this game away. Especially since George Mason has gained enough notoriety over the years that the recreational better and everyday public schmuck would pound this line.

I think you are playing a risky game simply for risk's sake if you bet GMU.

Sirus73
    Sirus73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

I'm on them too. Went 4-1 yesterday, today so far i'm 0-3. Hope this ends my losing streak for the day.

lite1up
    UTEP +18

Well, I just got screwed on the FSU/UNC under, so I need this one. Bet already placed

cumatmebrah

will be shocked if they dont win by dd

gatorwager

Of the games remaining, Detroit at +5 seems like the much safer play. I would just hate to have my money on a team that Vegas ostensibly wants to lose. But that's what makes sports crazy, anything can happen. Good luck.

gatorwager

The line has DROPPED to -3.5 Sharps are pounding the living sh*t out of this line. What else can explain it? The public is all over GMU but the line continues to fall. Unless Sharps are pounding the line lower to then grab GMU and pound it even harder? (this sounds very sexual).

I'm dropping 5 units on JMU. Call me nuts.

efalk1322
    efalk1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by gatorwager View Post
    The line has DROPPED to -3.5 Sharps are pounding the living sh*t out of this line. What else can explain it? The public is all over GMU but the line continues to fall. Unless Sharps are pounding the line lower to then grab GMU and pound it even harder? (this sounds very sexual).

WOW FML, took GM 20 minutes ago at -4.5

Jimmy Proffett

Quote Originally Posted by gatorwager View Post

I'm definitely hedging this game. Have a bet on Wisc G.B. (win)/GMU moneyline; gonna put same bet on JMU +3.5. Lemme hit both one time!

gatorwager

Gonna be interesting to see how this one plays out...

cumatmebrah

can someone explain to me what you mean by the sharps pounding a line to get it to drop to something they like and then taking a different position?

i dont get it is their a massive group of high rollers that collaberate with one another to achieve certain vegas spreads?

lite1up
    UTEP +18

This has to be the strangest line of the year. On paper, GMU wins by 12+. I'd rather shove an incinerating pipe cleaner up my urethra than back James Madison in this matchup

Jimmy Proffett

Wow smart money looks way off so far.

Dmil
    Dmil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    Fukk it guys. If it's a trap, consider me trapped. James Madison is just too awful for me to lay off this bet. GL guys.
    Thanks for the play. Took them 1H and the game.

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

gatorwager

Quote Originally Posted by cumatmebrah View Post
    can someone explain to me what you mean by the sharps pounding a line to get it to drop to something they like and then taking a different position?

i dont get it is their a massive group of high rollers that collaberate with one another to achieve certain vegas spreads?
    Betting syndicates have several individuals who makes large wagers according to their instructions. I've heard that some syndicates can lay so much money that they can single-handedly move lines, especially in games that receive (relatively) little public play.

gatorwager

Guess I was "nuts", lol. But that line and its movement were so strange, something was going on... of course, sharps aren't right every time, and no other explanation really seems plausible. Hmm... any other ideas?

Dmil
    Dmil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow 89-83 GM

gatorwager

Fishy line, fishy ending to that game. 6 point win by GMU

12 Last