ballsyman
    ballsyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ballsyman's Top CBB Play for Thurs

2-1 last Night in CBB but lost 1.5 units on my Top play...Overall 26-15 up 7.1 units since joining SBR.

TOP PLAYS

Wisky+3 for 5 units WINNER

4 UNIT PLAY
    POWER ANGLE PLAY
    George Mason/ Drexel Over 118: Loser Neither of these teams like to run all that much, but I believe there are still points to be had in this one. George Mason comes in 194th in shots taken (54.3) and that have put up a solid 70.4 ppg on 47% shooting, and that drop off isn't all that much when they take to the road, where they have averaged 68.5 ppg on 46.1% shooting. The Patriots have stepped it up even more of last as they have averaged 71.8 ppg on 47.5% shooting in their last 5 games. Drexel has played good defense this year as they have allowed 55.6 ppg on 39.6% shooting overall, but they have struggled at times, allowing 69 pts to Fairfield, 60 to a weak Princeton offense, 71 to Delaware and 68 to Bradley. George mason ranks 123rd in scoring and of the 4 teams listed above the best offense they faced was Delaware's (173rd), while the other 3 are all ranked above 200 in defensive scoring. Very inconsistent defense and i see the patriots being able to crack it tonight. Drexel is one of the slower paced teams in the nation (305th in spg), but at home they have scored pretty well (68.6 ppg), including averaing 67.4 ppg in their last 5 at home. Tonight they have a good chance to match their last 5 at home as George mason has allowed 65.3 ppg on the road this year. Despite how well Drexel has played defense this year I don't see George Mason being held under 60 points in this one, while the Dragons should be good for 60= points of their pown vs a very average defensive team. Pace will obviously be key in this game and while Drexel will look to slow it down, I see the Patriots speeding it up enough for this game to go OVER the total. POWER ANGLE FOR THIS PLAY--- Play Over in all games where the total is 119.5 or less and a team (Drexel) is off 2 or more consecutive home wins and they are a good team, winning 60-80% or more of their games on the season. This play is 38-15 the last 5 seasons.
    3 UNIT PLAY
    Tennessee-Martin +11 over EASTERN ILLINOIS: Loser UT- Martin comes in with a horrible 3-15 mark, bet they have played better in their last 2 games, losing by a combined 6 points in the two games and they have shot better in the two games, having hit 455 of their shots, compared to shooting under 40% for the year before those 2 games. Eastern Illinois comes in at 8-6 on the year and 5-1 at home but they have been inconsistent as their 3 division 1 home wins have been by 5 or less, while their lone home loss was by 33 points to Murray State, which is a team ETU lost by just 24 points on the road to. Now as i said the panthers have been inconsistent this year and one needs to look no further than their no- lined games to see a good picture of how inconsistent this team is. The Panthers have played 7 no-lined games and while they did beat Eureka by 31 in their first no-lined game, they have gone to OT in two others (1-1), won by just 3 at home in another and had 2 outright losses. This is a team that seems to have played down to their competition when it has been weak. E. Illinois has the offensive edge, but both teams have played very bad defense and I believe the EIU defense will allow this team to hang around. I look for a close one from start to finish.
    Minnesota +11 Over INDIANA: Won Great scheduling spot for the Gophers. Indiana has played Mich State, OSU (Big Upset), Michigan and PSU in their last 4 games, with the last 3 all going down to wire. Now they must take on a Minnesota team that has lost 4 in a row, with a big game vs OSU on deck. This is still a young Indiana team nd i reallly see it hard for them to get up for this one. Despite losing their last 4 games, Minnesota has not played all that badly as they have been outscored by just 7.3 ppg, with 1 of the games going to OT and 2 others going down to the wire. Idiana has really played well overall this year and they will make some noise in March, but I just feel that covering a big number in a letdown spot vs a quality opponent is too much for this young team to handle here. Indiana by no more than 7 here.

OTHER PLAYS
    2 UNIT PLAY
    James Madison +14 over VCU:Loser JAMES MADISON is 13-4 ATS in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons, while VCU is 1-8 ATS as a home favorite of 12.5 to 18 points over the last 3 seasons.

1 UNIT PLAY
    Western Kentucky +7 over NORTH TEXAS: Loser Road underdogs of 3.5 to 9.5 points, with a losing record and off a close loss by 3 points or less to a conference rival are 71-35 ATS the last 5 seasons.

2-4 tonight -2.4 units lost

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE
    Last edited by ballsyman; 01-12-12 at 10:53 PM. Reason: added plays

ballsyman
    ballsyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Card is Final as I added some plays.