dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Niagara @ Iona --> How do I go about capping this one? (Parlay)

Okay, this is not a "banker" but pay attention to the line:

Niagara +21 points / Iona - 21 points
    Over / Under - 160.5 points

Why is the line so 'high'?

Because Niagara doesn't know what defense means, they literally play no defense.
    Iona is quite similar, they have a poor defense, this game is definitely not about turnovers, but more like around players who are free to shoot from 3, from the field etc.

I also remind myself how this week Duke @ Temple had 150.5 line which was successfully taken with the over on the last second of the game (a player scored 3 and turned the total score from 148 to 151). I happend to watch that game which involved 2 good teams, defensive as well, and they played extremely good defense with tons of turnovers - and - neverthless - this match ended in 151 points.

So the line is not high enough, it's only 10 more points, only this game is much more free to score, for both teams, more likely for Iona who I expect should steal the ball and make it a nice scoring on the other hand.

Marvin Jordan for Niagara - questionable

A key player for Niagara is likely to be missing due to a knee injury.

My expectation out of this game

Iona (ranked #44 last week) should steal the ball lots of times from Niagara (ranked #263), and the players won't waste time when they come to score, due to poor defense from Niagara's side and effortless defense from Iona at certain point of the game ... the game should run much faster than Duke @ Temple with 151 points, and in these circumstances I pick a parlay for tonight:

Niagara - 21 points & Over 160.5 points (with a scale of 3 between 1 and 5, I won't play a £1000 on it, max £100)

BOL!

dontknowhowtobet

Another recommendation is play a teaser on these two, just to be safe and make nice $$$ on this one.

iceaxe56
    iceaxe56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

yeah i can see a big win for iona--but 160 is a lot of pints--84-60 i'm guessing

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe56 View Post
    yeah i can see a big win for iona--but 160 is a lot of pints--84-60 i'm guessing
    I see Iona ending this with 90-100 points, Niagara should be around 60-70 points.

gba
    gba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1043

IONA doesnt play defense either

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    IONA doesnt play defense either
    Exactly what I said, yep
    I think over 160 is a great bet for tonight, I feel less confident about the spread but much more confident about the OVER tonight.

gba
    gba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1043

Also note that IONA has been known to do dumb shit at the end of games that leads up to not covering the spread.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Its gonna be either Iona covers 1h or game, most likely not both.

tzMoney
    tzMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iona beat Niagara to a pulp at Niagara 62-98 earlier in December. I anticipate the same here, I have a 14 units on Iona to win at by 18.5 so I think they're the play.