hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st half play

Louisville/Georgetown over 62 1st half
    Jazz -2.5 1st quarter
    Nuggets team total under 25 1st quarter
    Warriors team total under 29.5 1st quarter
    Pacers team total under 27.5 1st quarter
    Last edited by hoop guru; 02-23-09 at 05:28 PM.

TORONTOBBALL
    TORONTOBBALL's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sure about that this game will be the battle of the defense

hoop guru

THis is an espn games. Most espn games are about players showing offensive skills.

alton618
    alton618's Avatar Become A Pro!

with you all the way hoop... keep up the good work and BOL

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

like the Louisville/Gtown 1H over. locking that one right now.

out of curiosity, what is it that you like about tenn-martin +1 1H? i think that tenn-martin is the better team. i have murray st, 68-65, for game, and the only reason is HCA, as my numbers say tenn-martin is 2-2.5 pts better on a neutral court. however, tenn-martin's history against murray st is pretty wretched, both game and 1H, which scares me off that a bit.

BiffTFinancial

hoop, light slate tonight without a ton of options. however, i like both CC/UTC and Kansas/Okla both to go under for the game (CC/UTC by about 13-14 pts, Kansas/Okla by 10 pts). KU/Okla skews under b/c of absence of Griffin, which should affect style of play for OU. any thoughts on either of these for 1H unders? CC/UTC is big number (74.5) while KU/Okla is healthy (68) and they have a history of low-scoring 1Hs.

hoop guru

2 nba team totals
    1. Jazz team total under 27 1st quarter-the jazz scored 28 points in the first quarter against the hornets on
    saturday night. The hornets had just played against the lakers friday night game that went into OT. The
    hornets were probably a bit fatigued. On Feb 11, the jazz scored 31 first quarter points against the
    lakers. THe lakers also had played the night before against thunder. Both the lakers and hornets would
    play better defense if they had more time off between their respective games against the jazz. The
    hawks do play good defense in the first quarter of games.

2. Warriors team total under 29.5 1st quarter. The warriors will be shorthanded without MOnta Ellis in this
    game. The warriors are a much different team on the road as their scoring really drops. The last time
    the warriors scored over 30 points in the first quarter of an away game was a Dec 5th game at houston
    when the warriors scored 32 points in the first quarter. The warriors were actually more healthy at that
    point of the season. The warriors did not have monta ellis but had Randolh and Bedriens (both of them
    are still not available). The clippers have given 30 plus points in the first quarter of 4 straight games.
    The warriors have scored 30 plus points in the first quarte of 4 straight games (all were home games).
    I see the clippers ending their streak tonite and stopping the warriors streak.

hoop guru

I like the College of Chaleston/Tenn Chatonooga to stay under 74.5 more than I like the kansas 1st half under. You should also consider the 1st quarter unders that I am going with.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by hoop guru View Post
    I like the College of Chaleston/Tenn Chatonooga to stay under 74.5 more than I like the kansas 1st half under. You should also consider the 1st quarter unders that I am going with.
    thanks, hoop. apparently, legendz won't be having a 1H o/u on CC/UTC, so think i am going to tail you on the NBA 1Q team under. i don't normally wager on NBA unless i see an angle from someone else that i like, but both of these qualify. nice write-ups.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

I like that Jazz play as well......I see the game going under 205 too.

Nice work Hoop!

hoop guru

biff,
    The arizona game was really strange last night. I think the ASU coach was very much interested in covering the 1st half spread more than probably winning the game. One of ASU starters picks, Kuksicks picks up his 2nd foul, 3rd foul and a 4th foul right before halftime. He pick up all those fouls within a 3 minute span. The ASU coach keeps him in after his 2nd foul. Than he picks up his 3rd foul and he is still in the game. After he picks up his 3rd foul, he goes down a hits a 3 pointer. Than he picks up his 4th foul and finally yanks him from the game (with less than a minute left in the first half). Most coaches would pull out the starter probably after a player picks up his 2nd or 3rd foul. It did not happen until the ASU picked up his 4th foul in the first half. I think there was a lot of money riding in on Arizona at halftime. I had arizona last night at the half and I was mad as hell at the ASU coach. Something is fishy about the fouls and the ASU coach.

hoop guru

I am a little cautious about the jazz staying under 27. I am not going with that play tonite. I Like the jazz-2.5 1st quarter. The owner of Jazz passed away last week and the jazz are going to come out and play. THey may score more than 27 in the first quarter. I like jazz -2.5 1st quarter more than I like the jazz team total.
    Last edited by hoop guru; 02-23-09 at 04:28 PM.

hoop guru

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    I like that Jazz play as well......I see the game going under 205 too.

Nice work Hoop!
    I think you got the better play in the under 207 for the game. I actually changed my mind due to Boozer coming back and with the death of the jazz owner. Jazz will come out to play tonite and win it for their deceased owner.

hoop guru

Both boston and denver played high scoring away games yesterday. Boston usually plays better defense than it did yesterday at phoenix, especially in the 1st quarter. Denver had a high scoring game against the bucks in Milwaukee yesterday. I do not think neither team will try to get into a shootout like they did yesterday. I am going with the nuggets team total under 25 1st quarter.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by hoop guru View Post
    biff,
    The arizona game was really strange last night. I think the ASU coach was very much interested in covering the 1st half spread more than probably winning the game. One of ASU starters picks, Kuksicks picks up his 2nd foul, 3rd foul and a 4th foul right before halftime. He pick up all those fouls within a 3 minute span. The ASU coach keeps him in after his 2nd foul. Than he picks up his 3rd foul and he is still in the game. After he picks up his 3rd foul, he goes down a hits a 3 pointer. Than he picks up his 4th foul and finally yanks him from the game (with less than a minute left in the first half). Most coaches would pull out the starter probably after a player picks up his 2nd or 3rd foul. It did not happen until the ASU picked up his 4th foul in the first half. I think there was a lot of money riding in on Arizona at halftime. I had arizona last night at the half and I was mad as hell at the ASU coach. Something is fishy about the fouls and the ASU coach.
    i saw your comment re: last night. i have to say, i'm perplexed by sendek's conduct last night. he's a good coach, and that was a terrible coaching move - the kind of thing that leads to a monday night breakdown segment on espn castigating the coach if he ends up losing the game.

thing is, i can imagine sendek perhaps knowing the game line, but the half? and to know that there was a lotta money backing AZ 1H? that seems far-fetched to me. one of the biggest traps in critical reasoning (including the most interesting form, gambling) is the tendency to confusion coincidence with causation. let's say that you're correct: sendek left kuksiks in 1H to ensure covering 1H -4. first, kuksiks is good, but not as vital to ASU as harden or pendergraph. second, he played much of the remainder of the game without picking up his 5th (easier for a perimeter player), letting sendek off the hook. bottomline: if sendek makes this fishy move with his 3rd best player, and it doesn't work out and they lose, and it can in any way be linked in the media to desire to cover the 1H line, sendek's career is over. story like that would dwarf kelvin sampson. i feel your disappointment (i lost on it too, only loss of day and it was my biggest play). However, i am more likely to view this as human error (fouls came close together, and an assistant in charge of tracking it probably lost track) that happened to coincide with our losing than malicious intent designed to cause us to lose. that said, there are tons of similar conspiracy theories on these threads, and i routinely discount them, so maybe i'm the naive one. in any event, none of those involved breaking a cardinal rule of coaching and leaving a starter in with 4 fouls in the 1H. no question this was weird; question is if it was intentional or coincidence.

BiffTFinancial

tailing t-bone's jazz game under. tx hoop and t-bone for your thoughts on that one. 2 college hoops plays and 3 nba, can't remember last time i played more nba than college in a given day. guess it is a very light college slate....

BOL tonight.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

good luck biff

seanjohn007
    seanjohn007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

love utah for the first half, goodluck 2 us

hoop guru

Wow, the halftime over/under in tenn-chatanooga game is now 75.5. I took the under at 74.5. Why would anyone take the halftime at over 74.5. I think its the books that are trying to sway the public from taking the under in this game.

hoop guru

Good luck everyone!

hoop guru

11-9 TENN chat with 1442 left. Need to slow down a bit

hoop guru

13-11 chalreston with 1322 left

hoop guru

19-17 chatanooga with 954 left

hoop guru

22-18 UTC with 846 left. FInally slowing down with the scoring

hoop guru

33-25 utc with 402 left. under looking ok. Georgetown easy over at the half. what can i say.

hoop guru

Pacers have scored just 6 points with 748 left. Pacers team total under 27 is on pace to hit

hoop guru

Pacers have scored 18 points so far and now only 2 more minutes left in the 1st quarter. No way they will go over the total of 27.5 in first quarter.

hoop guru

2-0 so far today. I had a small wager on a play not posted (UTC to go under 74.5). I decided to go with Biff and give a try.

hoop guru

Next play: nuggets team total under 25. Celtics have given up more than 24 points in only one game in february which was their last game (against the one dimensional suns). Neither team is going to look to run tonite because both played yesterday. BOth teams will focus on playing defense.

Laker_crazy
    Laker_crazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

On the game totals in the louiville vs georgetown over 139.5..

Laker_crazy

62-48 with 5.57 left..georgetown need to get close for this..gooo

Laker_crazy

62-48 with 5.13 left..looking bleak at the moment

Laker_crazy

64-52 with 4.35 left

Laker_crazy

64-54 with 4.06 left...go georgetown..get close..

Laker_crazy

66-56 louiville with 3.01 left....

123 Last