dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Pepperdine @ Gonzaga -22.5 points [01.05.2012]

In gambling it doesn't have to be logical and this is quite a large spread which many probably avoid, in fact it's actually the biggest spread of tonight, no other team is being given a larget number than that for tonight's games, but here are some facts:

1) Jan Maehlen is injured and won't be playing for Pepperdine. Lrone Jackson is also out for Pepperdine along with other 2 players who are less valuable - Dane Suttle Jr and Moriba De Freitas.

2) Gonzaga has no injuries reported as far as I've checked.

3) Pepperdine lost their last game to Saint Mary's by 29 points. Saint Mary's is more or less as good as Gonzaga, as it is ranked #23 and Gonzaga is ranked #24.

4) Pepperdine did win the game before that (12/29) against San Francisco (#156). By looking at the stats I've noticed Corbin Moore scored 19 pts and Taylor Darby added 10 pts that night for Pepperdine. Moore played 35 minutes and Darby played 32 minutes. Obviously SF's defense isn't the same as Gonzaga so the fact they scored many points whilst they had to play for almost the entire game somehow makes it harder for them to score the same against Gonzaga.

5) The line also stands on 128 which is quite a low scoring, so the expectations is that Pepperdine won't score much assuming that Gonzaga is leading the game, so the SF scenario is less likely and the SM scenario where they lost by 29 points is more likely in my opinion.

6) Gonzaga plays at home, so it's another bonus for them.

I think picking Gonzaga minus 22.5 points spread is OK/GOOD bet for tonight based on all the above ... but again, it's not always logical in gambling and we never know how things could develop ... if you have any comments I'd be glad to hear.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Nice write-up. I pretty much concur, this was one of the plays that jumped out at me taking a look at tomorrow's lines.

Gonzaga also has a significant size advantage in this one and should be able to control the boards.

I think Gonzaga wins by 30. This is one of those teams that always seems to burn me though, whether I bet on them or against them.

Good luck

Cappedout
    Cappedout's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonzaga at home is dangerous. I might also considering playing the Gonzaga in the first half along with the spread as a parlay. The O/U is a trap bet for this match up I believe. I also like Long beach state -10.5 against cal poly slo @Long beach state.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by lite1up View Post
    Nice write-up. I pretty much concur, this was one of the plays that jumped out at me taking a look at tomorrow's lines.

Gonzaga also has a significant size advantage in this one and should be able to control the boards.

I think Gonzaga wins by 30. This is one of those teams that always seems to burn me though, whether I bet on them or against them.

Good luck
    I know ... no one likes to bet on a team to win by 23 points or more when the game starts at 0-0, it's hard and I hate it, but it feels right and also based on the facts it also looks right - but can I bet on it? not sure yet lol....

dontknowhowtobet

Woooohooooo
    Another £900 winnings !!!

Had to place this bet @ Ladbrokes because William Hill has already limited me FROM THEIR SHOPS, they said I got too many good bets, they were not willing to take more than £300 bet from me
    I hope Ladbrokes won't limit me now, the NCAA Basketball is free money without the need to work hard, just read the stats and that's it

dontknowhowtobet

No comments, anything?
    I feel like I'm talking to the wall...