ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loving Temple +6.5 Wednesday

Hey guys, I called 3 dogs to win SU last week, and I'm back to make this pick.

This Duke team is running on its name alone and not superior talent. They have the Plumlee brothers up big and some nifty guards, but for whatever reason they have not played the way they should. Their FT shooting is atrocious and without looking up the stats it is undeniably on the bottom 50% of all programs.

Temple isn't an amazing team but I like them in this out of conference game. Unless Temple doesnt show up Temple covers purely because Duke can not shoot FT to ice out a team. I think this opened at 8.5 earlier where I shouldve taken it, but grab it early before people catch on to this phony Duke team.

Take Temple +6.5, tremendous value with that many points, and as always sprinkle some on the ML.

Ab34
    Ab34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2836

Your crazy just saying

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I don't know...I really want to like Temple getting 6.5 at home here, and I hate betting on Duke ATS as a favorite, they always seem to come in just under the spread.

I just don't think Temple has the size nor the depth to stay with Duke for 40 minutes.

Good luck with Temple, I'm probably going to stay away from this game myself. Might look at playing the over 150

Ab34

I am a Huge Duke fan here and I am not on them in this one but to say you love temple here is strong 6.5 is an ok number for them at home but think it should be more 8.5 or more. Good Luck

sbcash
    sbcash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

too many points for temple at home. i'm on em at +7.0 and hoping public pushes it higher by gametime so i can take some more

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

not technically at home, i believe its off campus

ThingsFallApart

Yeah I see its technically neutral even though still in Philly.

I actually love Kansas State +8.5 more, I will play Temple at 7.5 or higher but think Kansas State is getting waaaay too many points here to pass up.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

At first glance....Duke should roll here. Temple has been wanting to play more up tempo this year and that accommodates the Blue Devils nicely. Sharp line here. It's a no play for me.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

over

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Not sure where you are getting that this isn't a good Duke team. Took Temple OT to beat Penn at the beginning of the year..Duke just beat them by 30. Granted it was Temple's first game but still..gesh..second game of the year Temple beat WMU by 14..Duke beat them by 40. I see nothing in Temple to prove they can hang with the Duke. Don't think it will be a blow out..Temple is not a bad team. But to call this a value? Uhh no..

ThingsFallApart

Quote Originally Posted by dotheopposite View Post
    Not sure where you are getting that this isn't a good Duke team. Took Temple OT to beat Penn at the beginning of the year..Duke just beat them by 30. Granted it was Temple's first game but still..gesh..second game of the year Temple beat WMU by 14..Duke beat them by 40. I see nothing in Temple to prove they can hang with the Duke. Don't think it will be a blow out..Temple is not a bad team. But to call this a value? Uhh no..
    Temple plays harder and more physical. I've watched multiple games from both of these teams and Duke's slow starts and horrible FT shooting makes me like Temple now getting 7.5, hopefully 8 or 8.5 by game time.

Theres no need to compare final scores that has proven many many times to mean nothing. If Temple can guard the perimeter and not get into foul trouble with their bigs, I think they are a stronger and more physical team. This isnt your older brothers Duke team, what I've seen is lackluster play. Coach K maybe lit a fire under their ass, but I havent seen it yet. I also like the over here as a final tuneup for these teams before conference play.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope things don't fall apart for ya......................

chingo
    On Da Grind
    chingo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Temple went to OT with PENN and only won by 6, this was november tho. Duke recently smoked PENN by a mile....30 pts.
    Duke beats the spread easily..... Duke by 12 is my prediction.

dotheopposite

GL is all I can say..I am on the other side...Blue Devils all the way..

ThingsFallApart

Quote Originally Posted by dotheopposite View Post
    GL is all I can say..I am on the other side...Blue Devils all the way..
    Thats fine dude, I play a card about 5 days a week, one play on one day isnt going to kill or make me. This is what I like and I'm putting it out there for others to see when capping this.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

im getting seriously tempted at +7.5, 8 or more and im probably a buyer on temple.. lack of a true pg and overall softness will be things that hurt Duke on the road this season.. id be lying if i didnt say i hate betting against these assholes and their traveling band of charge calling refs but seems like a decent spot for a little dose of reality after getting fat on a bunch of cream puffs lately...

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Duke has a nasty habit of screwing me over depending on which side I am on. If I take Duke ATS, they will dominate and then slowly let the other team backdoor cover in the meaningless final minutes. If I bet on the other side, I end up with one of those nights where multiple Dukies literally have the game of their lives, draining three's, dominating the boards, etc. Duck Fuke.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Temple's win in OT against Wichita was pretty impressive. But really, that's about all. Look at their last four. A loss to Texas and close wins against Rice, Buffalo, and Delaware. Duke is in a different class from all that. Duke knows they need to show something away from home. And I think they are going to do it on this little road trip against against Temple and GT. I see them winning both large. It's fun to hate on Duke, but it's no fun losing money betting against them. Duke or no bet for me (probably the latter).

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Temple's win in OT against Wichita was pretty impressive. But really, that's about all. Look at their last four. A loss to Texas and close wins against Rice, Buffalo, and Delaware. Duke is in a different class from all that. Duke knows they need to show something away from home. And I think they are going to do it on this little road trip against against Temple and GT. I see them winning both large. It's fun to hate on Duke, but it's no fun losing money betting against them. Duke or no bet for me (probably the latter).

Puke is 6-7 ats, not exactly burying the haters.,.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Puke is 6-7 ats, not exactly burying the haters.,.
    True enough. I'm not crazy about Duke myself. I just try not to let that color my bets. BTW, Temple is 5-7 ATS, 1-3 in last four.

NoHero
    NoHero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    I hope things don't fall apart for ya......................
    I c wat u did thurr

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    True enough. I'm not crazy about Duke myself. I just try not to let that color my bets. BTW, Temple is 5-7 ATS, 1-3 in last four.

yea i wasnt trying to use duke ats numbers to argue one side or the other, just saying not like duke killing guys for betting against them out of blind hate...if anything i bet against duke less than i should out of fear more than actually fade them out of dislike.. straight pass for me at 6.5 and still might as i wish it was a true home gm but if it gets up to 8 i feel like there some value with temple..

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

here is my duke take. yes they suck as favorites, but those games typically are double digits. when i see them in a doable close out game with free throws to cover i like them. i will not bet this game but i lean slightly to duke under 9 points or so. good luck!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I don't have the balls to play either team in this spot

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

duke ml parlayed with georgetown ml pays even money

ThingsFallApart

ThingsFallApart

The over was a miracle but I'll take it.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

very nice call

Ab34

coming back to eat my crow! nice win!

ThingsFallApart

Quote Originally Posted by Ab34 View Post
    coming back to eat my crow! nice win!
    Cheers pal at least you were man enough to say it which is more than 90% of the other posters here.

Like I've said before, Im not posting these to get attention, just what I honestly see and feel from watching certain teams actually play and not just play the numbers.
    The same reason I called 3 dogs to win outright last week and Temple here.

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Good call ThingsFallApart. Wish I had the balls to take Temple here. Hope you put something on the money line.

dotheopposite

Gotta eat crow on this one. But..what games really went as planned yesterday...gotta love college bball

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Good call guy....don' t let the so called "sharps" get to you.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    The over was a miracle but I'll take it.
    me too!

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

Strong call Things!!

12 Last