dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

North Carolina (-41.5 pts) vs Monmouth Hawks

North Carolina is just the perfect team to bet on, regardless of the spreads, they covered easy 30 pts last week against Elon College, and are now facing a team which is 0-18 all-time against ranked teams in a very one-sided game.

It's a simple game of a block/steal/turnover against lots of points from the other end.
    42 points is not much when it comes to these type of games ... you guys sometimes play 20-30 points in much more difficult ones, so in this one-sided game taking the 42 points spread isn't a difficult play.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't lay all eggs on the spread, especially when "nothing" is at stakes for either team here, so a £50 bet is good for me on NC minus the spread here.

More info:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-info-and-more

BOL
    Last edited by dontknowhowtobet; 01-01-12 at 05:18 AM.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Here were some of my thoughts about this game; was gonna make my own thread but I'll tag along in this one.

Last night was New Year's Eve. Do you really think the UNC b-ball players were in bed early and not out partying so they could be fresh to take on Monmouth? I don't think so. So there's that.

Another interesting tidbit: Monmouth's head coach and 2 of his assistants were UNC basketball players from the 90's, King Rice (head coach), Derrick Phelps and Brian Reese (2 members of the 1993 UNC Championship Team and the assistant coaches). Better believe they're gonna have their kids fired up for this one.

I realize how terrible Monmouth is, but this really looks like a letdown spot for the Tarheels. I mean they'll still win handily, but I'm saying not by +40 pts.

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Last night was New Year's Eve. Do you really think the UNC b-ball players were in bed early and not out partying so they could be fresh to take on Monmouth? I don't think so. So there's that.
    You can say the same thing about Monmouth, these are not factors in my opinion.
    The players are the same players, the talents are the same talents, it all comes into the court into a 40 minute game.

It's going to be a one-sided game, keep that in mind, so I am still not convinced out of what you've just said what prevents NC from leading the game by 60-70 points in the end of it if it's one sided-game. Think about it.