BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

This really pisses me off in the college game.

I have Old Dominion +8. It's a tied game and Mizzou hits a three pointer to go up 3 points with like 57 seconds left. ODU panics, rushes down court and jacks up a three pointer.

They miss and then they immediately foul with like 50 seconds left. WTF.

So instead of being down one possession they are down 5. After the made free throw, ODU rushes back down court and jacks another three pointer. They miss of course and then foul again. Now they're down 7 points with like 30 seconds to go.

Why don't these coaches tell them to try and work the ball in for a good shot? Likewise, why do these teams immediately start fouling? There is 50 seconds left and it's only a one possession game. There is no need to immediately start fouling and jacking threes. You're pretty much giving the other team free points. D UP!!!!!

They ended up covering by 1 point but I was about to blow a gasket. I just new they were going to foul when they were down 7 with two seconds to go.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I have Old Dominion +8. It's a tied game and Mizzou hits a three pointer to go up 3 points with like 57 seconds left. ODU panics, rushes down court and jacks up a three pointer.

They miss and then they immediately foul with like 50 seconds left. WTF.

So instead of being down one possession they are down 5. After the made free throw, ODU rushes back down court and jacks another three pointer. They miss of course and then foul again. Now they're down 7 points with like 30 seconds to go.

Why don't these coaches tell them to try and work the ball in for a good shot? Likewise, why do these teams immediately start fouling? There is 50 seconds left and it's only a one possession game. There is no need to immediately start fouling and jacking threes. You're pretty much giving the other team free points. D UP!!!!!

They ended up covering by 1 point but I was about to blow a gasket. I just new they were going to foul when they were down 7 with two seconds to go.
    Like you said these are college games and these players are not professional NBA players. So, you should expect those things when you watch/bet college games. Also, several things you should consider:

- The play clock is 35 seconds, so they have to play the fouling game early.
    - They choose the fouling game because there is not a lot of near perfect or good free throw shooters in a team
    - Again, these college players are young and inexperienced.

Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

It is definitely frustrating, but without a doubt the norm. I always try to make plays based on spreads that I think are off by a few points to add some padding for this type of stuff. I also try to look at how well teams shoot free throws, where the game is being played, and each team's experience. All three of those factors are huge at the end of games where the score ends up being close.

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

It's to give you the rush and the thrill so that you will come back for more. What does that mean??? For entertainment purpose only. If you're doing it to make money then good luck my friend.