blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

yeah, no co!
    think I like 'em.
    good luck tomorrow!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

not much really stood out to me on this card the 1st time thru it...maybe a play on Pen st+13, they should be able to turn this into enough of a grind it out affair to stay within dd..

ucla+7 possibly? still not sure how i feel about either team but not ready to think Stanford deserves laying this kind of number, guess my biggest concern is stan been bruins whipping boy long enough they may have a little extra motivation to kick them while they a little down..

not sure they can make the beaver/udub total high enough, 158 high but probably not enough with these 2..

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Only play that stuck out to me was Evansville.

UCLA maybe too.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not much really stood out to me on this card the 1st time thru it...maybe a play on Pen st+13, they should be able to turn this into enough of a grind it out affair to stay within dd..

ucla+7 possibly? still not sure how i feel about either team but not ready to think Stanford deserves laying this kind of number, guess my biggest concern is stan been bruins whipping boy long enough they may have a little extra motivation to kick them while they a little down..

not sure they can make the beaver/udub total high enough, 158 high but probably not enough with these 2..
    I gave PSU and UCLA looks, but just can't trust them. I think they're the right sides though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Illinois State +2 vs. UNI
    UW-Milwaukee +1.5 at Valpo
    Louisiana-Monroe -1 vs. Western Kentucky
    Arkansas State +3 vs. Kent State
    Evansville -5.5 vs. Southern Illinois
    Oklahoma +4.5 vs. Cincinnati (N)
    Adding:

Troy +13.5
    UNI/Illinois State under 121.5
    Last edited by No coincidences; 12-29-11 at 09:13 AM.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

what do you like about ill st, besides its a home game? curious, i am on the other side of that.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

chil im guessing he likes the "home dog"
    also Uni big public play 73%
    Last edited by pacocn; 12-29-11 at 09:59 AM.

chiliv5

the stats are comparable, not saying it is a bad play, but i feel uni is road tested and can cover a bucket spread.

chiliv5

what i see is an Ill St team who played Ill close, and besides that nothing about their season does anything for me. They lost to Wilmington and Fresno, with I guess a decent win vs Rutgers. The rest of the games they have played are trash.

UNI won at Old Dominion, won at Iowa St, who isn't great, and beat Col St, and beat Iowa by 20. Also played St. Mary's who beat them up. Just feel they are in way better form to win this game on the road.

They will probably lose by double digits.
    Last edited by chiliv5; 12-29-11 at 01:00 PM.

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

Any thoughts on the BYU-St. Mary's game? I know SM is a tough place to play at, but I'm thinking BYU with the points, and maybe a little ML.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    what i see is an Ill St team who played Ill close, and besides that nothing about their season does anything for me. They lost to Wilmington and Fresno, with I guess a decent win vs Rutgers. The rest of the games they have played are trash.

UNI won at Old Dominion, won at Iowa St, who isn't great, and beat Col St, and beat Iowa by 20. Also played St. Mary's who beat them up. Just feel they are in way better form to win this game on the road.

I don't like UNI offensively this season. James is kind of in and out, Koch can play but he's not a true scorer, same goes for Moran. They don't have the "go to guy" who can bail them out if necessary. Don't think they're that tough underneath either. They miss O'Rear. When they play dumb teams like Iowa State, they fall into the traps. Valley teams won't. ISU is a little under the radar in the league; I think they might be right about at UNI's level. Maybe a little below, but catching 2 at home, I'd like to think is a decent play.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Love that Oklahoma play!

Its at +6 for me already though.

Isn't Cincy still missing a guy or two from the XU fight?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Razorbacks1 View Post
    Any thoughts on the BYU-St. Mary's game? I know SM is a tough place to play at, but I'm thinking BYU with the points, and maybe a little ML.
    BYU or nothing. Not sold on St. Mary's without Samhan.

Problem is, St. Mary's can still bury you with 3's -- especially at their place.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post

UNI & Valley fan here. Crazy start to the Valley year, I'm not touching anything right now. This game will be interesting. After the whooping by Ohio, Coach Jake should have the guys ready to go, just like he did after the St Marys game. The good thing is, 2 of UNIs starters are no longer sick (starters Moran and Koch, who are roommates, are thought to have had food poisoning for the Ohio game. Koch actually almost yacked on the floor). Illi St doesn't impress me either. They'll have a small size advantage, but I don't think that's a difference maker. I think UNI will be pumped and ready to go, especially with Creighton leaving a door open with an early season home conference loss, but it's still tough to win a conference game on the road.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    UNI & Valley fan here. Crazy start to the Valley year, I'm not touching anything right now. This game will be interesting. After the whooping by Ohio, Coach Jake should have the guys ready to go, just like he did after the St Marys game. The good thing is, 2 of UNIs starters are no longer sick (starters Moran and Koch, who are roommates, are thought to have had food poisoning for the Ohio game. Koch actually almost yacked on the floor). Illi St doesn't impress me either. They'll have a small size advantage, but I don't think that's a difference maker. I think UNI will be pumped and ready to go, especially with Creighton leaving a door open with an early season home conference loss, but it's still tough to win a conference game on the road.
    Should be a good one.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

I like Evansville a lot...thinking about making a decent sized play on them. SIU on the road 4 days after playing basically B2B2B games in Hawaii. Meanwhile Evansville at home off of 9 days rest. BOL man

2daBank

over probably worth a look..

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

Opened at 144 now 149. Line swings like that scare the crap outta me. I'll just go BYU +4 and ML. Thanks and best of luck everyone.

2daBank

Opened at 144 now 149. Line swings like that scare the crap outta me. I'll just go BYU +4 and ML. Thanks and best of luck everyone.

yea sorry brother, i was out all day and just got in when i saw your post, didnt realize that the total jumped so much...doesnt really scare me but has certainly zapped most the value..gl with your play

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

4-2

Maddhatter
    Maddhatter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 741

Good calls today NC. You warned me about some games and I ended up having a rough day. 1-10 on my top plays but every other play went 16-5-1, go figure. If I only assigned my top plays the other way around..... I'd call it quits and cash in!!! LOL.... yeah, right. As if a degenerate like me would quit

Good job as always bud. Taking the day off and not even looking at who's playing tomorrow. Need to catch up on some sleep. Be back at it on Saturday. Good luck bro.

montoronto
    Update your status
    montoronto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5582

nice pick. keep it up!

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

N.C. nice work any thoughts on Old
    Dominion today?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Maddhatter View Post
    Good calls today NC. You warned me about some games and I ended up having a rough day. 1-10 on my top plays but every other play went 16-5-1, go figure. If I only assigned my top plays the other way around..... I'd call it quits and cash in!!! LOL.... yeah, right. As if a degenerate like me would quit

Good job as always bud. Taking the day off and not even looking at who's playing tomorrow. Need to catch up on some sleep. Be back at it on Saturday. Good luck bro.
    Thanks Hatter. Sounds like me lately.

Good idea, taking a day off. Wish I could do the same.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    N.C. nice work any thoughts on Old
    Dominion today?
    Like it. ODU stinks this year, but that's a lot of points. ODU and WVU are the only games I'm even considering, but probably won't bet either.