TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Washington at UCLA (-8.5)

Looking back I thought Washington was the easy play, but I recently looked back at the 1/24 game at Washington that UCLA lost (75-86). Looking at the box score, UCLA should have won the game easily. They shot the ball better, more offensive rebounds, less turnovers, more blocks, etc BUT they committed 28 fouls that led to 43 FREE THROWS! Washington shot 36-43 from the line! I still think that 9 points is too much to give Washington but I'm not totally sold that they are as good as I think. Anybody else have any info on this game?

gameday10
    gameday10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Wrong game analysis. Although I have already book the over at 152. It opened at 148 and no is at 154. I seen it at 150 and waited like a dumb sh*t and I put a little on 152 thinking it might go down, well I was wrong.

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure I agree on the over...the way I see it, UCLA wins the game if they can keep it down-tempo, and I believe this will be Howlands plan tonight after the recent losses. I am not impressed by UCLA at all whereas I think Washington has been playing slightly over their heads, I think this one has the potential to stay close. Washington knows they can stay with this team and the pressure and expectations is all on UCLA...I would lean Washington to cover but hell a ****ing monkey is picking better than me lately so this is probably a good fade haha.

gameday10
    gameday10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
    Not sure I agree on the over...the way I see it, UCLA wins the game if they can keep it down-tempo, and I believe this will be Howlands plan tonight after the recent losses. I am not impressed by UCLA at all whereas I think Washington has been playing slightly over their heads, I think this one has the potential to stay close. Washington knows they can stay with this team and the pressure and expectations is all on UCLA...I would lean Washington to cover but hell a ****ing monkey is picking better than me lately so this is probably a good fade haha.
    I have already posted a write-up elsewhere on the over and I like it. Opened at 148 and now 154. Everything points to the over. But, nothing is a lock.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I feel the play is UCLA here for a couple of reasons. I understand 8.5 is alot when both teams are pretty even, that being said Washington plays like crap in Pauley Pavilion they are 1-21 since 1986. Some teams just can not win in places. As well if you look at the last 4 year all 4 years UCLA has lost in Washington (with some really good teams), and then 3 out of 4 years when Washington comes to them, they have beat them by double digits.

After their horrible display in the two games in zona, they need a win in the worst way. I think they get the job done here, as well they were blowing teams out at home before their road trip. I lean UCLA here, I know 8.5 is a semi big spread, but I think they get it done by double digits tonight.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

1-21 at UCLA over the yrs, but u can pretty much throw that out the window, washingtons basketball program was nowhere near UCLAs level back then. if anything, this situation calls for a play against UCLA who is on a slide having lost 2 in a row and is not as invincible as the teams theyve had in recent yrs. meanwhile, washingtons been on a pac-10 romp n this game has big implications as they can most likely clinch the pac-10 with a win here. aboya, for the bruins has been bothered by the flu n wont be 100%, which isnt good news for ucla, as washington grabs almost 41 rbs a game n dominates the boards. the huskies come in with a bit of a swagger in their step n have already played in sum tough venues like stanford n ariz. st. n won. of late, theyve had uclas number winning 6 of last 8 matchups. despite the lopsided home record in the series that favors UCLA, ive learned that when u have the better team it doesnt matter. those records are dispersed over like 40 yrs anyway n washingtons program is far improved from its haydays. edge goes to the huskies here, jus 2 much on the line. GL