mcbaseball10
    mcbaseball10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1905

Curious, if you get time could you update those games you said have value with a WIN or LOSS?

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mcbaseball10 View Post
    Curious, if you get time could you update those games you said have value with a WIN or LOSS?
    yessa massa

mcbaseball10

lol, I guess I could copy and paste and do it myself. Just didn't want to touch your post. No disrespect intended.

curious

lol, I guess I could copy and paste and do it myself. Just didn't want to touch your post. No disrespect intended.
    I was playing. I just thought it was funny because I saw your post right after I hit Save on editing that post to put in the Win/Loss labels.

Mugu14
    Mugu14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Generally, I update the site with the previous night's games at around noon eastern, for those that are interested.

mcbaseball10

Still looking at this site everyday. Nice to get a computer model prediction of scores as another source of info.

curious

Still looking at this site everyday. Nice to get a computer model prediction of scores as another source of info.
    Too bad you'll be < 50% ATS if you bet them.

mcbaseball10

Wow, guess its not doing very well against the spread. Haven't been betting based off it. I have been looking at it when there is RLM or a huge spread on a game just to see what this model predicts. Computer predicted Yale winner yesterday.

curious

Wow, guess its not doing very well against the spread. Haven't been betting based off it. I have been looking at it when there is RLM or a huge spread on a game just to see what this model predicts. Computer predicted Yale winner yesterday.
    I tracked the predictions against the actual spread to find games where the prediction model indicated there was value. That is, the line offered was better than the predicted spread. If you had been betting those games where the prediction model said there was value the win/loss % is < 50%, so you would be losing money.

mcbaseball10

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    I tracked the predictions against the actual spread to find games where the prediction model indicated there was value. That is, the line offered was better than the predicted spread. If you had been betting those games where the prediction model said there was value the win/loss % is < 50%, so you would be losing money.
    Obviously better models out there if you pay for them.

Nobody here (IMO) runs the numbers better than you.

curious

Obviously better models out there if you pay for them.

Nobody here (IMO) runs the numbers better than you.
    NCAA is really hard to cap right now. The one trend I see is lots of big dogs winning on the money line but they are not predictable. I'm guessing maybe blindly betting big dogs on the money line hedged with the spread might be the way to go right now? Especially if it is a regional rivalry. I can't get over how many total scrub teams have pulled off huge upsets that have screwed a regional rival's chances.

mcbaseball10

Anybody still using this prediction model? I have found it very useful when I see line movement or lines that don't make sense. It is not great at picking blindly based off its scores. But for example in the Duke game there was RLM today, I checked this model to see what it predicted and itt showed a big Duke win.

Just wanted to keep this in the recent threads in case others would like another resource.

gdaujat
    gdaujat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Hi,
    I have been using it and it has been working very well since Friday.
    I just check your predictor against the line.
    Great work

Cheers
    Greg

http://gdaujat.mysbrforum.com/ssexpo...439y&type=html

mcbaseball10

Quote Originally Posted by gdaujat View Post
    Hi,
    I have been using it and it has been working very well since Friday.
    I just check your predictor against the line.
    Great work

Cheers
    Greg

http://gdaujat.mysbrforum.com/ssexpo...439y&type=html
    Not my model, it is mugu14's so I can't take credit for it. I just want to keep it in the recent threads for others to use it for what its worth. Glad you have found it useful too.
    Also, your win percentage and profit is pretty impressive. You just always keep a low profile, I haven't seen you post very much..

First 12