4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii at Home Aloha

Hawaii's last game was Sunday and they were home. Auburn last played in Florida on Monday, and then had to travel half way across the globe, and that's never an easy flight. Major time zone difference, and really think everything is in the Warriors favor tonight in a pick 'em, game. Don't youz?

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

I watched Auburn play UCF (I think it was them) and they were horrible. Hawaii is money at home. Gotta go with Hawaii here.

Letsgobows
    Letsgobows's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Wow, you guys really think so? I'm a Hawaii fan and I've watched all of their games this year. None of their 5 wins have been impressive, all ugly. I can't say that I've seen much of Auburn this year, but the only way I see Hawaii covering is if Zane Johnson gets back on track with his perimeter shot. After a strong start, he hasn't been able to hit the broad side of a barn. Hawaii can win tonight but everything has to go their way.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Letsgobows View Post
    Wow, you guys really think so? I'm a Hawaii fan and I've watched all of their games this year. None of their 5 wins have been impressive, all ugly. I can't say that I've seen much of Auburn this year, but the only way I see Hawaii covering is if Zane Johnson gets back on track with his perimeter shot. After a strong start, he hasn't been able to hit the broad side of a barn. Hawaii can win tonight but everything has to go their way.

another cat that is pretty damn sharp with Hawaii gms is saying basically the same thing you are (another site)...think i will roll with the guys that know their team

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    another cat that is pretty damn sharp with Hawaii gms is saying basically the same thing you are (another site)...think i will roll with the guys that know their team
    Have you seen Auburn play? They are horrific.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Have you seen Auburn play? They are horrific.

Hawaiiguy tells me that Hawaii is beyond pathetic at the present time..who am i to argue a Hawaii gm with someone named Hawaiiguy? who has posted way more winning plays on or against Hawaii over the years than losers that i can remember..

Letsgobows

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Hawaiiguy tells me that Hawaii is beyond pathetic at the present time..who am i to argue a Hawaii gm with someone named Hawaiiguy? who has posted way more winning plays on or against Hawaii over the years than losers that i can remember..
    Hawaiiguy is right. Taking Hawaii would be a gut call....I guess they're overdue but they haven't covered since maybe their first game. So although they're due, I'm still considering Auburn a 6-8 unit play...I'll post again since the game isn't for another few hours to see how much the line shifts by then.

Letsgobows

Here's the way I see it...Vegas knows people always chase with Hawaii cuz we're always the last action of the day, and Hawaii has known to pull off upsets in the comfort of home. Hawaii basketball is overrated this year, which means disparity in spreads, with tonight being no different.

4seasons

Hawaii last covered at home on 12/11 ... -12.5 and they won by 13 over UC Davis. No point shaving there

Letsgobows

yeah i remember that...only reason why we covered is cuz UC Davis kept fouling in the last minute and Zane Johnson had to sink 6 free throws in a row, PLUS UC Davis had to miss a last second 3. I mistakenly put money on them that night but got WAY lucky...we weren't even leading w/like, 4 mins to go!

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

not sure what to make of the line movement

Letsgobows

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    not sure what to make of the line movement
    Suddenly Hawaii's a 1.5 pt favorite....is there something I don't know?!?! Damn you Vegas!

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

live dog - hawaii is not good, everything you saw about how horrible auburn is trust me hawaii is just as bad havent played hawaii since I watched eastern wash destroy them... but good luck with the play

Letsgobows

this one might be a no play...depends on how i do the rest of the night I guess

mncosoldier
    mncosoldier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

UNDER this game will go under these teams suck under136 is a great play here i see it close to 68 64 type of game

4seasons

yeah i remember that...only reason why we covered is cuz UC Davis kept fouling in the last minute and Zane Johnson had to sink 6 free throws in a row, PLUS UC Davis had to miss a last second 3. I mistakenly put money on them that night but got WAY lucky...we weren't even leading w/like, 4 mins to go!
    This is the stuff that happens to teams from the mainland that have to fly to Pradise. It's like a spell is diabolically placed on 'em, and it's hard to adapt. Auburn has been home playing 3 teams from Florida, and now they're all the way out in Hawaii (with plenty to distract the players), to play the team that is home to the Diamondhead Classic. Auburn is a football school anyway, they don't care about hoops like those Honoluluians

Letsgobows

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    This is the stuff that happens to teams from the mainland that have to fly to Pradise. It's like a spell is diabolically placed on 'em, and it's hard to adapt. Auburn has been home playing 3 teams from Florida, and now they're all the way out in Hawaii (with plenty to distract the players), to play the team that is home to the Diamondhead Classic. Auburn is a football school anyway, they don't care about hoops like those Honoluluians
    Auburn has to have a horrible game not to cover and Hawaii has to play the best they've played all year...but ykw, I think I'm just gonna say screw it and do a reverse on this spread...gonna just take Hawaii small (2 units), grab me a beer, and enjoy the game

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    live dog - hawaii is not good, everything you saw about how horrible auburn is trust me hawaii is just as bad havent played hawaii since I watched eastern wash destroy them... but good luck with the play
    When you're playing the Colonels, Golden Lions, Ospreys & hanging with the Rattlers you're not good. The Setons are OK, and they plowed Aub. Can always use the luck though, thanks,

betme
    hello
    betme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

1H over 64' is the only solid play in this game.

4seasons

Haw 4-1 @ home and Aub 0-1 away ... and they're very far away ...

Letsgobows

Quote Originally Posted by betme View Post
    1H over 64' is the only solid play in this game.
    It's gonna be close, like down to the last couple of shots

Letsgobows

Haw 4-1 @ home and Aub 0-1 away ... and they're very far away ...
    All 4 teams they beat at home sucked. And most weren't very convincing wins either. The one loss at home was to streaky 6 - 6 E. Washington, who to their credit, played a great overall game.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Under seems like a good play....

Auburn can't score and Hawaii supposedly sucks right?

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Auburn is bad and this is a very late game for them. No clue how they react but they aren't a good team.

4seasons

It's gonna be close, like down to the last couple of shots
    If Aub has to play poorly and Haw needs their 'A' game for me to win on the last shot, then so be it, just rather have seen the line stay steady. From +2 to -2 on the first game of the day (at least here on the East Coast), has me concerned. A half a point OK but 8 half points, whether for or against me, is always alarming. It's a total gut play for a unit is all

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

I took Auburn ML and Under 138.5 for .5 Units each.... I have no business betting on this game and do not know shit on either team lol #totaldegenerateplay

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    I took Auburn ML and Under 138.5 for .5 Units each.... I have no business betting on this game and do not know shit on either team lol #totaldegenerateplay
    I like it!

Letsgobows

If Aub has to play poorly and Haw needs their 'A' game for me to win on the last shot, then so be it, just rather have seen the line stay steady. From +2 to -2 on the first game of the day (at least here on the East Coast), has me concerned. A half a point OK but 8 half points, whether for or against me, is always alarming. It's a total gut play for a unit is all
    Yeah, I'm advising to just take Hawaii small if anything. Seems like Vegas knows Hawaii's gonna cover. There was an article in the local paper the other day about "Hawaii ready to beat Auburn" or something to that effect...needless to say, after seeing the drastic line movements, I'm starting to buy in to it!

Letsgobows

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    Love it! At least one of us is going to make something off this game, rofl!

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Under seems like a good play....

Auburn can't score and Hawaii supposedly sucks right?
    Don't like Unders in games where I don't expect a lot of tight D to be played.

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

I expect a lot of blowhard offense to be played so hopefully it hits

ram749
    ram749's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Seems like a lot of the cappers are on Hawaii, I should probably hedge my bet. Put Auburn in early.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

So what's the consensus? not knowing much about cbb, i'm looking to follow a play

Letsgobows

Quote Originally Posted by ram749 View Post
    Seems like a lot of the cappers are on Hawaii, I should probably hedge my bet. Put Auburn in early.
    My guess is Vegas is confusing everyone with this line...I wouldn't hedge it. I was all about Auburn earlier until the line moved 8 times

Letsgobows

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    So what's the consensus? not knowing much about cbb, i'm looking to follow a play
    I've watched every single Hawaii game this year...taking Hawaii for 2 units...reverse homer bet there though..lol

1234 ... Last