JHoward1230
    JHoward1230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uconn vs. Pitt Info

I'm new to this site and also am a little one sided to be giving advice to this game considering I go to Uconn and have been to all of the home games live, but hear me out.

#1. Home court advantage at the XL is nothing compared to when Uconn plays at Gample. There is just no comparison to the two and we have obviously seen that with the disaster of a performance that was put on by Uconn for the Georgetown game. With that said, the XL in my opinion is basically a neutral court for Uconn.

#2. Thabeet is coming off one of his best performances of his career, granted it was against a weak Seton Hall, and I have no faith in Blair stopping him tonight. Even if Blair comes up with a couple more rebounds then Thabeet which would not be a suprise to most, Jeff Adrian will be coming up with yet another double double to add to his career tonight. Plus, the most important fact of Thabeet is his presence. Numerous times this year there have been plays where teams get the ball into the paint, look at the basket, and get terrified of the shot blocking machine. Even if the ball isn't blocked, shots are altered almost all of the time when in the paint and constantly are teams tossing the ball out of the paint just based on the fact that Thabeet is standing there.

#3. People have been saying that Pitt is a deep team, but how could you make that comment when talking about them playing Uconn. Before Dyson was injured, Uconn was the deepest team in the country and with him out now, our bench will be there to step it up. Freshman Kemba Walker is not much of a scorer like Dyson, but he is a playmaker. He will constantly drive to the basket (unlike AJ Price) and dish to a big man that is left open. AJ on the other hand, will be the leader that this team needs and will continue to hit his big outside shots. He is no where near the best 3-point shooter, but as we have seen before, he is a clutch player that adds a terrific aspect to this team. Gavin Edwards has continually come off the bench to put in quality minutes and to give both Thabeet and Adrian a rest. He has stepped up his defense tremendously and has gotten his share of bench points. Finally, between Craig Austrie and Stanley Robinson, these two will be the factor in this game. Stanley has struggled this year with his shot but against Cuse we saw rays of hope from him. Tonight will be his night to shine and he will step things up for this team in the absence of Dyson. Austrie will continue to suck playing defense and will let people go right by him, but he probably the best outside shooter for the team when left open. And Pitt just cannot man up against Uconn, so his shots will be vital to a victory.

I'm no where near as experienced in betting as most of the posters on this site, but hopefully this information will help some people in deciding their picks. Again, its a tilted pick but I'm going to have to take my Huskies tonight -3. BOL to all

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JHoward1230 View Post
    I'm new to this site and also am a little one sided to be giving advice to this game considering I go to Uconn and have been to all of the home games live, but hear me out.

#1. Home court advantage at the XL is nothing compared to when Uconn plays at Gample. There is just no comparison to the two and we have obviously seen that with the disaster of a performance that was put on by Uconn for the Georgetown game. With that said, the XL in my opinion is basically a neutral court for Uconn.

#2. Thabeet is coming off one of his best performances of his career, granted it was against a weak Seton Hall, and I have no faith in Blair stopping him tonight. Even if Blair comes up with a couple more rebounds then Thabeet which would not be a suprise to most, Jeff Adrian will be coming up with yet another double double to add to his career tonight. Plus, the most important fact of Thabeet is his presence. Numerous times this year there have been plays where teams get the ball into the paint, look at the basket, and get terrified of the shot blocking machine. Even if the ball isn't blocked, shots are altered almost all of the time when in the paint and constantly are teams tossing the ball out of the paint just based on the fact that Thabeet is standing there.

#3. People have been saying that Pitt is a deep team, but how could you make that comment when talking about them playing Uconn. Before Dyson was injured, Uconn was the deepest team in the country and with him out now, our bench will be there to step it up. Freshman Kemba Walker is not much of a scorer like Dyson, but he is a playmaker. He will constantly drive to the basket (unlike AJ Price) and dish to a big man that is left open. AJ on the other hand, will be the leader that this team needs and will continue to hit his big outside shots. He is no where near the best 3-point shooter, but as we have seen before, he is a clutch player that adds a terrific aspect to this team. Gavin Edwards has continually come off the bench to put in quality minutes and to give both Thabeet and Adrian a rest. He has stepped up his defense tremendously and has gotten his share of bench points. Finally, between Craig Austrie and Stanley Robinson, these two will be the factor in this game. Stanley has struggled this year with his shot but against Cuse we saw rays of hope from him. Tonight will be his night to shine and he will step things up for this team in the absence of Dyson. Austrie will continue to suck playing defense and will let people go right by him, but he probably the best outside shooter for the team when left open. And Pitt just cannot man up against Uconn, so his shots will be vital to a victory.

I'm no where near as experienced in betting as most of the posters on this site, but hopefully this information will help some people in deciding their picks. Again, its a tilted pick but I'm going to have to take my Huskies tonight -3. BOL to all
    Great post! Like you learning on the go but right now leaning Pitt but you and others are making think about it more? Thing is "my huskies" is this fav. team?, live in Conn?

Because any time I look into betting with my fav. team I always look at the picture alittle roseier than it might be? Subconsciencely I guess?

All in all can't argue with anything about what you said and reading my mind about could definitely occur! Thanks for the insight! Good luck!

MrMonkey

JHoward1230
    JHoward1230's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm assuming you missed the first paragraph which states I actually attend Uconn hence the my Huskies , just wanted people to know this because it does alter the position. Hopefully the reasoning backs itself up.

On another note, I have been reading other posts and keep seeing foul trouble pop up. Idk where people are getting this from and whoever has stated this should really do your homework on UConn. There has been 1 person foul out all season, coincidentally it was Thabeet in a tight game against Gonzaga which if you watched, I'm sure you would agree with me that the officiating was terrible to say the least. Other than this, everyone on the team has a foul average of <2 not including Thabeet which is at 2.4. There has been 2 other times where he has had 4 fouls, one being against Providence where it obviously didn't phase him because he had a triple/double (yes i mean 10+ points/ 10+ rebounds / and 10 blocks!). Even if they are playing Blair, i just don't see how people are coming to this assumption that UConn will get in foul trouble.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

I'm assuming you missed the first paragraph which states I actually attend Uconn hence the my Huskies , just wanted people to know this because it does alter the position. Hopefully the reasoning backs itself up.

On another note, I have been reading other posts and keep seeing foul trouble pop up. Idk where people are getting this from and whoever has stated this should really do your homework on UConn. There has been 1 person foul out all season, coincidentally it was Thabeet in a tight game against Gonzaga which if you watched, I'm sure you would agree with me that the officiating was terrible to say the least. Other than this, everyone on the team has a foul average of <2 not including Thabeet which is at 2.4. There has been 2 other times where he has had 4 fouls, one being against Providence where it obviously didn't phase him because he had a triple/double (yes i mean 10+ points/ 10+ rebounds / and 10 blocks!). Even if they are playing Blair, i just don't see how people are coming to this assumption that UConn will get in foul trouble.
    You are dead-on. UConn is among the best teams in the country at playing good defense without fouling. Pitt is the team that has foul trouble issues, esp on the road and esp with Blair. For Thabeet to be the presence he is yet average so few fouls is a testament to UConn's gameplan and team discipline. Blair's giving up a lot of height in this match-up tonight, and as good as he is, it's a lot easier to envision him in foul trouble at around 7:30 than Thabeet. BOL and tx for the analysis, JHoward1230.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

My complete bad! Thanks! Let us know when you think to go against them too!

MrMonkey