ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Uconn beats Pitt tonight at home....

If you guys haven't realized it yet it's time to realize it now! The home teams during the weekdays prevail. You have to look at the fact that Uconn is a good team, they are at home, and they will have the refs on there side tonight!

All home teams get the calls!!

So tonight when the game is going on don't say the refs are cheating or they had Uconn! Because I'm letting you know now that when you have a two great teams going at it always take the home team, because they will get the calls.

Uconn-3 (Full Game)
    Uconn-2 (1st half)
    Uconn-1 (1st 10 min)

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

the huskies comes into this game tonight having not lost a game since december 29th. Now this obviously doesnt happen by accident. People seem to not understand that uconn has a tremendous size advantage over pitt. Pitts leading rebounder blair is 6-7 your telling me he is gonna out rebound thabeet who is 7-3??? Not a chance!! When a team like uconn plays at home they have a major advantage because the opposing team is bound not to shoot as well and when you are a great rebounding team like uconn (2nd in the nation in defensive rebounding) you are more than likely not gonna have a problem. Oh i forgot to mention uconn is 3rd in the nation in fg % against and 20th against the 3 ball. Pitt relies heavily on points in the paint and trust me tonight they will not find it easy down there!! One key stat pitt fouls a whole lot on the road they average 21 ft attempts against per game, for a winning team this is alot. Dont be suprised if pitt gets into foul trouble early. If this game was played in pitt i would say maybe pitt can pull this one out. But in uconn there is no way uconn loses this game. The line is a little short if you ask me but this is due to the fact that dyson is out. I feel uconn is a little underrated with him out. Uconn big for me tonight!!!!

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

i totally agree home team gets it done tonite.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am staying away from this one because the Big East is crazy. UConn obviously has home court advantage.

Thabeet is an amazing player but.......

Blair has already outrebounded Thabeet.

He outrebounded Thabeet in both games they played last year, 13-9, and 14-8.

Blair is the #2 rebounder in the Big East.

Even Harangody from ND who has a 3 inch vertical jump outrebounded Thabeet 15-11 two weeks ago.

Of interest.

As a team, UConn averages about 42 rebounds/game
    As a team, Pitt averages abotut 40 rebounds/game

As a team, Pitt shoots a team FG% of almost 49%
    As a team, UConn shoots a team FG% of almost 48%

They both shoot identical 3-point % of 34.6.

Pitt averages 78.3 ppg
    UConn averages 76.9 ppg

The only two significant statistical differences are Pitt has more assists per game, and UConn is a better FT shooting team (69%-66%).

Both are well coached, both teams play hard.

College Hoops is often a guard game....and take note who is the nation's leading PG with assist/turnover ration......Fields. He gives Pitt an advantage there.

Good luck on your play.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blair has 15 points/13 rebounds in the first half.

Thabeet has 4 points in the first half.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

zboiz, I don't know how you can watch games with Thabeet against good competition and watch blair against good competition..... and then come to the conclusion you came to yesterday.... can't just look at the stats bro? are you watching games?

Blair elevates his vs good opponents and Thabitch disappears, rebounding has very little to do with height when you box a man out and use your positioning as well as Blair does

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    zboiz, I don't know how you can watch games with Thabeet against good competition and watch blair against good competition..... and then come to the conclusion you came to yesterday.... can't just look at the stats bro? are you watching games?

Blair elevates his vs good opponents and Thabitch disappears, rebounding has very little to do with height when you box a man out and use your positioning as well as Blair does
    Great call CA on Pitt! My problem, can't watch enough games. My son thinks I should be doing better at this and I tell him I don't watch enough games and he doesn't understand. Any other teams that you have seen throughly please speak to us! Good job!

MrMonkey

PhillipMG
    PhillipMG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lost some change on UConn last night. Wish I found this forum sooner.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipMG View Post
    I lost some change on UConn last night. Wish I found this forum sooner.

Phillip every once in a while I am going to drop where the money is going to paid handicappers take a look at my thread from yesterday entitled where the big money is going in ncaa... 3 out of 3 on games picks, but missed a o/u... I usually follow nba... but there are some great cappers here... Take a look at the picks of pavyracer, tpowell, and you can dig up a few more...it will be obvious which ones to avoid very quickly...

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here you go...good luck with everything some value info here on this forum.
    Yesterday, 05:55 PM #1 (permalink) G's pks
    SBR Wise Guy

Where the big money is going on the NCAA...
    Sifting through all the touts plays for 2/16/09

They are on Pit + 2and the under 136, looks like 134 1/2 now.
    La tech +9
    Texas A&M +2

These are the majority of them not every single one....

Yesterday a lot of them loved Akron, the day before Portland, neither covered... Lets see if they do a little better tonight...scares me seeing everyone going the same way again...
    G's pks's SBR

Today, 09:26 AM #2 (permalink) G's pks

The touts did very well yesterday picking all 3 games correctly but were off on the over/under...still in all a very nice job... May dig around today and try same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G's pks

Sifting through all the touts plays for 2/16/09

They are on Pit + 2 WON and the under 136, looks like 134 1/2 now.LOSS

La tech +9 WON

Texas A&M +2 WON

These are the majority of them not every single one....

Yesterday a lot of them loved Akron, the day before Portland, neither covered... Lets see if they do a little better tonight...scares me seeing everyone going the same way again...
    Last edited by G's pks; 02-17-09 at 10:00 AM.