curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mon, Feb 16 Plays

There is a hedging rule you need to follow if you play these picks. The rule is simple but I don't have time to post all the games during live play as they come up. I have posted the rule and the plays to make IF the team meets the rule. I'll post the results late tonight.

The rule is simple. At halftime if a pick is trailing and the 2H line is minus the points then take that team 2H on the money line. This is a hedge play, the %s are greatly in our favor using this rule. Do some back testing and prove it to yourself.

I won't be monitoring the thread so if you post and I don't respond it is nothing personal.

Connecticut -165 4.95 to win 3 Lost
    Louisiana Tech +400 1 to win 4
    Louisiana Tech +10 -110 2.2 to win 2
    Texas A&M +120 1 to win 1.2
    Texas A&M +3 -132 2.64 to win 2
    Loyola Md -250 7.5 to win 3 Lost
    Appalachian State +105 1 to win 1.05 Lost
    Appalachian State +3 -157 3.14 to win 2 Lost
    Siena -175 5.25 to win 3 Win
    St. Peter's -140 4.2 to win 3 Win

2H Plays take all these on the money line to win whatever was risked on the game bet. the rule is you take the team if they are trailing at the half and the line for them for the 2H is minus the points. But, you take them on the money line. If you can't get money line Halftime plays at your book then either find a different book or use your judgment whether or not you want to lay the points.
    Since I don't know what these lines will be I am putting XXX to win the amount risked in the game play above. I rounded them up so we don't have to mess with decimal places. ONLY play these if they meet the rule. Play them on the money line.

2 Half

Connecticut XXX to win 5 Connecticut -166 8.3 to win 5 Lost
    Louisiana Tech XXX to win 4
    Texas A&M XXX to win 4 Texas -220 8.8 to win 4
    Loyola Md XXX to win 8 Loyola Md -330 26.4 to win 8 Win
    Appalachian State XXX to win 5 Appalachian State -135 6.75 to win 5 Win
    Siena XXX to win 6 Iona -130 7.8 to win 6 Lost
    St. Peters XXX to win 5 Marist -125 6.25 to win 5 Lost
    Last edited by curious; 02-16-09 at 09:46 PM.

Snevens88
    Snevens88's Avatar Become A Pro!

curious...im tellin you..road favs and road dogs in conference play i just really wouldnt touch em...i.e im sorry to hear were against each other tonight as iona will be one of my selections but i think im gonna stay away from the LT game...BOL

curious

Quote Originally Posted by Snevens88 View Post
    curious...im tellin you..road favs and road dogs in conference play i just really wouldnt touch em...i.e im sorry to hear were against each other tonight as iona will be one of my selections but i think im gonna stay away from the LT game...BOL
    Yes, I heard you last time and I modified my prediction model to give more weight to home court advantage. And I still like Siena and Louisiana Tech.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

home teams in conference situations is money!

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

The only lost I remember is Duke last week

curious

2H Loyola Md -330

Loyola Md -330 26.4 to win 8

curious

2H Connecticut -166

2H Connecticut -166 8.3 to win 5

curious

2H Appalachian State -135

2H Appalachian State -135 6.75 to win 5

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Hope your good on App St - but just by one LOL

curious

2H Iona -130

2H Iona -130 7.8 to win 6

curious

2H Marist -125

2H Marist -125 6.25 to win 5

curious

2H Texas -220 8.8 to win 4

2H Texas -220 8.8 to win 4

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    home teams in conference situations is money!
    Unless they are playing MSU still undefeated on the road in big ten play...hopefully that continues!

seanjohn007
    seanjohn007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

do you mind explaining the halftime hedge system youve been using? ive been trying to figure it out for the last 15 mins and i cant quite figure it out (probably just me being a F**king idiot lol) is it that if the underdog before the game becomes the favorite at halftime you take that team on the moneyline at halftime? meaning when you add the halftime line to the halftime score, they are favored to win. i hope that makes sense

curious

Quote Originally Posted by seanjohn007 View Post
    do you mind explaining the halftime hedge system youve been using? ive been trying to figure it out for the last 15 mins and i cant quite figure it out (probably just me being a F**king idiot lol) is it that if the underdog before the game becomes the favorite at halftime you take that team on the moneyline at halftime? meaning when you add the halftime line to the halftime score, they are favored to win. i hope that makes sense
    I just woke up after I passed out from reading your post. That is the most complicated thing I ever read and one of my favorite subjects is physics.

It is VERY simple.

Step 1. Look at halftime score.
    Step 2. Find the team that is LOSING.
    Step 3. See if the LOSING team is laying points for the 2H (that means the sign in front of the spread is the minus sign -, example -7).
    Step 4. If the team that is LOSING is laying points (the spread has a minus sign), then take that team for the 2H on the money line.
    Step 5. Put down the crack pipe.

seanjohn007
    seanjohn007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

hahaha thanks for clearing that up bro. i actually really like what you found there, you play alot of games and i can see it being very profitable. oh and it it simple lol.

im not even going to lie i was writing that while watching 24, so it probably took a total of 45 mins to finish. i even re-read it after the show and said "oh there's no ****ing way he's going to understand what i was trying to say"

BBROBOZO
    BBROBOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

step - 5

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    I just woke up after I passed out from reading your post. That is the most complicated thing I ever read and one of my favorite subjects is physics.

It is VERY simple.

Step 1. Look at halftime score.
    Step 2. Find the team that is LOSING.
    Step 3. See if the LOSING team is laying points for the 2H (that means the sign in front of the spread is the minus sign -, example -7).
    Step 4. If the team that is LOSING is laying points (the spread has a minus sign), then take that team for the 2H on the money line.
    Step 5. Put down the crack pipe.

Sir, I think that every one that has ever posted in your thread is on crack !!! I come to this forum to see others handicap and pick games. Some do it and never say why,some do it and they just want to bet or they think they will die,you sir post lots of plays and you give the reason why,but you are so far over their heads that it just don't fly.