iladelcat
    iladelcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt vs uconn

After a day of hell yesterday fellas its time to get some of this dinero back today...

Now i've watched both Pitt and Uconn quite a bit this year, IMO if there is a team that can go into Hartford and get a W it has to be Pitt! The reason why i stated the aforementioned is because Pitt is much deeper than Uconn off jump! Even with dyson(which they don't have) Uconn doesn't have the depth Pitt has which means that if Thabeet gets into foul trouble(which he is bound to do with a beast like dejuan blair on the other side) its a wrap. Another angle i took with this game is the maturity and leadership that Levance Fields shows on the court which is a underrated aspect that gets overlooked by most! Is it me or has Levance Fields really evolved into a smart playmaker who can get his shots and not turn the ball over! Don't get me wrong fellas, I think this is going to be a game but if there was a blowout to occur..it would be in Pitts favor just because i feel that if Uconn has any adversity(say down big early) they don't have dyson to bail them out...on the flipside..if Pitt has adversity..they are team who is suited to handle it the best! With that being said...i have to go with the points and PITT fellas...good luck to everyone today and lets get it

+3.5 Pitt

VVET
    VVET's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough to beat all of those blocked shots - true, fouls could be troublesome. I like uconn, especially at home.

-3 Uconn

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be more worried about Blair getting in foul trouble than Thabeet.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Exactly! Leaning toward Pitt at +4 (buy) myself, but you can't teach height and Pitts. inside quality players might resemble Louis.' tonight against Thabeet?

Dyson I hear from UConn supporters not that big but when you average 30 min. a gam, somebody has to fill void? Calhoun might go with bigger team at times which still might be better than what Pitt. has?

Game looking bigger than UConn-Louis., hope it's a good contest. Louis. really wasn't that far off if they made a few outside shots and sealed off the lane on defense. Too many uncontesteds! Good luck!

MrMonkey

iladelcat
    iladelcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

true true...but thabeet goes for every block! i look at this way...i believe the big men will cancel each other out due to foul trouble on both sides...now with that said...which team can survive without their big man the best?!! thats the question IMO...

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Agreed. UConn does a great job of playing great defense while not fouling. That's the reason that I may stay away from the side and play the under (either half or game) here. Number's a little low (135) for these teams, though. Books catching on to fact that Thabeet makes UConn a great under play at home.

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

biff do you have a under/over for half??

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 007Fatty View Post
    biff do you have a under/over for half??
    it's 63.5

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

i mean are you doing under. or over?
    cuz ive seen your posts and your usually right lol
    and i need to make back my money from yesterday haha

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by 007Fatty View Post
    i mean are you doing under. or over?
    cuz ive seen your posts and your usually right lol
    and i need to make back my money from yesterday haha
    you're too kind.

i like under for half and for game, but i think i may stay away from game total or line and just stick to 1H under. pitt commits too many fouls on the road, and in a high profile game like this, refs can get an itchy trigger finger. uconn is great about keep fouls low, but if the game is close [and we already know it's a huge game], fouls could easily tack on 8-10 points at the end. i love the lack of urgency for scoring at the end of a first half [eg, USC/ASU last night]. these teams play low-scoring against one another; 22-22 at UConn last year [would love to see that again tonight].

hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    you're too kind.

i like under for half and for game, but i think i may stay away from game total or line and just stick to 1H under. pitt commits too many fouls on the road, and in a high profile game like this, refs can get an itchy trigger finger. uconn is great about keep fouls low, but if the game is close [and we already know it's a huge game], fouls could easily tack on 8-10 points at the end. i love the lack of urgency for scoring at the end of a first half [eg, USC/ASU last night]. these teams play low-scoring against one another; 22-22 at UConn last year [would love to see that again tonight].
    Levance Fields did not play in last season's game. i actually like the over in the first half. I am staying away from this game. Be careful.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by hoop guru View Post
    Levance Fields did not play in last season's game. i actually like the over in the first half. I am staying away from this game. Be careful.
    I've already played the 1H under in this one, but I'm now very nervous that you like the 1H over. Nothing I can do about money already played, but if nothing else, this is a good warning for anyone else considering it to be wary.

PittChicGambles
    PittChicGambles's Avatar Become A Pro!

I myself, like the over in the first half..good luck though Biff

JHoward1230
    JHoward1230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biff, shouldn't be too worried about the under. Both teams have the potentials to score and all, but UConn is a second half team as is. Should be a great defensive match-up down low. 2nd half is where the scoring is going to come. BOL

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by JHoward1230 View Post
    Biff, shouldn't be too worried about the under. Both teams have the potentials to score and all, but UConn is a second half team as is. Should be a great defensive match-up down low. 2nd half is where the scoring is going to come. BOL
    Tx, JH. I liked this a lot initially, but hoop_guru is the one capper on here I don't like going against. His half plays have been rock solid the last couple of weeks, so that's why I'm nervous - generally consider anything contra his leanings to be a no-play, that's all. Thabeet makes UConn an under machine at home, so no way I'd consider the over, game or half, in this one. As a side note, 1H unders are fast becoming my new favorite wager. Watching that USC/ASU 1H under last night was a blast - for the last 4-5 minutes, you knew there was no chance of it making it over, and then you're up at half with no danger of 2nd half unpredictability ruining it.

Guess we'll all find out in a little over 3 hours. BOL to you and your Huskies tonight [i'm on UConn small as well], and nice work your UConn analysis in the thread you started today.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 02-16-09 at 03:43 PM. Reason: referenced incorrect thread

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

for first half o/u's and spread bettors..... make sure you realize that Pitt is a horrible starter... they step it up quite a big offensively and defensively in the 2nd half

I-cat, you are dead on with your fields assessment, this kid has it all now....except ft-shooting.... but otherwise he is exactly what you want at your 1

infamousdx
    infamousdx's Avatar Become A Pro!

i know both teams are 2h teams but even 62.5 seems so low... people still like them at this?