Snevens88
    Snevens88's Avatar Become A Pro!

18-10 +50 UNITS---forget about last night, todays today

So as most of you know yesterday went just ok, starting off nice but getting unlucky by some real close calls. Nevertheless, i have a whole lotta leans on todays cards and im real anxious to get my selections in..

Keep an eye out for todays picks as the first play should be comin out shortly.

Lets see if we can really get 18-10 to a better spot...could be a lot of plays tonight. lets get those books

Snevens88

Play number 1

INDIANA U +11 10 units to win 9LOSS

As most of you know i had northwestern the other day at home to illinois...they dominated most of the game and finished with the cover in the final seconds of the game. I love Indiana at home this week with a nothing to lose mentality and will come out lookin loose and ready to take on a weakened illinois team. Illinois still puts up shady numbers on the road and will continue to struggle today at a tough place to play in hoosierville. Look for coach Crean to do everything he can to limit the hoosier turnover count and really get his team focused on the upset. Consider Indiana and the points at home.
    Last edited by Snevens88; 02-15-09 at 02:10 PM.

Snevens88

Play number 2

VIRGINIA + 10 10 units to win 7 (buying 2 pts)WIN

I feel real confident that virgina can perform a lot better than most believe at home tonight. Only 4 of their losses have come at home this season and none by more than 11 pts. Virginia puts up good numbers at home and could really come out and surprise the tigers. I just cant help but think this line should be a lot higher and vegas knows virginia should keep it close at home. look for the caveliers to come out strong at home and really give the tigers a run for their money. consider virginia and a full 10 pts at home
    Last edited by Snevens88; 02-15-09 at 02:23 PM.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

I like your indiana call I am going to take them for the game and for the 1st half. Now your Virgina call cant say i agree with ya on that one. The tigers are 5-2 ATS away from home. Plus a huge clemson fan so may be blinded by judgment on this one. I think I like the UNDER on the Clemson game better.

Snevens88

id love to know how a team in division 1a basketball, could perform so poorly from the free throw line...i mean just listen to the words in the concept. its a free attempt at points and u go 11-24 from the strike and give up 13 free points, that shoulda easily given indiana the cover...one ****en baskettt

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I modified my prediction model to weight home teams and I modified it so it tells me if a team is at home or away and what their conference record is home/away. I also added a weighting for conference record home/away. This should tighten up the big road dogs %s. I used it after we discussed this yesterday. Seems to help. I noticed right away that it tightened up the win %s on all the games.

Ticon18
    Ticon18's Avatar Become A Pro!

good plays for today-stupid Indiana. how do you feel about Miami +8 and Arizona State -7

Snevens88

intersting curious...appreciate u getting back to me about that...conference play is always trendy and its certainly been heating up this season...i cant wait to get an early jump on next season and really get some solid math goin into my selections

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticon18 View Post
    good plays for today-stupid Indiana. how do you feel about Miami +8 and Arizona State -7
    I'm on Miami +8 and Arizona State -305. (I don't lay points on favs).

Snevens88

Ticon...intersting you should bring those plays up..im pretty sure Miami will be play number three or four...not too sure about ASU tho, that line seems kinda hefty for a real solid pac 10 rival

Snevens88

good thing virginia held on for me...id be lyin if i said im not pretty satisfied with my analysis on that game

Snevens88

Play number 3

VALPARAISO -1 10 units to win 9LOSS

So Valpos 7-18 this season going against the 11-14 flames tonight after losing in chicago only a month ago by a 25 pt margin. clearly UIC's gotta be the favorite right? well not exactly, as i like Valpo layin the point tonight at home. I feel this is a good spot for them comin off a very commanding win over loyola chicago by a 27 point margin. Might i also point out that this team is currently manhandling butler on butlers home court so that definitely says something about the quality of win for valpo. be it that they are at home tonight valpo plays much better ball on their homecourt than they do on the road. Look for them to come out quick against a team really struggling to find its identity in UIC. Consider Valpo at home layin the point.
    Last edited by Snevens88; 02-15-09 at 06:31 PM.

Snevens88

Play number 4

LOUISVILLE -19 10 units to win 6 (buy 2.5 pts)WIN
    Say what you want about buying a couple points but i think this is a great spot for a louisville blowout. First off they have just about everythin goin for em chalkboard wise. You can bet coach Patino pounded them in practice about that horrible loss to ND. he should definitely have this team psyched up ready to bounce back and show why theyre actually a top 10 squad. The line makes perfect sense bein that high and i think still brings good value to the louisville selection. Louisville has beaten the likes of Pittsburgh and south florida, two solid teams, fairly handedly. These two teams had no trouble taking care of depaul though. The blue demons dropped both by double digits--losing by 23 to pittsburgh and by 22 to SF. Both of those games were with the advantage of a home crowd behind em, and now they must travel to louisville against a tough crowd in hopes of sparing themselves the embarrasement of another 20 pt loss. Consider Louisville layin the wood at home.
    Last edited by Snevens88; 02-15-09 at 06:32 PM.

Snevens88

2-2 so far today....still riding a ridiculous 20-12 record still up over 50 units since the start of my posts...keep an eye out for tomorrows games and perhaps a late seletion tonight!