No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Charleston +16 Tuesday

Am I missing something here? Is this another UCSB/Cal setup line, where C of C loses by 20-plus? Because I don't see Louisville, coming off a big home win over Memphis with its students on winter break, covering this number against the Cougars.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Took under Buck/Cuse 134

Only play for myself.

Although Butler looks good to go. Getting double digits with well coached teams is a rarity.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i didnt realize ucsb/cal line was a setup (mentioned it looked short to me)..far as this game no way id lay the points but Lou is tough in the yum yum center, i promise if CoC comes out on the same bs they were on against the Vols they will get run out the gym before they have a chance to get back in the game.. On the bright side i trust Cremins team to be pretty secure with the rock even against the pressure, where i worry is rebounding as CoC gives up way to many offensive boards and Lou gets after it on the glass..right now gun to my head i would take the points, i see 17 now so not in any hurry but not sure i wanna play it, gotta do some more work on this..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    i didnt realize ucsb/cal line was a setup (mentioned it looked short to me)..far as this game no way id lay the points but Lou is tough in the yum yum center, i promise if CoC comes out on the same bs they were on against the Vols they will get run out the gym before they have a chance to get back in the game.. On the bright side i trust Cremins team to be pretty secure with the rock even against the pressure, where i worry is rebounding as CoC gives up way to many offensive boards and Lou gets after it on the glass..right now gun to my head i would take the points, i see 17 now so not in any hurry but not sure i wanna play it, gotta do some more work on this..
    Big public play. UCSB had kept things close against BCS schools so far this year until tonight.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

This Cal game solidifies my opinion that Washington is dogshit.

UCSB competiive throughout that game vs Wash, and never were within 10 pt of Cali.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

UCSB competiive throughout that game vs Wash, and never were within 10 pt of Cali.
    As if you were still on the fence after they got run out of their own gym on Sunday by South Dakota State?

UCSB did almost beat UNLV. They aren't horrible.

I'm still trying to figure out how Cal lost by 30 to Mizzou.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

it fukkin shocked me that this gm got bet down to damn near the closer on the udub gm, Cal is far and away better than UW (right now anyway), not to mention UW was missing their center..

you know how udub rolls, look like shit until about half way thru conf play until they get a real sense of urgency about possibly missing the tourney then bam all a sudden they turn it on a little bit..

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    As if you were still on the fence after they got run out of their own gym on Sunday by South Dakota State?

UCSB did almost beat UNLV. They aren't horrible.

I'm still trying to figure out how Cal lost by 30 to Mizzou.

i didnt get to see the cal/mizzou gm but i think it fair to say Cal wasnt prepared for the intensity Mizzou was bringing in that game..Mizzou really goood but certainly not that much better than a Cal team i like, that said mizzou could run anyone real quick that isnt ready for their style..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Mizzou is a top 5 team this year. Senoir laden, uber talent, and worth a Championship future ticket.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Another stupid, lazy Vegas line.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Another stupid, lazy Vegas line.
    I'm glad I didn't play this one or I would have taken L'ville just because of how ridiculous it looked.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I'm blown away by this line. The money line closed at +1500 at 5D. Absolutely crazy. If you guys watched the end off the game picture being in my shoes and holding a large c of c over 60.5 team total ticket. I swear they averaged a point a minute for the last 12 minutes. Missed layups....my boy wiggins hit a three to give me the win. They had 37 points at halftime, I thought the team total was easy. I can't believe I had to sweat.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

another RLM loss

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    I'm blown away by this line. The money line closed at +1500 at 5D. Absolutely crazy. If you guys watched the end off the game picture being in my shoes and holding a large c of c over 60.5 team total ticket. I swear they averaged a point a minute for the last 12 minutes. Missed layups....my boy wiggins hit a three to give me the win. They had 37 points at halftime, I thought the team total was easy. I can't believe I had to sweat.
    Honestly -- and I feel like I've been saying this a lot with college basketball -- the line basically spooked me from going a lot bigger. Why were they +16 in the first place? And then it went up? WTF?

Vegas needs to stop tailing KenPom and start finding better oddsmakers (if you look at his projections, about 95% of Vegas lines come directly from his stat sheet).

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I hammered the team total and played the line for a couple hundred. I wanted to empty my account on it but just couldn't with the line movement. That line was retarded. Still got the shakes from the end of that game. C of. Went ice ******* cold.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

this was a better play of the day....Louisville =overrated...COFC= bada$$es...they are gonna smoke the southern conf year..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by romoney View Post
    this was a better play of the day....Louisville =overrated...COFC= bada$$es...they are gonna smoke the southern conf year..
    Hard to imagine they won't skip a beat without Goudelock, though -- they miss his scoring.

romoney
    College Hoop Time

Hard to imagine they won't skip a beat without Goudelock, though -- they miss his scoring.

oh no doubt...i agree 100 percent..but they are well coached and play well as team...

BigDofBA

I've liked CoC ever since they were down like 18 on with 2 minutes to go on the road against Wichita State in the NIT last year and then they started raining threes from everywhere to cover the -8 spread and lose by 7. That was an awesome cover and probably the only time I've ever went big on a game and got extremely lucky. Goudelock was pulling up from around mid-court and draining threes.

Wichita State extended its lead to 58-37 on Aaron Ellis' baby hook.That's when Goudelock told his team, "Don't get blown out."Instead, Goudelock started hitting 3-pointers from everywhere, and his teammates joined in as the Cougars went 11 of 20 from beyond the arc in the second half.

romoney
    College Hoop Time

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I've liked CoC ever since they were down like 18 on with 2 minutes to go on the road against Wichita State in the NIT last year and then they started raining threes from everywhere to cover the -8 spread and lose by 7. That was an awesome cover and probably the only time I've ever went big on a game and got extremely lucky. Goudelock was pulling up from around mid-court and draining threes.

Wichita State extended its lead to 58-37 on Aaron Ellis' baby hook.That's when Goudelock told his team, "Don't get blown out."Instead, Goudelock started hitting 3-pointers from everywhere, and his teammates joined in as the Cougars went 11 of 20 from beyond the arc in the second half.

wow...i remember that game..i was at the airport bar and on Wich st...soooo pissed...

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by romoney View Post
    wow...i remember that game..i was at the airport bar and on Wich st...soooo pissed...
    Yeah. I would have probably broken something if I was on Wichita State that game.

Wichita State was 19 of 21 at the free throw line but Goudelock just kept draining threes. It was unreal. I think a few of them were banked in as well. I was going crazy. I couldn't believe they had come back to cover after being down big all game. That's the type of shit that usually goes against me.

They shot over 50% from downtown to backdoor it by one point. Classic.

romoney
    College Hoop Time

ahhhh...the memories....i love it