Who do you all like tomorrow night...

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

West Virginia...

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

I think I like W. Virginia here. WV is 5-3 ATS against Villanova. Also Villanova is on a nice little winning streak and WV just got embarrassed by Pitt so they should be really pumped for this game. I believe I am going with WV here -4

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by caseyking2 View Post
    I think I like W. Virginia here. WV is 5-3 ATS against Villanova. Also Villanova is on a nice little winning streak and WV just got embarrassed by Pitt so they should be really pumped for this game. I believe I am going with WV here -4

Thinking the same thing here...

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

villanova +4

WestsidePete

I just put 3 units on WV -2 (bought 2) ...don't need my asss to be bitten like tonite so bought the pts...

OC
    OC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WestsidePete View Post
    I just put 3 units on WV -2 (bought 2) ...don't need my asss to be bitten like tonite so bought the pts...

Ahhh Pete you crack me up. I had 47 pit bulls chompin on me like I was prime rib tonight. What a bad one. Every time I looked there were missed free throws, bad calls and wtf happened in the UCLA game? Offensive foul? Sigh. Tomorrows a better day.

WestsidePete

Why do I feel WV missed 5 ft's late and wins by 1??

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!

Lets just hope WV comes out like a bat out of hell and we don't have to worry about the spread all game. Man I love those kind of games

WestsidePete

You guys think WV first half as well??

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!

I placed bet on WV first half. I feel like they will come out strong.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!

Got the 1st half at -2.5 also thinking of going with the under 62 here for 1st half. Going to research the total first but that what I'm leaning toward

gameday10
    gameday10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Did a little capping and have to say as of now I am leaning Villanova right now. They are clearly on a roll right now going 8-0 ATS last 8 games, 8-2 ats last 10, and 5-2 ATS away. Checked the kenpom ratings and nova is 6-2 against top 100 teams and 4-1 against the top 50 while wv is 3-4 against top 100 and 2-3 against top 50 ATS. Villanova beat pitt SU and ATS while WV lost to them twice SU and ATS. WV is only 4-6 ATS last 10 and 2-2 at home(2 wins being prov and st. johns). The last 10 games both have played 7 of the same teams while Villanova is 6-1 ATS against those 7 and WV is 3-5 against those(played pitt twice). Did a little research and will do more for tomorrow. Had a rough day today, so I decided to start early and actually cap hard for a game or two tomorrow.

mb19
    mb19's Avatar Become A Pro!

As gameday put it, Nova is playing reallllyyy well right now. You would think the public would be jumping on them today but them playing at a difficult place might scare people away.

ACCBball
    ACCBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

Looking at thier schedule, it seems like WVU cant beat anyone that has a solid offense (not sure I can consider Louisville as having a good offense after last night, but I digress). 100 points in back to back games, thats pretty impressive in any league and they were playing teams that were ranked. I am going to take the points..after last night though I probably will be wrong again. Can wait for ACC games again on Saturday!

bostonboss

west virginia has no heart....they quit when they get behind in games...they are young.....villanova is experienced, can score the ball, and are by far better coached and better team players. Take nova.....west virginia will fold like tents.

Gance9
    Gance9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Nova +160, no doubt. Their on a tear, just beat cuse and marquette by 20 and won 6 in row. Easy money.

flavo-ice
    flavo-ice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gance9 View Post
    Nova +160, no doubt. Their on a tear, just beat cuse and marquette by 20 and won 6 in row. Easy money.
    Uh-oh......

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

i pick Villanova wildcat +4
    and
    Loyola Greyhound -2
    small unit

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    west virginia has no heart....they quit when they get behind in games...they are young.....villanova is experienced, can score the ball, and are by far better coached and better team players. Take nova.....west virginia will fold like tents.

Wasn't this what everyone was saying about Notre Dame and Louisville got their asses handed to them....WV is not a bad team

bostonboss

im not sure what happened with notre dame....but lets look at louisville....they lose on their home court to western kentucky...they have also lost to minnesota....2 mediocre teams....they are over rated.......but i have seen west virginia play about 7 or 8 games and its the same story every time.....they have a thin bench, get in foul trouble early....and they give up when down in the second half.....they have no size....not even close to what they were last year.....villanova has the same team from last year...one yr advanced...and they beat west virginia last year.....villanova is more athletic...i'll go as far to say i see villanova winning this by at least 8 points.....maybe much more. We saw what happened last night everyone jumped on louisville...they tanked.....now everyone is jumping on west virginia....and guess what the tank is coming.....

thetruth34
    thetruth34's Avatar Become A Pro!

couldnt agree more bostonboss

WestsidePete

im not sure what happened with notre dame....but lets look at louisville....they lose on their home court to western kentucky...they have also lost to minnesota....2 mediocre teams....they are over rated.......but i have seen west virginia play about 7 or 8 games and its the same story every time.....they have a thin bench, get in foul trouble early....and they give up when down in the second half.....they have no size....not even close to what they were last year.....villanova has the same team from last year...one yr advanced...and they beat west virginia last year.....villanova is more athletic...i'll go as far to say i see villanova winning this by at least 8 points.....maybe much more. We saw what happened last night everyone jumped on louisville...they tanked.....now everyone is jumping on west virginia....and guess what the tank is coming.....

everyone jumping on WV?? I don't see that at all....Nova has been rolling and they are getting 4 pts...why is that?? comparing WV to Louisvile is backwards here...ND and WV were/are the desperate home teams on bad streaks while both Louisville and Nova were/are the teams coming in on nice streaks....and yes WV has no size...but Anderson is banged up for Nova and BUtler had a horrible game going 2-12...can't see that happening again here
    Last edited by WestsidePete; 02-13-09 at 01:18 PM.

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by Gance9 View Post

East money??? yea right....

bostonboss

the line opened west virginia -3.5 its now west virginia -4.5 i'd have to say people are jumping on them.

Plu$Money
    Plu$Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

Villanova +170

bostonboss

not to mention west virginia is terrible from the free throw line...while 3 of the 5 main guys from villanova are over 80 percent...the way the mountaineers foul...looks real good for nova.

flavo-ice

Boston-I am feeling you regarding the breakdowns on WV and Villanova. No arguing who is playing better. Keeping that in mind, the first thing I asked myself is why the oddsmakers installed Nova as a 3.5 dog(knowing this). I'd probably feel a whole lot better backing Nova if the line opened with Nova favored by 1 or 2. Or perhaps even a PK.

But catching 3.5 points plus knowing the state of both teams(which anyone can easily research), it just looks like they are fishing for Nova action.

I haven't checked %'s or action on the game, but if Nova is catching the action and the line has moved to 4.5, well that sounds like reverse line movement to me.

This could be the double reverse trap since it seems like the oddsmakers have been laying traps over the past week and people have been jumping in left and right, so now they have the public conditioned to be skeptical, but it doesn't seem like it.
    Last edited by flavo-ice; 02-13-09 at 01:43 PM.

WestsidePete

the line opened west virginia -3.5 its now west virginia -4.5 i'd have to say people are jumping on them.

Could be reverse line movement as well...

bostonboss

ere is my take on it....if the books opened villanova as a slight favorite...everyone would have thought the books believe villanova would win...this way ...making the mountaineers the favorite has people guessing and saying this looks fishy...and it has alot of people taking west virginia..books had to set the line this way...otherwise there would have been no action on west virginia...they are giving you an illusion making west virginia the favorite.

flavo-ice

You basically summed up what I was referring to in the post above(double reverse trap).

I'm just not sure the public has been toasted enough yet on high profile games in order think this way. At least not enough to actually put money on the team that sucks or isn't supposed to win(in this case WVU). When the public is reeling from some major upsets, people are looking for the "strongest" plays or "surest" things to bounce back on, not looking to do what your brain tells you is incorrect or take a chance on a wager that seems "backwards".

Also, the card is tiny tonight with 2 ranked teams playing, so this game just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Who knows, cause at the end of the day anything can happen, but at this point it will be either a WVU play for me or scratch from the list. I'll see what has happened with the line as the tip gets near.
    Last edited by flavo-ice; 02-13-09 at 02:16 PM.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Nova is getting 4-4.5 rite now as the road dog at WV, it would seem to be a bit inflated due to how well villanova is playing at this point in conference play, as theyve scored over 90 3 in a row. this is a classic vegas trick line, r u going to believe this line or not? In my opinion, upon further research u can see that morgantown has not been kind to Villanova as theyve not won there since 1999 n is a big reason they have set this line at where it is. however, after checking out some stats, WV rite now is only shooting 43% while villanova shoots almost 47%, dont expect WV to lite it up in this one as villanova is stingy defensively at 39% FG D. While WV does outscore its opponents by almost 20 on their home floor, Villanova is not so shabby, going 7-3 on the highway SU. u expect WV to bounce bak following their horrible performance at PITT, but one factor makes this unlikely. WV has sum young lads on their team, 2 or 3 that r in the rotation, n as i have seen thru the yrs, young players dont respond well to losses as opposed to a veteran squad. the key here is WV relies bigtime on sum o these young guys. u combine that with a villanova team firing on all cylinders and a team that beat WV by over 20 last year, its not a good situation for WV. also i noticed that WV has a lot of big men handling the ball and villanova could cause trouble with their high-pressure on-the-ball defense esp. with mazzulla out for WV n the young frshman bryant takin over. look for nova to continue their torrid play n take this one, edge goes to NOVA +4 n the outrite win. GL

bostonboss

well summarized ring.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to agree with Westside Pete... This will not be an easy game for Nova at all. I am a homer so I won't be betting on the game (hopefully will be at game).....Anyhow,,,WVU has #1 scoring defense in Big East so I wouldn't expect Nova stretching it to a third 100 point game....Coliseum gets very loud and a 14'000 seat sellout may cause fits for Nova... Traditionally, the Mountaineers have a very strong homecourt...GL with whatever you guys take....

WestsidePete

70% of the public money is on Nova and the line went from -3.5 to -4.5 for WV...

12 Last