daviddaman2
    daviddaman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Daviddaman2's Friday Plays (Season: 20-10 +14.8 Units)

Thursday: 1-1 (-1.3 Units)
    Season: 20-10 (+14.8 Units)

1-1 day yesterday as UC Irvine hung around with LSU as expected, but Gonzaga didn't put a beating on Oral Roberts as I expected them to. They had a double figure 2nd half lead and seemed poised to make that final push for a 20 point win, but it just didn't happen. Oh well. Onto Friday..

Washington -7.5 (2 Units)
    Weber State +16 (2 Units)

Best of luck to you all, write up's coming later...

daviddaman2

Washington -7.5 - About 2 weeks ago I really thought UCSB was one of the best teams on the west coast and a possible tournament team. The last 3 games have made me realize that I could have been too high on this team. Coming off home losses to UNLV and SDSU, the Gauchos looked flat in a 4 point road win over USD who frankly just isn't a very good team. The two losses at home to most likely the two best teams in the MWC are understandable, but at the same while playing at home were both games a good solid team would win, or at least one of them. In tonight's game the Gauchos face a Washington team that could be the most talented they've seen all season. Washington has lost 3 straight against Nevada, Marquette, and Duke. Obviously nothing to be ashamed of with those Marquette and Duke losses, (both were close) but that Nevada loss was like a kick to the groin. In that contest they blew a late 2nd half lead, and eventually lost in OT. After suffering a tough loss like that, then facing elite Duke and Marquette squads the Huskies will be happy to see a team they should be able handle tonight. Washington loves to get out and play up tempo basketball in a game like this at home after the 3 previously mentioned losses they'll look to run run run all night. I could see them winning this one by 15-20 points.

daviddaman2

Weber State +16 - California is a good team, let me start by pointing that out. This play isn't really to chip away at what I think of the Golden Bears, it's more a tip of the cap to what I think of Weber State. Some will be quick to point out in their 2 tough road tests so far this year Weber State has been easily handled by BYU and St. Mary's and while that's true I also think it gives us a few extra points on the line to work with tonight. This is a line I feel should be around 12.5, and at 16 I can't pass it up. The Wildcats know they've been pushed around in those 2 road losses I mentioned earlier and i'll be expecting a much more solid effort from them tonight. This team needs to find out if they can hang with a team from a bigger conference and tonight will provide their last opportunity to do so this season. For Cal this could be a kind of ho hum game that they just show up and go through the motions for. After tonight they face tougher tests against UCSB and UNLV before jumping into PAC-12 play. With games like that looming it's not always that easy to get fired up for the Weber State's of the world. I still see Cal winning tonight but not by the number. Looking for more of a 75-65 Cal victory.

Sacdaddy05
    Sacdaddy05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2610

I'm on fence on this one! It seems like public is jumping on Webb st +15. I don't see it that way! They have played two road games and been blown out both times. I'm not looking at stats. Just a gut feeling that Webb + 15 is a bad play. I thing maybe a teaser or leave this game alone! What's your thoughts!

daviddaman2

Quote Originally Posted by Sacdaddy05 View Post
    I'm on fence on this one! It seems like public is jumping on Webb st +15. I don't see it that way! They have played two road games and been blown out both times. I'm not looking at stats. Just a gut feeling that Webb + 15 is a bad play. I thing maybe a teaser or leave this game alone! What's your thoughts!
    Well I've got a play on Weber State. Touch on the reasons why in my write up.