hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

hoop guru's halftime totals

Since I been posting plays here since sunday, I am 19-8-1. I was 6-3-1 on Tuesday. I have 4 halftime totals for wednesday's games.

1. Duqusense/Richmond under 71 (1st half) 10 unit play
    2. NC Wilmington/William & Mary under 66 (1st half) 2 unit play
    3. Southern Miss/Rice over 61
    4. Long beach st/Riverside over 58.5

I have good reason for the the richmond game to stay under 71. Richmond has just played a triple overtime game on sunday. Richmond ran out of gas and scored only one point in the 3rd overtime. Duquense had an incredible first half, scoring 46 points, against Xavier. Neither Duquense nor Richmond will score more than 35 points in the first half. Its time to unload on this game.
    Last edited by hoop guru; 02-11-09 at 04:20 PM.

seanjohn007
    seanjohn007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

i like all of them, im also starting to like richmond under for the game and Duquense for the game. i dont see any way richmond can stay around for the last 10 minutes when those sore legs will really hit. im glad to see you taking advantage of the halftime and quarter lines, ive been really looking at them over the last couple weeks and noticed how profitable it can be, for the last week pretty much all i have bet is quarters and halfs lol

hoop guru

with quarters/halfs, we do not have to wait for 2 hours for a certain spread to cover or a total to go over or stay under. l really like to find the unders in halfs in colllege basektball that have a good probability. I do not like take unders in the whole games because the probability of OT. I do not want to pray for teams to score when taking an over in a game. I would not be surprised if I go either 3-0 or 2-1 today. Duquesne and william & mary are definitely staying. I am just a little concerned about western carolina.

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like all of'em.

Laker_crazy
    Laker_crazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Same here,i have locked Duquesne under 71 and william & mary under 66.5,however even i am a little concerened about western carolina game so i am not touching that for now,Hoop lets cash in again tonight buddy...good luck!

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna play secret plays of ck also

BYU -10 1/H
    Tennessee -10 1/H

Laker_crazy

Good luck with that,i am waiting for the euroleague game between prokom and olympiacos to start,have wagered heavy on player performances...

hoop guru

Quote Originally Posted by Laker_crazy View Post
    Same here,i have locked Duquesne under 71 and william & mary under 66.5,however even i am a little concerened about western carolina game so i am not touching that for now,Hoop lets cash in again tonight buddy...good luck!

I feel the same away about western carolina becuase teams in that conference do not play good defense. I have locked in real hard on the other 2. william & mary plays very good defense at home. Duquense is not going to the shoot the lights out like they did against Xavier in the first half. Richmond maybe a little tired after the triple OT game on sunday.

hoop guru

Lets go with another play for 8pm eastern game:

Rice/Southern Mississippi to go over 61 1st half
    -key stat: Southern Mississippi has given up 37, 41, and 41 points in their last 3 road games. Here are the halftime scores of last 3 road games for S mIss

UCF 36 Southern Miss 27 (1/21/09)
    UTEP 41 Southern Miss 36 (1/31/09)
    East Carolina 41 Southern Miss 31 (2/4/09)

Here are the scores of last 2 home games for rice
    Rice 44 East Carolina 37 (1/31/09)
    Rice 39 Tulane 25 (1/28/09)

Both Soutern Miss and Rice played on 2/7/09. THey both failed to score 30 points in the first half of those games. Scores of those games.

HOuston (home) 31 Rice 28
    UAB 31 SOuthern Miss(home) 29

Prediction: Both Rice and Southern mIss will score over 30 points each in the first half of this game. I hope this breakdown is helpful.
    Last edited by hoop guru; 02-11-09 at 02:52 PM.

Laker_crazy

You sure about the Houston/smu hoop?? btw whats ur name buddy...this is vik this side..

Laker_crazy

The line has changed to 66 now.

hoop guru

You sure about the Houston/smu hoop?? btw whats ur name buddy...this is vik this side..
    Vik,
    I am not too sure about the houston/smu game as I am sure about rice/southern mIss going over 61 in the first half.

Tab

hoop guru

900 eastern play
    Oklahoma/Baylor under 73.5. This is way to high. I know last time that these to met in January, the halftime score was Oklahoma 58 Baylor 31. Baylor was playing their 2nd road game of the week and this game was played at Oklahoma. I think Baylor wil make adjustments and play better defense. Oklahoma shot 67% from the field in the first half of this game. I just do not think Oklahoma is going to have that kind of game again. Definitely not on the road.

Laker_crazy

Okie hoop...i was wondering that you seem to like the under a lot,but its good to see that you are fond of the over as well..i was just going through the rice/southern miss..that looks to be steal..and should be locked up...it will go over 61 in the first half

hoop guru

Okie hoop...i was wondering that you seem to like the under a lot,but its good to see that you are fond of the over as well..i was just going through the rice/southern miss..that looks to be steal..and should be locked up...it will go over 61 in the first half
    I be really looking for unders at the half. I am glad I found the Richmond over/under at 71. I took the under and than line dropped to 70.5. I am little concerned about NC WIlmington/William & MAry game. NC Wilmington does not play good defense and does score a lot of points. What are your thoughts on this game. I am glad that you like the over in the rice/southern miss game. That is a steal.

hoop guru

I have another steal on an over tonite. Take Long Beach St/Cal Riverside to go 58.5 1st half. Both teams will score 30 plus points each in the first half. THis is such a low over/under for the first half.

FranklyMrShankly
    FranklyMrShankly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Hoop-Guru,
    Congrats on the run - great stuff.

I want to play 1 of these plays - Which are you most comfotable with?

Thanks,

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by hoop guru View Post
    I have another steal on an over tonite. Take Long Beach St/Cal Riverside to go 58.5 1st half. Both teams will score 30 plus points each in the first half. THis is such a low over/under for the first half.

hoop guru

Quote Originally Posted by FranklyMrShankly View Post
    Hey Hoop-Guru,
    Congrats on the run - great stuff.

I want to play 1 of these plays - Which are you most comfotable with?

Thanks,

FMS
    I would play RIchmond/Duquense under 70.5 1st half (700 est)
    THan I would play SOuthern Miss/Rice over 61 1st H (800 est)
    Than I would play Riverside/Long beach st over 58.5 1st h (1100 est)

Let your money roll by doubling up after each win. I am very confident in all 3 of these half totals

seanjohn007
    seanjohn007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

all the picks ive been looking at for the first half you just posted lol i was about to come tell you to take a look at the LB st total, which i think should be closer to 61 or 62. i really like the Rice number and completely agree with you on the NC Wilmington game, they should get close to 40 and with that defense W&M should have no problem getting points. i didnt see the oklahoma total your analysis seems right on.

FranklyMrShankly
    FranklyMrShankly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks man - Let's do this!

FMS

I would play RIchmond/Duquense under 70.5 1st half (700 est)
    THan I would play SOuthern Miss/Rice over 61 1st H (800 est)
    Than I would play Riverside/Long beach st over 58.5 1st h (1100 est)

Let your money roll by doubling up after each win. I am very confident in all 3 of these half totals

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

I be really looking for unders at the half. I am glad I found the Richmond over/under at 71. I took the under and than line dropped to 70.5. I am little concerned about NC WIlmington/William & MAry game. NC Wilmington does not play good defense and does score a lot of points. What are your thoughts on this game. I am glad that you like the over in the rice/southern miss game. That is a steal.
    I like the UNCW/W&M 1H under. While it's true that UNCW plays crap defense, if there's any team that will struggle to take advantage of it, it's the Tribe and their lack of shooters/scorers. W&M is traditionally a first half team going back to the 90s [i went there], and a common wagering strategy has been to back the Tribe in the first half and their opponent in the second half [esp when it's an athletic opponent like VCU, GMU, ODU, and now NE]. The running joke is that the chicks at W&M are so fugly that it disorients opponents for the first 20 minutes, but realistically, the reasoning is that W&M never has [and never will have] much athletic talent, hangs around for the first 20 minutes thanks to gameplan [slow it down], force of will and whatever adrenaline they get from the home crowd, then gets run out of the gym in the 2nd half once the opposition adjusts. UNCW's strong showings against VCU and NE will only make Shaver's gameplan more conservative. A first half in the 50s or low 60s sounds like par for the course, and the number's a bit inflated thanks to UNCW.

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Don't like O/U, but after a little research I think I'll jump on Rice/S. Miss over 1H

hoop guru

William & mary halftime total now is 67.5. I wagered big on the under just like I did on dequense under. I wonder why. I thought the line would drop.

Laker_crazy

Hoop the line for the mary game has changed to over/under 68...have to hope for the best as i locked the under at that moment itself at 66.5...

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

Hey hoop, totals capper here......the UNC Wilmington game is very touchy. Those boys can shoot lights out on any night and they've screwed 2 of CK's SP's in the past 2 weeks.

Im going on the Duquesne Under for some early action, nice thread!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

William & mary halftime total now is 67.5. I wagered big on the under just like I did on dequense under. I wonder why. I thought the line would drop.
    BOL gentlemen. I'll be pulling hard for that 1H under since I endorsed it.

hoop guru

Wiliam & mary no score yet in the first 1:50 of the game

hoop guru

With 17:20 left, no score. Good way to start the game

t-bone

nice start guys

hoop guru

NO score with 1620 left in the first half. Wow

hoop guru

1 total point scored with 1544 left in the first half

t-bone

disregard my comment on UNC Wilmington........tonight doesn't look like "any given night"

best of luck

hoop guru

10-0 duquesne with 1730 left in the half. At least only one team is scoring.

hoop guru

10-0 with 1640. looking ok so far.

t-bone

how do you have 0 points almost halfway through the half?

1234 ... Last