Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Sean Miller comments on the Brawl, Moronic!

Were I a college basketball coach, I would probably want to stay as far away from Xavier and Cincinnati as possible right now. Both teams severely damaged their school's reputations with Saturday's ugly brawl, and both schools are currently dealing with the massive fallout and public relations nightmares that were always sure to follow. (We'll have reaction to Cincinnati's news conference on the blog soon.) To make matters worse, both schools botched their players' respective punishments. It's a mess. One is best advised to steer clear.

Apparently, Sean Miller disagrees. The current Arizona and former Xavier coach spoke out in support of his former players Saturday. From the Arizona Daily Star:
    "If Cincinnati tries to do what they did (Saturday) they're going to get a fight," Miller said after UA beat Clemson on Saturday. "So I'm proud of those guys." [...] "They have a chance to win it all," Miller said. "It's just such a great story. I'm really proud of those guys and I watch them any time that I can. No one's going to bully those guys."

One more comment, again from the Daily Star:
    Miller said he was not surprised Saturday's Xavier-Cincinnati intra-city Rivalry game featured a brawl that resulted in eight player suspensions. "Happens every game. I'm proud of those guys, I really am," Miller said of Xavier, his former team. "I would fully expect there to be a fight."

Lo and behold, that seems to be the exact same attitude Xavier stars Mark Lyons and Tu Holloway took in their postgame news conferences, the ones that included poorly chosen phrases like "gangsters" and "thugs" and "where we come from" and only drew further criticism and ire.

If I may say so myself, it's a warped definition of "toughness." That definition says physical toughness is more important than mental wherewithal. It says talking trash to opponents late in a blowout -- "zipping them up," as Tu Holloway put it -- and being willing to go toe to toe in a fistfight is a more valuable trait than the ability to win with dignity and class. It says toughness is about posture and knuckles, not about the ability to be the bigger person, to merely prove your superiority on the court, to let your play do the talking. How could Miller be proud of that? How could he support anything he saw on Saturday? How does that even compute?

Cincinnati-Xavier erupted into what it did because nobody involved apparently understood what "toughness" really is. That's the biggest criticism we've heard in the past few days, especially of Xavier -- that "these guys just don't get it."

If their former coach is "proud" of what he saw Saturday, well, no wonder.

What a dumbass...

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

you can take the kid out of the ghetto but cant take the ghetto out of the kid

this kind of shit happens every day on city courts. usually ends in gunfire

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

these little ghetto wannabes need to be sucker punched by Kermit Washington.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    these little ghetto wannabes need to be sucker punched by Kermit Washington.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

You know, it's good to see a rivalry get this heated. I wish my college team would take their rivalry game this seriously. Instead they just lose every year and it's horrible. In that Army/Navy rivalry supposedly when football players first move in to their dorms many of their commanders, the first thing they say to their new cadet or whatever is, "Beat Army." That's wassup!

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Thats all fine and dandy but im sure they dont say get ready to throw haymakers.

dozer
    dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miller is my cousin, and i will tell u exactly what was meant by his comments. He was proud they stood up to the bully. Sometimes in life u have to fight, if you dont you are a puss. Just like a kid in school gettin bullied. If my son is the one gettin bullied my advice to him would yo go f one of the bullies up. Fighting is good maybe less than. 1% of the time, but that 1% is absolutely the right thing to do. I would also tell my son i was proud of him. We arent bitches.

dozer

Wtf kind of world do we live in???? A bunch of candy ass people imo. College coaches csnt even yell at players without dudes grttin their panties in a bunch

dozer

Must have been writtin by a uc grad, because it makes no sense. Cinci started it, got destroyed in the game, sucker punched a player, exactly what did xavier do wrong. Fight back.....yah thats so wrong. Take your tampon out.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

go tell your cousin xavier started the fight

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    Wtf kind of world do we live in????
    apparently an ignorant one

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

thats why 95% of blacks never get anywhere in life, ghetto mentality.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

dozer it was written by Andy Katz get it together pal he works for ESPN not a UC grad. They now said X started as did TU

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

USA is a nation of pussies

Can't even handle a little fight without calling for firings and suspensions.

What ever the corporate masters want most of these stooges fall to their knees and lick their boots.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    thats why 95% of blacks never get anywhere in life, ghetto mentality.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post

that's not racist, thats the damn truth.