TJT
    TJT's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNC vs. DUKE

Alright let's go ahead and get this thread started. I just looked and Bookmaker has it at UNC-2 (-110). What you guys have and why? I normally don't bet big UNC games like this because I am a huge UNC fan but I woke up this morning thinking about individual matchups and for the life of me I just can't see Duke being able to match up with Carolina's big 3 (Hansbrough, Thompson, Davis). I also thing Carolina may have a slight advantage on the wing with Ellington and Green because Henderson is Duke's best defender but he can't gaurd both of them. That leaves one of the two matched up against someone who is much shorter. I want everyone's opinion so I can see if I have a selfish opinion because I am a fan of theirs or if what I see is true. FYI: my best friend is a Duke fan and the loser tommorow night has to wear a mohawk for a week. Wish me luck if you think I may need it because I would love to keep my rug. Just a friendly little bet but I want to put some money on it if can gather enough information to make a good pick.
    Last edited by TJT; 02-10-09 at 08:15 PM.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

UNC is a great pick...minus 2, minus whatever.....Easily the best team in the nation. Now as you are a fan you know they have faltered, but when it comes to a game like this everybody will be up... i agree with the Big 3 dominating this game...I'm all over it all fukkin day......GL

TJT
    TJT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the response and opinion but let's not forget that this game is at Cameron where Carolina is 3-0 in the last three games. That means that Tyler and everyone under him has never lost at Cameron. Ipersonally think they do what it takes to get the job done. I just wanted to get other peoples opinions. Yours is greatly appreciated. I do know we will be one of the last 4 standing in late March and i believe we have the experience of losing to KU last year that will help us in the final games.

thgifted1
    thgifted1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 372

I was thinking UNC -6 at Duke -10 at home.... It will be hard not to hammer UNC tomorrow... I'll be waiting for somebody to give their Duke thoughts..

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!
    Fischnasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

I like Duke tomorrow. Better coached team at home with a lot more to prove right now. Either way its going to be a great game. Im going to pick duke to win for my pre-game bet, but wait for a good looking in-game live bet before i throw my big money down.

w9ii9
    w9ii9's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Duke myself. I think they'll launch about 50 shots from behind the arc, its really their only chance based on your analysis.

Ticon18
    Ticon18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im a big Duke fan but I just don't see them winning this. UNC -2 is pretty much a gimme in my opinion. This team has gone downhill the past few weeks. It sucks because at the begining of the year I felt as if they had a chance to win it all. Now probably a 2nd round knockout once again.

kipper32
    kipper32's Avatar Become A Pro!

im also a duke fan. unc -2

cheesehead004
    cheesehead004's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol duke is a better coached team? just because roy williams doesnt have his own credit card commercials doesnt mean hes an inferior coach.

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!
    Fischnasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead004 View Post
    lol duke is a better coached team? just because roy williams doesnt have his own credit card commercials doesnt mean hes an inferior coach.
    coach K has more wins, more experience, coached an olympic gold medal team, MANY more coaching awards and has coached 3 national championteams to williams 1. I would say he is a better coach, despite williams having a higher career winning percentage.

ACCBball
    ACCBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

I had UNC a -6 to 7 in this game. -2 is a gift, there is no way this tired Duke team keeps up with UNC who rotate thier players so well. Last year Duke wins in UNC but no TY..with Ty they handled Duke at Cameron. Singler is cold from the outside, Zubek is no longer an option and the list cold go on an on why I like UNC. I think UNC wins this game by 10 to 12 points tomorrow. GL cause I know most people will be taking UNC.

awhitejackson

Coach K is a joke.... OK a grain of salt is added to that comment, but I hate how how gets all this God-like praise....Right now ESPN has WVU playing Duke in the regionals of the regionals (if that makes any sense)....God I would love the Mounties to send them home once again!!!! Anyhow.....UNC dominates this game after the first 10 minutes and -2 is the best bet all Week.........

awhitejackson

Quote Originally Posted by Fischnasty View Post
    coach K has more wins, more experience, coached an olympic gold medal team,
    Olympics haha (with Lebron and Kobe)....More experience???? haha.....Wins??? Relative my friend.... C'mon UNC rolls Duke.....Easily best bet of week

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

UNC will be way too athletic for Duke IMO. The rivalry part concerns me but UNC won't have any trouble scoring inside and that should bode very well for them. I cant believe UNC is only -1.5 to be honest. I'm gonna bet UNC huge, but I hate both teams with a passion.

ACCBball
    ACCBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

Agree with everything you wrote T Powell. Inside they have advantage, 3pt shooting they have the advantage and no one on Duke can stop Ty, as shown last year at cameron. Duke is tired, they have had tough games lately...I cant decide if I make this my biggest play ever. The only knock on UNC is their D, its pretty bad but DUke's O is just not good right now.

awhitejackson

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I cant believe UNC is only -1.5 to be honest. I'm gonna bet UNC huge, but I hate both teams with a passion.
    The MAN speaks.....I totally agree..... This is good money...good money.....

TPowell

By the time this game gets late, Duke's legs will be gone more than likely. I would anticipate that UNC will run and gun all game. Duke normally doesn't play too many guys (especially for extended minutes) so I think fatigue could kill them with how fast UNC will want to play. Only way Duke wins is if UNC just completely folds on defense or if they decide to try to outshoot Duke from the outside

Snevens88
    Snevens88's Avatar Become A Pro!

who in their right fuuucken mind would ever bet against duke at home regardless of the circumstance. not to mention against their TOP rival. and for anyone to contemplate this game as ur largest bet ever is just ludacris. as an experienced capper i hope u look real long and hard into this game and even then for your sake please do not pound unc

Ticon18
    Ticon18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Snevens- i agree. I really really want to place some $$ on UNC -2 but i cant. I cant stand them and will not in any way shape or form root for them. Im a Duke fan. Something tells me Duke may show up. In Coach K i trust. You are right though, you can not bet against Dukeeee at home against Mr. Crybaby and Co.

yUNeeC
    yUNeeC's Avatar Become A Pro!

How in the world can you "not bet against Duke at home" against a far better UNC team? Ridiculous logic...you know what would have happened had you bet against Duke at home the past three seasons against UNC? You would have won...three times.

UNC lost to Duke when Lawson was out. When he's in, Duke has zero chance. But, any dookie that wants to lose money...i'm not going to complain!

I'm riding UNC -2 all the way to the bank.

awhitejackson

yUNeeC...why UNC??? cause it feels good..... I am all over this one, good sharp quick analysis....I love me some UNC minus whatever......

PsychoQ
    PsychoQ's Avatar Become A Pro!

One word here boys HEELS you saw what clemson did to duke if they come to play like that tomorrow this game will be stopped at halftime. Oh and when duke is down by 15 please watch coach k sit on the bench with his tail between his legs and give up he does this way to much.. I read this earlier and i think is saw someone say duke is a better coach team please explain i don't quit get that statement. And i hope my Henderson takes an elbow to the ****in mouth tomorrow night and looses 4 teeth.. Go Heels.. i don't see how they get beat yes its a rivalry but unc is just so much better but i guess since duke has the better coach that gives them the win in some peoples eyes.. He can sit over there and coach all he wants but when they execute what coach k says then its over... ANd yes that will happen!

PsychoQ

Oh for all you DUke lovers How many times has PsychoT lost Cameron indoor.. You don't have to reply to this because i already know the answer..

awhitejackson

I like you Psycho.... My thoughts exactly

PsychoQ

Morgantown Mind must think alike... Send me your money if your going to bet duke and ill place it on the rite team

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think of this parlay??
    UNC -1/Wake -3 pays +181

PsychoQ

What's the parlay pete??

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoQ View Post
    What's the parlay pete??
    added it above in my post

TPowell

guys, Duke couldnt beat UNC if they played on the ****ing moon. UNC is WAY too big and athletic for them. They'll push it all night and wear Duke down. Do you think Duke can stop Hansbrough inside???? Can they stop anybody inside? This Duke team is legit if they are playing a team with similar athletic ability, but UNC does not fit that bill.

PsychoQ

i have wake at-5.5 but if your getting them at 3 YES!!! i love it..

PsychoQ

Pete post on my 100$ experiment and tell me what you think of it so far please..

PsychoQ

one more thing you could put 8 cameron crazies plus dukes 5 on the floor and i would still take unc minus whatever...

WestsidePete

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoQ View Post
    i have wake at-5.5 but if your getting them at 3 YES!!! i love it..

No..bought it to 3...check out this one

3 team parlay
    UNC -2
    WAKE -3 (bought 3)
    HOUSTON -5 (bought 3) at SMU tomorrow

this one pays +382

PsychoQ

i don't know much about Houston so i have no comment..

sallysnax8
    sallysnax8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

my line already moved to unc -1.5 you guys sold me on it lets cash please.

123 Last