awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoQ View Post
    Morgantown Mind must think alike...
    Always...Lets cash this bitch......

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boys, did I miss something or did NC already win? Duke is my most hated program in the country, Coach K working the refs relentlessly! But man don't believe this is a gimme by no means.

What happens if Duke slows it up or NC gets in foul trouble? Frasor, Davis, Drew! Duke might not have depth, but right now NC doesn't have it either! Always been a NC fan, but bet with caution on this one. Can they keep winning at Cameron? Hopefully the refs will let them play?

MrMonkey

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

MrMonkey, good post. I like UNC at the current spread myself tonight. But the best part of this series is it brings the Duke haters out so blind with their distaste for the Blue Devils they couldn't be objective if they tried. Not unlike the Yankee haters; some people just can't stand the success of others. I'll be calling my UNC buddy over in Chapel Hill today to needle him a bit before the game and get him so riled up he'll have heartburn before the tip. That's what old guys do to each other to have some fun

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!
    Fischnasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

whether or not you agree with my statement about K being a better coach than williams, be careful with this game. Big game like this could go either way. The Heels are clearly not a flawless team (I cite their BC and more importantly their Wake Forest losses)? Smart money would be to watch the game for a bit and then live bet the shit out of it.

ACCBball
    ACCBball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

UNC, good value at this line

I agree that Duke is one of the most hated college basketball programs in the nation and that might make people take UNC just for that reason but I look at every matchup and cant figure out this line. Duke will definitley try to slow it down, no doubt about that and they play great man to man in a half court set, but I think UNC's transition game is too much for them. Even when UNC misses they have a huge advantage on the boards which should lead to alot of 2nd chance points.
    Duke looks tired, they looked tired the past two games and for a jump shooting team, thats not a good sign. If you watched Singler the past two games, his jump shot has been way off, and I think that continues tonight.
    I am betting big because on Monday I said the line would be UNC -6 and it comes out at 1.5, so to me there is great value in UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMonkey View Post
    Boys, did I miss something or did NC already win? Duke is my most hated program in the country, Coach K working the refs relentlessly! But man don't believe this is a gimme by no means.

What happens if Duke slows it up or NC gets in foul trouble? Frasor, Davis, Drew! Duke might not have depth, but right now NC doesn't have it either! Always been a NC fan, but bet with caution on this one. Can they keep winning at Cameron? Hopefully the refs will let them play?

MrMonkey

junkman773
    junkman773's Avatar Become A Pro!

NC -1.5 IMHO

PsychoQ
    PsychoQ's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't hate hate do yes i hate them but if the spread was rite i would take them. I just think duke is over ratted kinda like pitt if there spread is -1.5 next week ill bet my right nut..

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info. guys. Don't watch many games with work and stuff and everybody seems to be saying how tired Duke looks right now! I know awhitejackson will be on NC tonight. Good luck NC backers! McAdoo, Karl, Previs, Chamberlain, Wuycik, did Duke even play basketball back then! Willie Bee, I'm riled up right now!

MrMonkey
    Last edited by MrMonkey; 02-11-09 at 11:08 AM.

GODFATHER
    GODFATHER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 690

Hi All,

Let's not forget that NC wants this very bad. True we know the tarr heels can be beat. Straight up guys, Duke's performance has been very poor, and they have been looking wore out, on the other hand NC seems to be spanking along and getting over their mistakes and moving on.

NC for me the line is a gift. GL all

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i agree with all of u it looks like unc should roll. i just dont understand why spread so low and 90% are on the heels and spread isnt moving. is this a gift or trap?

tblueeyes
    tblueeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i agree with all of u it looks like unc should roll. i just dont understand why spread so low and 90% are on the heels and spread isnt moving. is this a gift or trap?

I could not agree more!!

redbull
    redbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 343

Hansbrough superman
    i take unc -1.5 and under 1st half 74.5 ( under )

yUNeeC
    yUNeeC's Avatar Become A Pro!

90% from THIS forum are on the Heels...the betting public is favoring Duke. This is unrealistic dookies giving everyone else a freebie.

PsychoQ
    PsychoQ's Avatar Become A Pro!

tbleeyes will u marry me!

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!

Quote Originally Posted by yUNeeC View Post
    90% from THIS forum are on the Heels...the betting public is favoring Duke. This is unrealistic dookies giving everyone else a freebie.
    looks to me like more people are picking UNC, at least on my site

TJT
    TJT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I started this thread and I know it won't be the end but here is my final say. I am very respective of Coach K and the Duke University program but UNC-1.5 or -2 is a gift in disguise. It is not a trap. The tarheels will do whatever it takes to win tonight. Tyler already has 3 wins at Cameron and if need be he could win this one himself. Not really but he can do what it takes to win. I would bet my house on it (I have actually bet a mohawk haircut and a little money). GL to all the UNC backers tonight. Lastly this is one of my first posts as I have diligently read and used this forum for over a year without posting. I would love to thank everyone who took the time to respond and I look forward to many more productive years with you people here at SBR.

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

this reminds me of when florida and florida state football was playing last year. Florida was playing at florida state and the line started out at 16.5 for Florida. Then as the game got closer it dropped down to 14.5 for Florida. I was capping that game all week and couldn't for the life of me see how Florida State would keep up. Yes, it was a big rivalry and Florida State was at home but I still didn't see how FSU would keep up with Florida. Even ESPN was predicting a FSU upset. I placed major money on Florida and watched the line go down as everybody on here was on Florida. yet the betting public was on Florida State and the points. To make a long story short, the game went just like I predicted. Florida won by 30 points. Well over the original 16.5 and game time 14.5. Yes, it was a big rivalry but Florida State was outmatched from the get go and it was clear. I think alot of people by into the "rivalry" thing and think that you can just throw stats out of the window because of a rivalry.

That can be furthest from the truth in my opinion. I think you have to look at how they're playing and being coached this year and look at match ups as well. If you consider all these things, Duke doesn't have a prayer. Maybe I'm wrong but I went huge on UNC -110. I just can't make a case for Duke to save my life..

2daBank

no at sports insights and also vegas insider they have the public pounding unc at a 87% clip at the moment. i do not base what public doing off of this site

2daBank

that being said if its a trap they got me because i can not see duke winning this game

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

honestly I hate Duke because they always get breaks and their student section is full of tards IMO. My team has outperformed Duke easily the last 4-5 years for the most part so I'm not jealous

el matador
    el matador's Avatar Become A Pro!

snevens,
    what do u think of the total duke unc set at 157...over or under?
    thks

strobeve
    strobeve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Got o/u at 155. Liking the over. UNC should be running all night, only chance for Duke is to be hitting the 3 ball. Paulus I believe is back in the starting lineup...adding experience, grit, and hustle. If he's hitting tonight Duke can keep this close and push it over.
    Staying away from the game, but like the over.

ZDAVIES8491
    ZDAVIES8491's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok guys, its official, laying the fkin WOOD on UNC tonight...

I posted my ticket, GL everybody this should be fun!

Straight Wager (DSI)
    CBB[591] NORTH CAR. -2-110 $5000.00 $4545.45

yUNeeC

no at sports insights and also vegas insider they have the public pounding unc at a 87% clip at the moment. i do not base what public doing off of this site

I apologize. I went to the matchup on this website and it said that the betting public is favoring Duke.

Guys, would this mean the bets on Duke are much more substantial, or that Vegas may be setting themselves up to lose a lot of money on this game?

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!

vegas does not set themselves up to lose money. this should be a close game as the spread indicates. live betting is the way to go

el matador
    el matador's Avatar Become A Pro!

thks strobeve for the good info...now that it's under 157; set at 154, im liking the over as well. Gl

Achilles15
    Achilles15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fischnasty View Post
    looks to me like more people are picking UNC, at least on my site

i just bet duke +3.5 at bodog, its the best bet on the card tonite

yUNeeC

Quote Originally Posted by Fischnasty View Post
    vegas does not set themselves up to lose money. this should be a close game as the spread indicates. live betting is the way to go
    Not what I'm asking. I'm saying if 90% are on UNC, then if Vegas is trying to keep things balanced, the bets that actually ARE on Duke should be a good deal bigger, correct? If not, Vegas is putting themselves in a position to either make bank tonight, or lose a LOT!

The public is saying UNC -6, but it's probably a (comparatively) few huge bets that are keeping the spread so small.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I don't understand the line at all but I do understand that the makers are better at this than I am.

yUNeeC

If Duke pulls out a close one, they pull out a close one. I just don't understand how anyone can call this game a trap! I've grown up with this rivalry, am a passionate UNC fan (am objective about both teams though), and just don't see how anyone could label it a trap haha. And I'm drunk. Went all in on UNC basically, had to make it so I wouldn't feel pain if the unthinkable happened! Haha, my gut just said "do it bra".

Mac4Lyfe

If Duke pulls out a close one, they pull out a close one. I just don't understand how anyone can call this game a trap! I've grown up with this rivalry, am a passionate UNC fan (am objective about both teams though), and just don't see how anyone could label it a trap haha. And I'm drunk. Went all in on UNC basically, had to make it so I wouldn't feel pain if the unthinkable happened! Haha, my gut just said "do it bra".
    Oh no, not another All In post...

yUNeeC

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Oh no, not another All In post...
    Haha, I'm not QUITE all in, I'm just saying i went big in this game. Anyway, I just don't see how Duke matches up, and they are on a down-trend. I figured its about as safe as a bet is going to get. Time will tell!

Mac4Lyfe

I bet pretty large on UNC as well. It looks like a gimme to me as well but I'm not playing so you never know.

sqvirrel
    sqvirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I guess I'm the only idiot at SBR. I don't think this game is bettable but every way I cap has Duke winning straight up. These teams are nearly even and Duke has a very strong home court.

GL to both sides, I got no dog in the fight, but I don't see what you-all see.

Mac4Lyfe

I see a Duke team that is struggling on offense. Henderson is there offense and I think UNC will shut him down. Duke also has trouble with athletic teams like already mentioned. UNC is 3-0 at Duke as well and the home team has lost 5 out of the last 6 games. Home court is huge as emotion is big in basketball. If the game is a slowdown half court game then Duke has a chance but I think this will be uptempo and will favor UNC.

Duke doesn't have the depth UNC has and don't be surprise to see them get into early foul trouble.

First 123 Last