Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Bearcats hand out 3, 6 game suspensions

UC suspensions
    CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati today announced the suspension of four men’s basketball student-athletes for their participation in a fight that brought a premature end to Saturday’s game at Xavier University.
    Yancy Gates, Octavius Ellis and Cheikh Mbodj will each be suspended for a total of six games and Ge’Lawn Guyn for one game. The suspensions will take effect immediately and will be concurrent with the NCAA-standard one-game mandated suspensions that would be applied to Gates and Mbodj for ejections from the game for fighting.
    “After reviewing all available video and giving due deliberation to the seriousness of this behavior, we have decided to take these actions,” said UC athletic director Whit Babcock. “We want to deal with this in a prompt and direct manner and send the message that we will not tolerate this from those who have the privilege of representing the University of Cincinnati.
    “We have advised the BIG EAST Conference of our decision and the measures we’re taking. I’m thankful for the full support of (UC) President (Gregory H.) Williams and (UC men’s basketball head coach) Mick Cronin.
    “Further, I want to apologize to our students, alumni, faculty and staff, as well as to our fans and community. We hold our student-athletes to a very high standard and take very seriously the role that our entire department plays in reflecting the overall image of this great university. We will continue to work diligently to represent the Bearcat family and the Cincinnati community in a first-class manner. There will be zero tolerance for a repeat of this behavior.”

Interesting to see what Xavier does.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gates should be thrown off the team

Sawsi
    Sawsi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    Agreed. Look at the Oregon - Blunt situation. Fairly similar.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11885

Quote Originally Posted by Sawsi View Post
    Agreed. Look at the Oregon - Blunt situation. Fairly similar.
    Was just going to mention this. No reason gates should be playing for the rest of the season.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Should Suh me off the Lions for the rest of the year? Just asking not defending.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Six games is a joke, perfectly coincides with missing only one Big East game @ Pitt where they'd get whooped regardless of personnel.

forloveofthegame
    forloveofthegame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    this.. six games is a joke

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Should Suh me off the Lions for the rest of the year? Just asking not defending.
    What Suh did is not even in the same ball park as sucker punching and stomping one ones head.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11885

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    imo yes, suh clearly isnt learning a lesson as he is repeating his mistakes, even after the special treatment meeting with goodell. The thing that aggravates me most about suh is that he acts innocent after the game, guy is a moron. But Gates deserves to sit out the rest of the year. It was a cheapshot, freese wasn't even engaged with him at the time, gates is a thug. If freese had been swinging back I would give Gates a bit of a pass, but that wasnt the case.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I would of went for 5 games, so they could be back for conference play...

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

Deuce he never stomped on anyone pal that was Suh. Your talking about Cheikh

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

What a joke. Gates should be gone for the year.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15313

Guys should have never been suspended at all but thanks to a public that has been brainwashed by the corrupt media they all line up like the little pussies they are and cry about any fight, unsportsmanlike act or late hit. Bunch of fukking pussies these days would have never made it if they were born 50 years earlier. Hopefully all these guys quit to teach that little pussy coach they got a lesson.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere

People are funny

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Both sides instigated what happened so I don't blame what Cincy did. Xavier wasn't anymore classier. Although Gates cheap shot should gave him 10 games.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Guys should have never been suspended at all but thanks to a public that has been brainwashed by the corrupt media they all line up like the little pussies they are and cry about any fight, unsportsmanlike act or late hit. Bunch of fukking pussies these days would have never made it if they were born 50 years earlier. Hopefully all these guys quit to teach that little pussy coach they got a lesson.
    Uh....No....