Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

How much does coaching matter in basketball?

Does in-game coaching matter all that much in basketball like it does in lets say football? The reason I ask is because of the Tenn State-Jacksonville St. line. -12 seems really high, considering Tenn state beat Jacksonville outright already?

Tenn's using an interim coach now i think, so would that (coupled w/ home advantage) put the line up to 12 like that? Do coaches do that much during a basketball game for it to make a big diff?

I still went with the +12.5 though...

007Fatty
    007Fatty's Avatar Become A Pro!

yess. they can make a big diff.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Does in-game coaching matter all that much in basketball like it does in lets say football? The reason I ask is because of the Tenn State-Jacksonville St. line. -12 seems really high, considering Tenn state beat Jacksonville outright already?

Tenn's using an interim coach now i think, so would that (coupled w/ home advantage) put the line up to 12 like that? Do coaches do that much during a basketball game for it to make a big diff?

I still went with the +12.5 though...
    That depends. Some teams are TEAMS. They run plays, they set up picks, they pass, they make assists... you get the picture. Some teams just get the ball to the big man, so they aren't really a team. Kind of like the difference between a musical group vs a singer and his backup band. Pink Floyd is a group, Genesis is Phil Collins and his backup band.

I don't know enough about Tenn State to know which kind of team they are.