cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for the Last Day on NCAA Threads Sunday 2/8/09

What a bad beat yesterday but I am back with

Portland St.-12.5 1st half Secret Play

CAVS-3.5 SUPER HEAVY (1 point buy beat the champs hex!)

I have accounted for everything I lost yesterday and i am going to make it back with this ONE PLAY.

Thank God for the NBA

Added Play,

Pho3nix32 Play OKC/Sacramento over 216.5
    Last edited by cocknocker; 02-08-09 at 02:45 AM.

VVET
    VVET's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portland state half?

woodyman
    woodyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK do you think the line will move much before Tip-off or take it now?

VVET
    VVET's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cavs -4.5 as we speak and -103....locking or waiting for more of the public move?

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by VVET View Post
    Cavs -4.5 as we speak and -103....locking or waiting for more of the public move?
    I'd get it in now. Slight reverse line movement early on already with 56% of the bettors on the Lake Show tomorrow. It scares me to death betting against Kobe because if they keep it close, then you know who has the ball at the end. I don't know if the Lakers can finish this road trip 6-0 but 5-1 at the end of it all is very good considering Bynum went down.

I am liking the T'Wolves vs the injury plagued Hornets. Despite Minnesota being on a back to back, I still like the way they've been playing in 2009 thus far. The Hornets were fortunate to beat the Raptors because it wasn't until late that they pulled away at the end. Al Jefferson should have a monster day again tomorrow and Foye should have his way with whoever is guarding him. The T'Wolves are only 2-2 ATS in their last 4 games against the Hornets at home with the two covers actually being SU victories but I like their chances tomorrow.

haserfauld
    haserfauld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

I bought the cavs to -2 for 5U, and hopefully tomorrow people pound the cavs and I can grab the lakers ML at decent value for a smaller hedge play (dont usually hedge, but it's different when betting against kobe) and hope to god they don't win by 1. I did that with the celts game and it cost me 1U in the end instead of like 6U.

What do you guys think?

natelli1
    natelli1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 642

the cavs have got to lose at least one home game, lakers are confident and ready to lay it on the cavs

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK, good luck this day my friend. time to regroup and recoup. leans for today:nba s.a.+7' nyn+8' n.o.-4 and my best play pho+1' as det is on a b/b and ot good luck everyone. p.s. not sure about a la/cle play as it's hard to give kobe 4' on national tv and cle will lose a home game but i'm just not sure this will be the one. i may just make it a no play and watch what should be a great game

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

GL CK im whit u on cavs game, saturday my worst day ever.2-8(WOW), i think cavs will cover this easy

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

i understand orlando has owned new jersey as of late, but 12 points? the nets are pretty hot right now, and the magics shall be of course without nelson, and i think they may be starting to settle down and come back to earth in the wake of his absence. they got molested in the game he went down in against the mavs, beat the clippers at the tail end of their horrific dip before they recently got back on track (well, got on track) and 100%, and went out to indiana and lost straight up. i'm not sure they're ready to be double digit faves to such a hot team. i know the nets are coming off a total blowout victory and this would be a good spot for them have a letdown, but i'm still not sure if i'm buying it. the nets are 16-5 in the back end of back to backs as of late as well. i think i like nets +12.

might anyone have any thoughts on this one?

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good win to start the weekend my friends! Now lets try to end the week on a high note:

line: sk@okc 216.5
    pick: 216.5 over

Some supporting trends for my lean:

- The over is 14-6 for the Thunder this season when playing against teams with a losing record.
    - The over is 15-7 for the Thunder this season when playing against poor defensive teams.

The Kings are pretty much an up and down team when it comes to totals this season. I believe though that they have enough firepower to match the recent level of play of the Thunder. Both teams are still considered horrible defensive teams. The Kings give up an average of 117 pts to the opponents per night, while the Thunder give up around 108 pts to their opponents per night. Look forward to a high scoring game tomorrow from both clubs to end the week folks!

cocknocker

Everybody better listen to pho3nix32. That is one hell of a play. And since we are going back to the NBA threads on Monday, I am going to have to pay attention to these kinds of plays again. That is a good pick. I think that i may have to carjack that one! Matter of fact.....I am!

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Everybody better listen to pho3nix32. That is one hell of a play. And since we are going back to the NBA threads on Monday, I am going to have to pay attention to these kinds of plays again. That is a good pick. I think that i may have to carjack that one! Matter of fact.....I am!
    thanks CK! hope we cash this one tomorrow!

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

pho3nix, i went back and forth on the side on this one and almost scratched the entire game off because the thought of taking either side gave me heart palpitations. and here you come to the rescue.

over it is...you're on fire with the totals.

cocknocker

Lakers just made a trade for Radmonivich to the Bobcats for Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown. That means the bench will be shorter and another guy will be starting who is not used to starting. Makes me feel good about the 5 dimes I put up on the Cavs, Minute mixing is in full effect combined with the Beat Boston Hex. Radmonovich was summoned FROM Cleveland, which means that whoever was not thinking of starting is now starting. I will not take the Cavs in the 1st half however, as i feel that a short bench means more KOBE, but in the end the Cavs can win by two baskets. I am so glad that i got the wager in early

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    pho3nix, i went back and forth on the side on this one and almost scratched the entire game off because the thought of taking either side gave me heart palpitations. and here you come to the rescue.

over it is...you're on fire with the totals.
    thanks for the vote of confidence texhooper

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't know if BMM was just talking to dex yesterday or just in general, but he was talking about posting records, so just for the heck of it, i'm going to do that for a while or until i get board or something...

4-1 yesterday... good start.

tomorrow, so far i like...

BOS -7.5 kinda surprised the public likes SA so much. I still don't think they can hang with boston... at least not in the garden. Spurs are very beatable on the road against good teams. Only real road surprise for me was ousting the jazz, but between the jazz injuries and struggles, i can only give them so much credit for that. I already played this game because i'll probably be asleep when it tips.

the rest of these are leans...

LAL +4 ... after the boston game i decided i was going to stop fading my team when they're catching points because they are now 4-0 ATS as dogs... i understand the post champ beating thing, but i just don't think kobe believes in let downs... lakes and cavs are the only two teams not to drop the next game ATS after beating boston

DET -1.5 ... i know back to back, OT and all, but they just own the suns and the suns have lost all my faith in them

GS +2... the jazz aren't going to keep winning on the road and i'm going to keep playing GS as home dogs until they quit covering.

POR -8... coming off that spanking by durant, i have to think the blazers will make the knicks pay for it. Plus the way that line came out at 8.5 and withstood the barrage of morrison bets without moving, i have to think the books know that portland will adminster a beating..

I definitely won't be playing all of those games, especially since i'd have to fade a quality system 3 times, but that's what caught my eye so far and that's what i'll be sleeping on.

strybie
    strybie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1477

LAL +4,5 and ML : first home loss for Cleveland

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

CLE is 5-2 ATS and 5-1 SU against LAL at home, add that this is LA 6th road game and they finally want to get home, plus they just won against the defending champ, plus early start, plus Cle wants this one badly after a huge loss against La in January, plus Cle is 18-5 ATS at home

I say take Cleveland -3.5 and get our losses back from the SP (I wont put as much as ck on it, but it is enough to recoup half of the losses I took due to the SP yesterday)

BBL games to follow, whatever I know what I will play so here it is:
    Cologne +7 (or more by gametime), won the first game by 2, 3-1 SU (won by 11,15 and 5) at home against Oldenburg (best record in the BBL this year), but Cologne will be ready for this game, they are fired up and they will play them tough today at home in their house, Oldenburg probably wins it but not by more than 7, 11 am EST start

leans (only half of what I normally play on the first two games and nothin on the last one for me)
    Bonn +1 (if Berlin would have won against Real, this would be an official play), Bonn has Berlins number at home 8-2 SU, but dont get me wrong, I dont expect a close game here, I have Bonn winning this one by 6, so I am a liitle bit surprised, but Berlin are the Lakers/Celtics of the BBL...., and Bonn lost the first game by 7 only and that only because of a really bad first qtr, 9am EST start

Bremerhaven +7, I dont know, Bremerhaven played so bad in the first half of the season only winning 1 game and now they started the 2nd half with two huge wins (7 point underdog both times if I remember correctly), this team is clicking right now, but could also only be luck ? well we will see, 10 am EST start

Ludwigsburg +1.5, won the first game in Bamberg by 7 and now at home getting points, only bad thing is they are only 1-3 SU at home vs Bamberg, so this is really the game I feel the least confident about today, 11 am EST start

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

even though the lakers did come back to win next game after their early season boston win, this is a much different/tougher spot for them - so i'll stay with the "boston hex" angle here. the cavs are a dominant group at home, and will looking to avenge an early season loss at la. they were in that game for most, then fell apart late as the lakers pulled away. cavs are 3-2 ats the last 5 at home to la, winning 4 of 5 su by an avg margin of 7 ppg. projected line of cavs -3.5.

-cavs (big)
    the magic will be playing off a su loss (7-4 ats the following game this year) at home to the nets - who are coming in on a btb travel from their blowout win in nj vs the nuggets. the magic are 3-1 ats the last 4 at home to nj winning by an avg margin of 19ppg in the 3 su wins..

-magic

*i really wanted to play the warriors as well over utah, but bierdrins is now out, so not sure how the warriors will play without their 13/12 big man. he may be out till after the all star break.

Dexter
    Update your status

wang - there are rumors swirling about shaq/amare being traded - nice call on the pistons (even off an OT game)

as for the line on the cavs game - i had mine at 3.5 - would be shocked if it went higher then 4.5. think it may actually go down more towards tip-off.
    Last edited by Dexter; 02-08-09 at 08:20 AM.

Dexter
    Update your status

2/9/08-

ok, no more talking about it. its time for to start playing the clippers. the bobcats will be on a btb, while the clips are rested and waiting in charl - hot off of 2 nice road wins. the clippers are 4-0 ats the last 4 trips to charl, and have won 3 of those games su. projected line of +2.5

-clippers (big)
    the old suns are a state of flux right now, with trade rumors swirling around their star plays - they will be on a btb from det to philly, and catch a sixer team that is back on track after brand went down again. projected line of -3.

-sixers
    Last edited by Dexter; 02-08-09 at 08:08 AM.

coolkaren
    coolkaren's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=cocknocker;1502756]What a bad beat yesterday but I am back with

CAVS-3.5 SUPER HEAVY (1 point buy beat the champs hex!)

I have accounted for everything I lost yesterday and i am going to make it back with this ONE PLAY.

Thank God for the NBA[quote]

How much is that you have accounted for - assuming you are not only boasting when you always claim about the RECKLESS ABANDON you have applied to your secret plays. Is this not in any way contradictory to the MONEY MANAGEMENT that you have always self-proclaimed to be - CK IS ALL ABOUT ..........?

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

not a horrible day for me yesterday in pucks,3-2 record. 17-7 last 24 that ive posted here,not a big board today in hockey but I love 2 games today

Detroit -135
    Philly/Atlanta over 6

coolmil
    coolmil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    CK, lets get them. New + streak. Thanks for info.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

cle up to -5 across the board on all big online books now
    again what was the best site to track the money ? besides thespread.com

edit:
    also thinking about getting a new cell phone, not sure what to get, either a blackberry storm or an iphone or is there something even better ?

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan19 View Post
    cle up to -5 across the board on all big online books now
    again what was the best site to track the money ? besides thespread.com
    sportsinsights

Dexter
    Update your status

danrman - you're a big laker guy, and i have seen you go against them. whats your thoughts on this game?

hockeytown11

how can anyone play the la/clev game with any confdence? this has no play written all over it,you can come up with tons of reasons to play both teams

Dexter
    Update your status

RLM -

-65% of the public on LA
    -line has gone from 4 to 5

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Morning all, hockeytown, nice picks in pucks.

Am looking at the following too in pucks,
    Atlanta(letdown for Phil after beating Bos, flu bug has hit Phil)
    Dallas (Nashville has scored 2 goals or less last 11 out of 12 times on the road playing a hot Dallas team)

Andy/hockeytown thoughts?

hockeytown11

I cant put money on Atlanta right now,they are defensive mess,so instead I love playing overs in their games,this team plays zero defense. As far as Dallas/Nash goes I was leaning towards under in this game but havent decided so at this point I only played the 2 games,there is strong chance Ill add Nashville/Dallas under,I still dont trust Dallas to lay 175 on them but after scoring 167 goals last game I can totally see a 2-1 game.

hockeytown11

Also Dallas DAY games always have TERRIBLE ICE. Its hot in Tx during the day,ice is much better in night games. Bad ice usually means under the number.

hockeytown11

I in fact am adding a 3rd play,my FINAL puck card is

Detroit -135
    Atlanta over 6
    Dallas under 5.5

cocknocker

WEll boys and girls I'll be clipping all day again today, but I should be finished by tonight. It's beena long tedious process but the finish line is in sight...

1234 ... Last