jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone got this Iowa/Northern Iowa game?

LOL, such a joke... refs are so biased in favor of Northern Iowa that it is a joke... like 3 technical fouls on Iowa here in the 2nd half, Iowa had got it down to 1 and then Northern Iowa shot about 12 free throws in 30 seconds to put the game away.

Hope there is an investigation here. Not a large bet by any means but these refs should be fired so it doesn't happen again.

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 368

Tried watching some of it on ESPN3 but it's not working for me right now. Have a small play on Northern Iowa.

jimmyeatworld

Game is equally physical on both sides but 25-4 free throw disparity in favor of northern iowa.

safe to say these refs will probably be fired on the spot once the NCAA sees video of this game.

jimmyeatworld

Quote Originally Posted by msutter View Post
    Tried watching some of it on ESPN3 but it's not working for me right now. Have a small play on Northern Iowa.
    you get a tip? This game was more fixed than any game I've ever seen in any sport.

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post
    you get a tip? This game was more fixed than any game I've ever seen in any sport.
    I'm a Big Ten fan. Iowa has been pretty bad since Alford was chased out. Northern Iowa is solid again this year.

jimmyeatworld

I'm a Big Ten fan. Iowa has been pretty bad since Alford was chased out. Northern Iowa is solid again this year.
    That is really irrelevant. The game was 46-45 and then the officials took over and gave Northern Iowa 10 straight BS free throws.

Iowa is terrible, no doubt about that, but they were pretty likely to cover that +9 I got without the cheating officials.

If you doubt me, go back and watch the game with an open mind and if you can still say that the game wasn't horribly officiated, by all means.

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL, such a joke... refs are so biased in favor of Northern Iowa that it is a joke... like 3 technical fouls on Iowa here in the 2nd half, Iowa had got it down to 1 and then Northern Iowa shot about 12 free throws in 30 seconds to put the game away.

Hope there is an investigation here. Not a large bet by any means but these refs should be fired so it doesn't happen again.

I love how this is the auto response whenever someone regrets their bet. Seems to happen when you take a road dog more than anything. I did used to use this one a few years ago, but realize its how every college game has gone in the history of mankind.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

I had a feeling that would happen when I looked at the halftime stats and saw so many guys on Iowa with 2 fouls, had a feeling the refs wouldnt let Iowa back into the game.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

safe to say these refs will probably be fired on the spot once the NCAA sees video of this game.
    You sir are a moron.

Quit crying about your losing ticket. Lot of fukkin crybabies on SBR tonight.

jimmyeatworld

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    You sir are a moron.

Quit crying about your losing ticket. Lot of fukkin crybabies on SBR tonight.
    Guaranteed you didn't watch the game.

Go watch the game and then eat crow you baby back bitch.

jimmyeatworld

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    I had a feeling that would happen when I looked at the halftime stats and saw so many guys on Iowa with 2 fouls, had a feeling the refs wouldnt let Iowa back into the game.
    Obviously refs were on Northern Iowa... no one who watched the game would doubt it.

jimmyeatworld

33 free throws to 9.

And the funny thing is, Northern Iowa was actually more physical defensively.

snoopaloop31
    snoopaloop31's Avatar Become A Pro!

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched the first half and it looked fine there. Quit cryin, these games go in your favor all the time you just never notice it.

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO

That is really irrelevant. The game was 46-45 and then the officials took over and gave Northern Iowa 10 straight BS free throws.

Iowa is terrible, no doubt about that, but they were pretty likely to cover that +9 I got without the cheating officials.

If you doubt me, go back and watch the game with an open mind and if you can still say that the game wasn't horribly officiated, by all means.
    It's not irrelevant. Iowa is overvalued because they're known and play in a major conference. The casual bettor has no clue that Northern Iowa is the better team and the line isn't what it should be. Usually when the little brother in state school gets a shot at big brother it's a much bigger game for the smaller in state school players. UIC was the worst team in the Horizon league last year and they upset the Illini. Iowa being overvalued and Northern Iowa being undervalued was the key to this bet

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guaranteed you didn't watch the game.

Go watch the game and then eat crow you baby back bitch.
    Your bet loses so of course its the refs fault right?

Maybe you should do some research on the games and then pick a side instead of just seeing a game where Iowa (a team you have heard of) is a 7-8 point dog to N. Iowa (a team you have never heard of) and taking the team you know.

jimmyeatworld

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Your bet loses so of course its the refs fault right?

Maybe you should do some research on the games and then pick a side instead of just seeing a game where Iowa (a team you have heard of) is a 7-8 point dog to N. Iowa (a team you have never heard of) and taking the team you know.
    This is unreal. Northern Iowa is obviously the better basketball program, this had nothing to do with name... it was a rivalry game and was 46-45 before Northern Iowa shot 12 free throws in a minute.

You're right though, I should have been aware that the refs would call 6 technical fouls on Iowa. Completely normal...

jimmyeatworld

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post
    I watched the first half and it looked fine there. Quit cryin, these games go in your favor all the time you just never notice it.
    So let me get this straight... you watched the first half, proving that my complaint about the 2nd half is invalid?

Don't procreate, buddy.

jimmyeatworld

10:44Josh Oglesby made Jumper.45-46 10:21Foul on Melsahn Basabe45-46 10:21 45-47Austin Pehl made Free Throw. 10:21 45-47Austin Pehl missed Free Throw. 10:19Matt Gatens Defensive Rebound.45-47 10:03Josh Oglesby missed Three Point Jumper.45-47 10:00 45-47Austin Pehl Defensive Rebound. 9:56 45-47Anthony James missed Layup. 9:54Matt Gatens Defensive Rebound.45-47 9:48Foul on Zach McCabe45-47 9:48Team Technical Foul45-47 9:48 45-48Anthony James made Free Throw. 9:48 45-49Anthony James made Free Throw. 9:48 45-50Anthony James made Free Throw. 9:48Zach McCabe Turnover.45-50 9:48Technical Foul on Zach McCabe45-50 9:31Technical Foul on Zach McCabe45-50 9:31Foul on Zach McCabe45-50 9:48 45-51Anthony James made Free Throw. 9:31 45-52Johnny Moran made Free Throw. 9:31Foul on Zach McCabe45-52 9:31 45-53Seth Tuttle made Free Throw. 9:31 45-54Johnny Moran made Free Throw. 9:31 45-55Seth Tuttle made Free Throw.

jimmyeatworld

5:03Foul on Andrew Brommer47-61 5:03 47-62Marc Sonnen made Free Throw. 5:03 47-63Marc Sonnen made Free Throw. 4:51Matt Gatens missed Jumper.47-63 4:48 47-63Marc Sonnen Defensive Rebound. 4:46Team Technical Foul47-63 4:46 47-64Anthony James made Free Throw. 4:46 47-65Anthony James made Free Throw. 4:43Foul on Roy Devyn Marble47-65 4:43 47-66Marc Sonnen made Free Throw. 4:43 47-67Marc Sonnen made Free Throw.

jimmyeatworld

Quote Originally Posted by ThingsFallApart View Post

Never won a bet because of 6 technical fouls and 20 free throws in the span of a few minutes. Ever.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

This is unreal. Northern Iowa is obviously the better basketball program, this had nothing to do with name... it was a rivalry game and was 46-45 before Northern Iowa shot 12 free throws in a minute.

You're right though, I should have been aware that the refs would call 6 technical fouls on Iowa. Completely normal...
    Iowa had 6 technicals?

jimmyeatworld

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Iowa had 6 technicals?

Might have been 5, but you realize that is splitting hairs right?

Watched the game over again to get some perspective and the defensive intensity is about the same on both sides, yet one side shot over 300% the free throws.

Been watching basketball for a long time, never seen a game this biased towards one side. This was only a one unit play... wish i had no money on it so I could just marvel at the ridiculousness of it.

jimmyeatworld

It's not irrelevant. Iowa is overvalued because they're known and play in a major conference. The casual bettor has no clue that Northern Iowa is the better team and the line isn't what it should be. Usually when the little brother in state school gets a shot at big brother it's a much bigger game for the smaller in state school players. UIC was the worst team in the Horizon league last year and they upset the Illini. Iowa being overvalued and Northern Iowa being undervalued was the key to this bet
    Actually, I knew how bad Iowa was going into this game. No good team loses at home by double digits to the fighting camels.

But it is a rivalry game, so I knew it'd be close, and it was, it was 46-45 with 12 or so left, so my +9 looked great, until the officials just took over the game and gave Northern Iowa 25 free throws in the last 12 minutes of play.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Might have been 5, but you realize that is splitting hairs right?

Watched the game over again to get some perspective and the defensive intensity is about the same on both sides, yet one side shot over 300% the free throws.

Been watching basketball for a long time, never seen a game this biased towards one side. This was only a one unit play... wish i had no money on it so I could just marvel at the ridiculousness of it.
    Try 3.

I'm not saying there weren't some bad calls, but "never seen a game this biased towards one side"? Hell, there's practically a game like this a night.