zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Good info here, RoadDog. Thanks. I hadn't noticed how overvalued Tulane might be. Giving a serious look at this Wofford play.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

would need +5 or better for me to back wofford here they're atrocious gl

bigjah15
    bigjah15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

i see tulane winning by atleast 8 or 9. I got them at -3. Bol to all

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am now more confident than ever here after all the Tulane love (which is pretty unwarranted since they havnt played anyone). Wofford at home ML is my play
    Last edited by +Even; 12-06-11 at 01:52 PM.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    I am not more confident than ever here after all the Tulane love (which is pretty unwarranted since they havnt played anyone). Wofford at home ML is my play

RoadDog

But I'll probably take the 3 points and put a little on the ML

shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm passing on this game and am rooting for you, however you haven't given much reasoning other then a few power rankings stats to back this play! Have you seen worried play, some decent guard play no big men, poor defensive discipline. You say you capped it at wofford -3?? And they were getting two when you originally posted that's a I've point swing?! Now you are saying you'd put a moderate play?? Even you are backing off a bit! Be careful some posters blindly tail and you could e convincing someone to hammer a team you are only moderately betting.

I know it's not your fault if someone doesn't do their homework but at the same time we all want to win. You pump them up Like they are going to win big, then later say you are only playing a moderate bet! Then say that tulane could blow them out?! C'mon man! I hope you cash but let not convince someone to lay the lummber if you yourself are weary...

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

RoadDog

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    No. If you read the boards you know I'm not that kind of person. Tulane is vastly overrated as they have played the 345th hardest schedule (thats dead last). They just played their biggest game of the year at home against Georgia Tech. It was their game to prove they weren't a joke. Georgia Tech is a very very mediocre to below average squad and they gave Tulane all they could handle. It was also GT's first road game of the year.

So, Tulane is now traveling to Wofford coming off a tough emotional game. I'm sure the Wofford's students and players are excited to face off against a 9-0 team. More importantly than that, Wofford is battle tested, already having played at Wisconsin, losing by 3 at Davidson and spanking The Citadel at home by 19 in their last game. Wofford has the 83rd ranked strength of schedule. They've played the big games. They are at home. Tulane has played one true road game and it was against a terrible Navy team. Tulane won by 2 in that game.

Wofford's offense doesnt rank too well but that's because they have played very stiff defensive competition. Tulane has boasted some good defensive numbers, but again, against who? And they're always doing this at HOME. Tulane's offense ranks pretty poorly for the horrible defensive teams they have faced. Their one game on the road, they were held to 57 pts by Navy.

Defensively, Wofford ranks in the middle of the pack, although they have played a schedule full of good offensive teams. I feel that home court advantage is going to be way too much for Tulane to overcome here. Wofford is a lot better than Navy and I'm certain the atmosphere at Wofford will be much more intimidating.

But, as well all know anything can happen and Tulane may come out and win by 20. But after capping this game I feel like this line should be flipped, having Wofford at +2.5. Don't know if this will be a play for me. Will wait til tomorrow.
    As you can see from my initial post, I said "But, as well all know anything can happen and Tulane may come out and win by 20. But after capping this game I feel like this line should be flipped, having Wofford at -2.5" Don't know if this will be a play for me. Will wait til tomorrow." I put this line in there because there's always people that tail blindly and lose then blame others. I NEVER once said this is a big play for me. I even said "I DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL BE A PLAY FOR ME"

I'm glad you're looking out for people's money, so am i. I wouldnt irresponsibly hype up a game then back off.

RoadDog

Furthermore, Shawn, you said that I havent given much reasoning other than power rankings stats. Do you think that's all I base my picks off of? No. I was simply giving basic reasons why the line isnt as good as it seems for Tulane.

+Even

People said all the same things about Wofford when I bet them against Davidson at home.....that ticket cashed though just like this one will.

Burt Warner
    Burt Warner's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I am jumping on this play, I've let Vegas take my money to many times with these sucker bets, accompanied with RODOGS input (Look at his input from Detroit last night not only covering but winning outright, also last week his input in Minnesota vs Virginia), at the end of the day if the lines to good to be true then its just that to good to be true, hence take underdog, I.E. Falcons -1 Sunday to lose outright @Houston. Btw not only does the BCS screw teams over year after year, but would it be to hard to have the #2 and #3 BCS teams face off in a one game playoff to play #1 team for the "ship".

RoadDog

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Warner View Post
    I think I am jumping on this play, I've let Vegas take my money to many times with these sucker bets, accompanied with RODOGS input (Look at his input from Detroit last night not only covering but winning outright, also last week his input in Minnesota vs Virginia), at the end of the day if the lines to good to be true then its just that to good to be true, hence take underdog, I.E. Falcons -1 Sunday to lose outright @Houston. Btw not only does the BCS screw teams over year after year, but would it be to hard to have the #2 and #3 BCS teams face off in a one game playoff to play #1 team for the "ship".
    Lol, thanks Burt. Yea, Detroit was nice yesterday. But I have had some losses sprinkled in haha. Just make sure you know that. I agree with you on some sort of playoff. Oklahoma St. got screwed.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

over is the correct pick

Burt Warner

drfunkmaster jw but got any trends or info to back up the love for the "over"

+Even

Instead of us needing to defend and give reasons to take Wofford at home +3 points can any of you Tulane backers give me a reason why they are a good bet as a road favorite when they havent played any real teams all year long? (outside of Georgia Tech )

Sure they are 7-0 but the teams they've played have a combined record of 19-41 not counting the Div.III school they beat. hahaha

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

Instead of us needing to defend and give reasons to take Wofford at home +3 points can any of you Tulane backers give me a reason why they are a good bet as a road favorite when they havent played any real teams all year long? (outside of Georgia Tech )

Sure they are 7-0 but the teams they've played have a combined record of 19-41 not counting the Div.III school they beat. hahaha
    Maybe explain why Wofford is a good bet when they lost on a neutral site to a team who lost 31-77 to Wisconsin

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post
    Maybe explain why Wofford is a good bet when they lost on a neutral site to a team who lost 31-77 to Wisconsin
    hmmmm well wisconsin is a top 20 team.....and this game isnt being played on a neutral court it's being played at Wofford. FYI your post makes zero sense and the example you gave doesnt correlate at all. How bout the fact that Tulane has played one road game and in it they beat NAVY by two points. LOL

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmmmm well wisconsin is a top 20 team.....and this game isnt being played on a neutral court it's being played at Wofford. FYI your post makes zero sense and the example you gave doesnt correlate at all. How bout the fact that Tulane has played one road game and in it they beat NAVY by two points. LOL
    Just saying, Wisconsin may be good, but losing to them by 46 is evidence that that team doesn't belong in D1 hoops at all... and Wofford lost to them. If they can lose to a team that doesn't belong in D1 hoops, they can certainly (and will) lose to Tulane.

shawnjohn5

I'm not backing either, their are a couple games I like much much better. However I'm simply saying don't pump a team up so much that others might be convinced to bet big then say you are playing moderately! Makes no sense!! Someone who was leaning woffird might now go large based on what you said only to see an hour later you are back tracking!! Specifically addressing the thread creator

+Even

+Even

My bet on Wofford isnt so much a bet on Wofford.....it's a bet AGAINST the hugely overvalued Tulane

RoadDog

Shawn I dont know if you cant read or if you're just that unintelligent, but i just posted my initial post. Never said i was going big, never tried to hype people up to play it. I actually said i dont know if i will be playing it in my first post. Then today I said i will be playing it moderately. So i went from saying I dont know if its a play, to saying its a moderate play. Get your sh*t straight, ace.

+Even

Not to mention that one must ask themselves.......who the **** cares what idiots do because of what they read in a forum?

shawnjohn5

That's why I said that! Most the people in this thread care or they wouldn't b reading!! What are you laying on wofford tonight or are you here just to troll! Apparently it's not to discuss things!

Burt Warner

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyeatworld View Post

Just saying, Wisconsin may be good, but losing to them by 46 is evidence that that team doesn't belong in D1 hoops at all... and Wofford lost to them. If they can lose to a team that doesn't belong in D1 hoops, they can certainly (and will) lose to Tulane.
    I am so confused here "Jimmyeatworld", it may be the stupidly hot woman you have as your pic, or the fact your statement flat out doesn't make sense, and I am not busting balls here just trying to make money, I posted what you had said, can you clarify what you ment here please.

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by shawnjohn5 View Post
    That's why I said that! Most the people in this thread care or they wouldn't b reading!! What are you laying on wofford tonight or are you here just to troll! Apparently it's not to discuss things!

I'm betting on Wofford, I posted that play. The issue I have is that roaddog posted his play, he said he likes Wofford. If people are going to bet huge amounts because they think he loves them, when in fact he just moderately likes them or whatever the ****....then that's their perogative. But anyone that makes bets (or alters their bet size) because of what a stranger posts in a forum is a losing bettor anyways. So again I ask.....Who the **** cares what those idiots do?

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

I appreciate the heads up regarding Tulane. I do see now that they are overvalued, and that info might come in handy (especially if they win this one and stay undefeated). But I have looked into this, and I'm not going to back Wofford today. Wofford is bad. I think the best thing that Wofford has done is play Davidson close. And that's not enough for me to put money on them, especially in light of the line movement. I'll be watching the outcome. Good luck to those who play it. I hope you cash.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Can you explain some of Wofford's losses, like to UKMC?

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Can you explain some of Wofford's losses, like to UKMC?
    I forget....was that game at Wofford? No, it wasnt. Stop asking me to explain things that arent comprable. They are 2-1 at home with huge blowouts (against bad teams) and a very close loss at home to Davidson. Again this is not a bet I'm making because I think Wofford is a bunch of world beaters. I'm making this bet because Tulane has ABSOLUTELY ZERO BUSINESS being favored on the road here. They only are because of their record, simple as that. Luckily for me I do more than look at a teams record, and actually look at the teams they played to get that record.

Burt Warner

At the end of the day (well before the game starts of course lol) no matter who you bet in this game, no matter who's advice you take, does the line not make you at all curious, or wonder, "Why the hell is Tulane 2 2.5 fave" especially if Woffords so awful and have some big losses. Have almost 75% of the public betting a undefeated team, yet they just now are at 3 points? FISHY

RoadDog

At the end of the day (well before the game starts of course lol) no matter who you bet in this game, no matter who's advice you take, does the line not make you at all curious, or wonder, "Why the hell is Tulane 2 2.5 fave" especially if Woffords so awful and have some big losses. Have almost 75% of the public betting a undefeated team, yet they just now are at 3 points? FISHY
    Good points, Burt. The point I'm trying to make to everyone here is that yes, Tulane may very well win this game, but before everyone goes out and places bets on a team that's 9-0 just because they see a small line and think Wofford's horrible, do a little research. The play is either Wofford or nothing. There is absolutely no value to take Tulane here. If Tulane wins, its not going to be easy.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

What you mean why only two? Thats equivalent to being favored by 8 at home, this is Tulane's first true road test. I kinda iffy on my bet but I made it and if I feel I wanna change at the half I will.

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

ooOOoOOoOOOO....they "spanked" citadel at home....that's a good reason to bet on em.

RoadDog

Tulane now -1.5 with 73% of bets coming in on them.

First 123 Last