Betpoints: 2452

4Team Teaser

December 5th, 2011

4 Team Teaser CBB (Risk $30 to win $90)

St. Johns +4
    Providence -8 1/2
    DePaul +1
    Elon +3

Thoughts on my chances will be appreciated.

clevelandpride
    clevelandpride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i like everything but SJU. I would tease it and take the under in that game instead

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandpride View Post
    i like everything but SJU. I would tease it and take the under in that game instead
    Thanks, why don't you like SJU?

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandpride View Post
    Couldnt agree more. I'm leaning Detroit and the under.

Ambition
    The Professor

Can you give me reasons on why I should change it to Detroit? I'm all for changing it, I like SJU especially with the points but, if your going to give me valid reasons I could be persuaded.

RoadDog

First, just want to preface this with saying both of these teams are very untrustworthy and anything can happen in this game.

Detroit's ranked a little better than average in overall offensive production even though they've played extremely above-average defensive competition. Detroit's defensive is slightly above average than the national average even though they have played above average offensive competition.

On the other side, offensively St. John's is almost identical to Detroit, yet St. John's has played much lesser defensive competition than Detroit has. St. John's ranks pretty well defensively but has played more offensively challenged teams than Detroit.

I would never trust St. John's with my money, ESPECIALLY on the road. What worries me is that I'm not sure Detroit knows how to really finish and win a game. On the other hand, in a true road game, I'm not sure St. John's does either.

Tip: I dont know how much of a tip this is, but take it for what you will. Detroit's court is being dedicated to Dicky V tonight in a Pre-Game ceremony. Should have the stadium and the kids pumped up.

RoadDog

Plus look at the RLM.

Everyone and their brother is on St. John's, yet the line is going down....Just something to think about.

Ambition
    The Professor

Thank you for all your thoughts and I truly believe it's just going to be a toss-up and with home-field advantage Detroit could take this one but, hopefully it's within 4 points.

RoadDog

I feel the best bet on this game is wait until tip so you can hopefully get Detroit up to +2 or +2.5 and put a little on the ML

Ambition
    The Professor

Thank you again for your insight.