+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 plays I'm looking at for today. Thoughts?

I'm trying to tone things back a bit and be very very selective in my bets from here on out. It seems to me that aciton is a bettors worst enemy. Here's what I'm looking at for today....Anyone have some good reasons why these are not good plays?

Ark. St. +3.5
    DePaul -2.5

+Even

Alright I talked myself out of Arkansas State.....Can anyone talk me out of DePaul?

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like DePaul myself, but the thing you need to know when betting DePaul at home is that they play 40 minutes away from their campus. They also play in a stadium that holds 20,000 people. Needless to say their games draw about 1,500 people (14 of them being screaming DePaul students)

So if you're ever betting DePaul and you're factoring in home court advantage, dont. They dont have any.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Austin Peay's best player has been out since the first game of the season. If he is still out, then fade them.

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    I like DePaul myself, but the thing you need to know when betting DePaul at home is that they play 40 minutes away from their campus. They also play in a stadium that holds 20,000 people. Needless to say their games draw about 1,500 people (14 of them being screaming DePaul students)

So if you're ever betting DePaul and you're factoring in home court advantage, dont. They dont have any.

I live in Chicago about 3 blocks from the DePaul campus.....I know very well that their homecourt isnt much of a homecourt advantage at all. You also need to consider that DePaul is on winter break right now so there will probably be even fewer fans there tonight.

I'm just looking at a line that looks much smaller than it should be because of Milwaukees record.....problem for Milwaukee is that they have gotten fat on a very very easy schedule. DePaul seems much better than years past and I don't see them having trouble taking this game down.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Peay steamed to -4.5

Galante118
    Galante118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 919

wont lie im nervous about the depaul game. every single capper i like (all hittin 59% or over) is on them today. most might think thats a good thing and i did put a few units on it but when every person seems to be on the same side it often doesnt end up pretty BOL!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

APSU's best player is Edmonson right? I don't see how anybody would be better than him

+Even

I really can't see a reason not to bet DePaul.....aside from the fact that a large percentage of bettors are taking DePaul (which isnt a good enough reason in and of itself not to bet them).

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    APSU's best player is Edmonson right? I don't see how anybody would be better than him
    John Fraley C.

Best big man scorer, and top rebounder.

Thunders77
    Thunders77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does AP have that much of a Home Court Advantage? As Arkansas St. seems to matchup better in most other phases, in what I have seen.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    John Fraley C.

Best big man scorer, and top rebounder.

idk, he's a solid player but Edmonson got minutes for St Johns before he transferred