RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does Iona not cover 13.5 tonight?

Someone tell me.

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

I leaned Canisius initially myself but decided to stay away from the game. It seems to me that big road favorites in conference have a way of letting you down. Also look at the last 4 games between these conference foes @ Canisius:

Iona 73 Canisius 75
    Iona 65 Canisius 77
    Iona 78 Canisius 77
    Iona 57 Canisius 52

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    I leaned Canisius initially myself but decided to stay away from the game. It seems to me that big road favorites in conference have a way of letting you down. Also look at the last 4 games between these conference foes @ Canisius:

Iona 73 Canisius 75
    Iona 65 Canisius 77
    Iona 78 Canisius 77
    Iona 57 Canisius 52

Iona will probably win by 11.

delfam
    delfam's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah but IONA has never had a team this good so why would looking at past games matter.

RoadDog

Momo Jones may be the difference this year. Although, I do remember Iona conveniently blowing a pretty big lead late against Western Michigan and screwing everyone on a cover. Maybe they're not the best team to trust with my money. No Coin, what's your favorite play on the board right now?

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by delfam View Post
    yeah but IONA has never had a team this good so why would looking at past games matter.

Iona has had over 20 wins the past two seasons. How a teams plays other teams in their conference in past years plays a role in my capping so it matters to me. Perhaps not you though.

delfam
    delfam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    Iona has had over 20 wins the past two seasons. How a teams plays other teams in their conference in past years plays a role in my capping so it matters to me. Perhaps not you though.
    IONA has never had MoMo Jones in the past though, he's probably the best recruit they've ever had, put on top of that Scott Machado is playing the best ball of his life and is probably the best PG in the Country and I see IONA blowing this team out.

+Even

I'm passing on this game myself but there is no way I'd bet Iona in this spot on the road as a huge favorite against a conference opponent that they often play tight. Especially when the numbers I'm looking at show Iona is getting 82% of the action right now.

RoadDog

Pass for me as well. I'm with you on the Georgia line being way off. Cincinnati hasnt played a game outside of their own gym this year.

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

cansius top 3 out of four scorers are 6'2 guards with the 2 main scores being guards. Normally cansius can attack with small ball lineup and having a good backcourt. IONA's 2 guards are great. Machado and momo jones are lethal and in the first conference game i can see iona having something extra to prove. The veteran laden team lost in the championship game, so they know that each conference game matters and are on a mission. Conversley Cansius is young, really young and there center averages like 3 rebounds per game.

Im surprised that kenpom only has iona up by 13, but im banking on that we havent seen the best out of a 4-1 squad and canisius will be more worried about where there drinking out after the game. I got iona by 20+

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    Momo Jones may be the difference this year. Although, I do remember Iona conveniently blowing a pretty big lead late against Western Michigan and screwing everyone on a cover. Maybe they're not the best team to trust with my money. No Coin, what's your favorite play on the board right now?
    As of right now, Nevada.

cobeez
    cobeez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I personally think the better bet may be Iona -7.5 1st half. They will get off to a fast start but I am afraid of the end of the game let down. They don't know how to slow the tempo of the game down to milk a win. They continue with the run and gun mentality which can lead to turnovers and bad shots that are forced.

I was burned really bad by them against Western Michigan and haven't placed a wager since that game but getting back at it tonight. Not sure if i will take a flyer on them or not but I am leaning towards a 1st half play only.

milkncereal

1st half play might be really smart, but i usually dont play away favs 1st half. Bad teams sometimes hang around for a while. i think first half covers 7.5 but i like the full game a little better. just hoping that some bench scrub doesnt lit up the scoreboard lol

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

would never lay this many pts with a team whose defense is as bad as iona's much less on the road gl

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Iona plays zero defense.

milkncereal

they give up the 3 ball, but canisius is 262 in the country at 3 pt % under 30% a clip.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by milkncereal View Post
    they give up the 3 ball, but canisius is 262 in the country at 3 pt % under 30% a clip.
    This. Iona's defense is somewhat of a concern, but I think they out-offense Canisius enough here.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Iona first game of 8 straight on the road... idk if that means anything

milkncereal

line is up to -14...at least vegas is begging people to keep pouring money into iona.

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well looks like Iona doubters were right. Iona plays no defense and it is showing.

milkncereal

still have hope...better then them being up 5 or 6 and being complacent 2nd half and winning by 8. Maybe the coach will light a fire under their ass and the dominate 2nd half

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

if this damn team cant cover at least 4 shiit. I put them in teasers and 1 parlay.

ebbearsfb1

iona is rolling,, now

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

chasing now need a winner!

ebbearsfb1

they will cover no worries boys

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shitty ******* break. Need on bucket to cover.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

yep never lay pts with iona esp. on the road - horrific defense and braindead selfish chuckers on offense coach has zero control of the team as well gl

Huh
    Huh's Avatar Become A Pro!

point shaving fukks

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

by only winning by 12