osbornecm
    osbornecm's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mills is out for the season (I think broken hand or wrist)...There season is going to go down hill...They were up by 7 against Gonzaga near half-time until Mills got injured and ended up losing by 7...then lost by nearly 20 to Portland.

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Ouch, yeah, that 1H line is very, very close then.

Last time St Marys played U. San Fan, they were up by 13 at half time, with Mills. He's a great gaurd!

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense48 View Post
    i wish i had bought a .5 with cle tonite as a push is lots better than a loss. anywhere from 500.00-1000.00. ck, at the greek do you call them to buy points? i don't see where you can do it on line or am i not seeing something?
    You're missing something. After you choose your wager and get to the point where you put p your risk amount look to the far right brother where it says buy points on top or remove item. Choose buy points and then it will be all good.

cocknocker

Well ladies and gentlemen, I am of the minority here when it comes to smarts. I can't understand theory more than principle. Theory can't make grits unless you're a scientist like Einstein. Principle is grits bacon eggs and toast. Principle matters. Principle is all that matters to the layman. "Will this **ckin' thing work if i keep doing it?" That's all that really matters. I feel y'all. Ain't nothin' like getting too comfortable and putting up more than you should. People play them seperately and play them for the same amounts. Guys are mixing these plays in with their other ones on the same book are doing a big disservice to this type of wager. You don't mix a weeks worth of 70% picks in with games that you had to study to pick. It's not the same type of wager and shouldn't be treated as that kind of wager. It's the type of wager that needs appropriate consideration but in an exact like kind fashion each time.

But to show guys that i am sympathetic to their problems, I'll tell you what. As the front man, I'm gonna keep on trying these plays for us. I'll be the crash test dummie. But be advised:

I made my wager for St. Mary's-10 first half without regard/feelings/emotions about whether Mills was out for the season or if the carpet cleaning man couldn't make it. Look, bottom line, the criteria is there, so it gets played at the usual amount. I don't do any homework, or look at injury reports, and what have you. I just play em when I see em. For the same amount every time. Just like my baseball thing. Just like pouring my morning coffee.

It's there; it gets played. That's all the research I need.
    Last edited by cocknocker; 02-05-09 at 03:02 AM.

In2Win
    In2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello all I am new to this. What is the fastest way for me to deposit money into my "thegreek" account for a US player?

cocknocker

St. John's burns. NO PLAY. Not a good road team...

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK, really liking Wash -1.5, was thinking it would be -3? Cal. has been off of late and Wash. has been on of late. Opposite of the first half of year. Teams seem to now be showing their true colors?

Arizona only team to beat UW of late but attempted 51 FTs. Home cooking! Cal. losing to some good teams but 3's aren't falling like eariler. Christoper has slumped badly. Mike M. has no bench to turn to? Rebounding and taken away the inside a problem!

Wash. strong team that can play inside/outside, go to the foul line a ton (aka UConn) have a deeper bench. Plus, alittle pissed about losing that 3OT game.

Tell me CK, unless there is something going on in Berkley I don't know about, what chance does Cal. have? Perfect line, just looking for a win! Any word on the street from the other side of USA? Your insight is always appreciated! Thanks CK!

MrMonkey

bailey
    bailey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

CK,I know you bet all the secret plays for 1500.I have set up a seperate account for these plays with 2000 to start.What would be your suggestion for the amount to wager with that starting bankroll?As the balance increases do you recommend increasing the amount per play.

50lipa
    50lipa's Avatar Become A Pro!

150-200 tops. Even that much is too much but i wouldn't sweat as this is a proven thing, sorta like JM's sistem. Think CK's rolling with 40k+ bank and throwing down only 1500 a piece.

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else think the Denver U +2 line is a little off?

osbornecm
    osbornecm's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Well ladies and gentlemen, I am of the minority here when it comes to smarts. I can't understand theory more than principle. Theory can't make grits unless you're a scientist like Einstein. Principle is grits bacon eggs and toast. Principle matters. Principle is all that matters to the layman. "Will this **ckin' thing work if i keep doing it?" That's all that really matters. I feel y'all. Ain't nothin' like getting too comfortable and putting up more than you should. People play them seperately and play them for the same amounts. Guys are mixing these plays in with their other ones on the same book are doing a big disservice to this type of wager. You don't mix a weeks worth of 70% picks in with games that you had to study to pick. It's not the same type of wager and shouldn't be treated as that kind of wager. It's the type of wager that needs appropriate consideration but in an exact like kind fashion each time.

But to show guys that i am sympathetic to their problems, I'll tell you what. As the front man, I'm gonna keep on trying these plays for us. I'll be the crash test dummie. But be advised:

I made my wager for St. Mary's-10 first half without regard/feelings/emotions about whether Mills was out for the season or if the carpet cleaning man couldn't make it. Look, bottom line, the criteria is there, so it gets played at the usual amount. I don't do any homework, or look at injury reports, and what have you. I just play em when I see em. For the same amount every time. Just like my baseball thing. Just like pouring my morning coffee.

It's there; it gets played. That's all the research I need.
    I understand what you're saying...more power to you. I was not trying to dissrespect you or your pick. I mean, come on, your record speaks for its self...I was just saying what I was going with and what I wasn't....good luck and I hope it's a winner!

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by oBaMa_MaNiA View Post
    Is Patrick Mills playing for St Marys? If not might, might make a smaller play on that secret play.
    i like that prez - knowing players on st marys is very impressive

good info by all, but like ck said - if the game fits the criteria, its a go. vegas has adjusted for mills being out.
    Last edited by Dexter; 02-05-09 at 07:22 AM.

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    if KG plays (which he should) this might be the biggest wager i make on the nba this year. the lakers will be playing on a back to back from toronto (off a hard fought win)to boston facing a rested celtics team. la will also be on their 3rd game in 4 nights. revenge angle at work here for a boston team that lost at staples earlier in the year. boston is 4-0 ats the last 4 meetings in boston, winning by an avg margin of 17ppg. celts should be laying about 5.5 in this one.

-celtics (big)
    the pacers flat out own the sixers in philly, and will no doubt be an underdog (around +4) in this game. indy has won 4 of their last 5 su in philly, and i look for them to bounce back off of their 4th qtr meltdown to the wolves.

-pacers
    dallas will be on a btb off a tough home win (and 3rd in 4) traveling to utah to face the rested jazz. utah is looking for revenge from a loss at dal mid Jan. jazz are 4-0 last 4 home games vs dallas, winning by an avg margin of 12ppg.

-jazz (big ~ pending deron williams)

Dexter
    Update your status

thx repski

repski

Mush

CK,

let me take the blame for VCU.....I'm the mush with them...second time they burned money for me....lol
    love Dividson tonight....keep em coming

repski

Mr. Dunlop,

The spread for Villanova was 3 yesterday. I bought the line up to 4. Villanova won by 3. I cashed the ticket. Who did the money get thrown away to? It's just my style. I learned how to manipulate lines with a single hook or one point a long time ago.
    CK,

If you don't mind...could you explain the idea of "key number"....I've seen it posted a few times.....
    thx.

repski

Quote Originally Posted by osbornecm View Post
    Love the Davidson pick, will definitley bet on it!!!

Can't bet on the St. Mary's game...they got destroyed at Gonzaga and Portland without their star...but they are playing an awful team so you might be on to something...Good luck to you!!!
    they lost by 6 to Gonzaga...and Mills went out @ half
    Portland was a perfect spot for a let down and Portland has a great record @ home...I was all over that one...

I'm rolling with St. Mary's @ home...getting back on track..in a big way..

JohnMorr08
    JohnMorr08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quick look at the NBA game of the Year (LA @ BOS)

The number that stands out a bit to me is 204... It's simple to figure out why the posted number is so high. Both teams have been going over 200 in their respective matchups quite frequently as of late. LA has scored an average of 122 pts on their current road trip (4-0). But to me this is decieving because LA has played Minnesota, Memphis, NYK and Toronto... Not exactly defensive minded units. On Christmas day these teams tallied 175 points. Bottom line is that this game is extremely important to BOTH of these clubs. Tonight we will witness a chess match or a marathon more so than a "sprint". I look for both teams to get back to defensive basics. With KG and Perk in the game LA doesn't get into triple digits. Furthermore if you think Pierce will let Kobe score 61 or 38... guess again.

My play - UNDER 204

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    CK,

If you don't mind...could you explain the idea of "key number"....I've seen it posted a few times.....
    thx.
    in football, key numbers are 3, 6, 7, 10 etc....that makes sense right? if you have the fav -3.5, you should try and buy it down 1 point to get under the key number (3) to -2.5

same in hoops, where as the mindeset that even numbers are key numbers - 2,4,6,8,10 etc....so if you have the favorite and they are -5, thats a line you should leave as is (since its off the "even" key number). buying 1 point should always be kinda the max when you're doing this daily. buying 1 point on -5 doesnt even get under the key of 4, so its not necessary there imo. baskets in the nba are mostly made 2 pts at a time. if you take an underdog and they are getting 9.5, you should buy a point to get to 10.5 (above the key of 10).

7 has also proven to be a key number in hoops, since when a team is up 7, the other team usually stops fouling since they are 3 possesions down - lots of games have landed on 7 over the past few years.

so bottom line, the whole point when buying pts should be to get over or under the key number (depending if you have the fav or dog)
    Last edited by Dexter; 02-05-09 at 08:09 AM.

repski

thx Dexter...

Dexter
    Update your status

**Deron Williams (swollen knee) practiced on Wednesday and will be a game-time decision for Thursday's game against the Mavs.

"I definitely want to play tomorrow, so I'm shooting for that," Williams said Thursday. Hopefully a more concrete update will come prior to Thursday's tipoff, but there appears to be a good chance he'll be in uniform.

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMorr08 View Post
    Quick look at the NBA game of the Year (LA @ BOS)

The number that stands out a bit to me is 204... It's simple to figure out why the posted number is so high. Both teams have been going over 200 in their respective matchups quite frequently as of late. LA has scored an average of 122 pts on their current road trip (4-0). But to me this is decieving because LA has played Minnesota, Memphis, NYK and Toronto... Not exactly defensive minded units. On Christmas day these teams tallied 175 points. Bottom line is that this game is extremely important to BOTH of these clubs. Tonight we will witness a chess match or a marathon more so than a "sprint". I look for both teams to get back to defensive basics. With KG and Perk in the game LA doesn't get into triple digits. Furthermore if you think Pierce will let Kobe score 61 or 38... guess again.

My play - UNDER 204
    good to know you are on the under as well

repski

Hockeytown....

where are you??...hope everything is well

lotsa pucks tonight...

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Dex, great call on Golden St. last night brother! only 32% ats money was on your play, very sharp cash there. Yesterday was perfection in the NBA 3-0, but not perfection NCAA 0-2. i have been slacking and not online when i need to be at night. my first pass on the board and penn st getting +4 on the road at a rapidly declining michigan team is a lean for me so far. butler @ u of detroit -11 looks like some value there. also dex, when i was talking about 3 pts for lakers/celts that is what i had it capped at based on the info i had at the time. i might be going against popular sentiment here and going lakers +5.5.

solobass
    las vegas.

repski did you end up taking the lakers over last night?

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Davidson -11 1H
    L.A.L ML +220
    Alabama +7.5

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

To be honest, gentlemen, I have no idea about the road record and all of that other bullbleep. And to be honest, I'm not going to look it up now or ever either. I have been rocking them for so many years that I stopped caring about those kind of things a long time ago. I never cared about where the game was played or any other circumstances. And I am playing these two today with the same exact wreckless abandon for $1500.00 apiece that I do ever time one comes up. Multiply 53 units times $1500.00 and you will see why I am not about to start looking up a thing, homies. And guess what? It's all on a seperate book so I see every penny. Shake off that loss gentlemen. I gave you a jewel that you can use for a lifetime. Can't trip off the imprfections when it's priceless.

CK, great info and tip! You continue to educate us and give direct us in the right direction. THANK YOU!

Dex, great call on GS last night!

Question to the board to help me out. So i need to open up an account for these Secret Plays. Which book is the better of them? 5dimes, the greek, betus? Not sure of these as my knowledge of them is not real good. Any help will be much appreciated.

I will deposit a sum and work with this to increase my BK and not use it as per CK's tip.

Thank you!

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree it seems that every secret play ive lost has been a road team. oh well im gonna keep hammering them

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by solobass View Post
    Dex, great call on Golden St. last night brother! only 32% ats money was on your play, very sharp cash there. Yesterday was perfection in the NBA 3-0, but not perfection NCAA 0-2. i have been slacking and not online when i need to be at night. my first pass on the board and penn st getting +4 on the road at a rapidly declining michigan team is a lean for me so far. butler @ u of detroit -11 looks like some value there. also dex, when i was talking about 3 pts for lakers/celts that is what i had it capped at based on the info i had at the time. i might be going against popular sentiment here and going lakers +5.5.
    gotcha - i do my projected lines differently. as i mentioned yesterday, i basically try and predict what the number will/should be, then look for value if i feel confident in the line i projected. also if i zero in on the line, i may throw a few extra few bucks down with the mindset that i have a good read on the game.

thx.
    Last edited by Dexter; 02-05-09 at 08:55 AM.

repski

Quote Originally Posted by solobass View Post
    repski did you end up taking the lakers over last night?
    solo,
    yes I did....

how do you get your numbers for % ats??...vey interesting..

TIA

oBaMa_MaNiA
    oBaMa_MaNiA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Thanks for clearing that up Dex and CK. I guess I'll be playing all secret plays the same amount! GL today!

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    solo,
    yes I did....

how do you get your numbers for % ats??...vey interesting..

TIA
    there are a few websites out there that track that kind of thing, go ahead and google for it. it is a great tool because if 97% of the public is on one side i just might back away....

i would tell you the site but am afraid of catching the ire of willie bee!

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by oBaMa_MaNiA View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up Dex and CK. I guess I'll be playing all secret plays the same amount! GL today!

what i usually do is after a few have not cashed is pump up my bet size considerably as the percentages are EVEN MORE in your favor. look when a play is hitting >80% you gotta do what you gotta do. when i do place my wagers in a day though, all of the secret plays do get the same dollar amount. that being said, this is just how i do it and do not hold me liable!

ploben
    ploben's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gameday10 View Post
    ...Since money 1/25 when CK started in the ncaa section his posted secret plays are 6-2...Home team secret play is 6-1 and away is 0-1 with the loss being VA commonwealth.
    I think this is fantastic information that shouldn't be swept under the rug. I have no disrespect for CK and the system, if it does well then why not just bet it, but wouldn't you agree that the more information you can gather the better you are informed and the more prosperous you could be? Of course I don't mean ALL information, I mean useful info...like what we have with Home/Away ATS for scret plays. I think it comes in as really great info because the NCAA Hoops and the NFL are (IMHO) the only sports where home court/field advantage actually makes a difference.

If you had time to run down all your secret plays, CK, it would be very interesting to see the Home/Away ATS records for them.

Just my $0.02

solobass
    las vegas.

damn it drives me batty when i cap a game and my result is EXACTLY what the spread is!

First 12345 ... Last