Northeastern -8
    Boston College -1½
    Va Commonwealth -16
    Notre Dame -2½
    Oklahoma -12
    Memphis -17
    like your reading my mind
    ...everything but BC and Okla...
    I'm the Mush on OKLa....you don't want me on them...

UndersSuck
    UndersSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

A question to the Mafia-

The Magic have been unstoppable for most of the season and have put plenty of $$$ in many of our pockets. It is my opinion that the loss of Jameer Nelson is going to be a HUGE loss for them. He's averaging nearly 17 ppg with 5.4 apg. Considering JJ Reddick may be the guy that steps in and takes his place, Nelson's effective 3pt shooting may not be lost.

But the Magic have been a no-brainer up til now. Now I have to think twice. Certainly not against the Clippers tonight, but as the season goes on.

Can someone please convince me that this wont be a problem and that the Magicians will continue to be a covering machine.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by missumuch View Post
    CK,

You think they could of made a mistake by giving Memphis a ML then noticed it... I'm sure public would of jumped all over the ML.
    thats interesting - both vcu and memphis are road favs of about 9/16.5......hmmmm - why a first half ml on memphis?

Dexter
    Update your status

undersuck - i myself am taking a 3 game sample size to see what the magic look like w/o jameer.

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

yikes, 97% of public money on BC, that is enough to scare me away.

ANDYW15
    ANDYW15's Avatar Become A Pro!

As copied from yesterday's thread, plays for today,

GSW+3

favs all the way then, call me a square whatever

Lakeshow -8 - Raps are awful at home, the Lakers are really not what they need right now, even with the lookahead to Boston, the Lakes can still take this by 9
    Cavs -5.5 - LBJ in his future home perhaps?!? will be hyped for this one
    Magic -13.5 - they are playing the Clippers, no further explanation needed.

NCAA

Va Commonwealth -9 1H
    Tulsa -1.5

I also have a bet on CSKA Moscow in the Euroleague B'ball -15.5 for the game after reading a good tip two mins before the off.

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by UndersSuck View Post
    A question to the Mafia-

The Magic have been unstoppable for most of the season and have put plenty of $$$ in many of our pockets. It is my opinion that the loss of Jameer Nelson is going to be a HUGE loss for them. He's averaging nearly 17 ppg with 5.4 apg. Considering JJ Reddick may be the guy that steps in and takes his place, Nelson's effective 3pt shooting may not be lost.

But the Magic have been a no-brainer up til now. Now I have to think twice. Certainly not against the Clippers tonight, but as the season goes on.

Can someone please convince me that this wont be a problem and that the Magicians will continue to be a covering machine.

orlando is 4-1 SU in games this year without jameer nelson and the turk will handle the point at times, giving greater vision over the perimeter D for inlet passes into the post.

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDYW15 View Post
    As copied from yesterday's thread, plays for today,

GSW+3

favs all the way then, call me a square whatever

Lakeshow -8 - Raps are awful at home, the Lakers are really not what they need right now, even with the lookahead to Boston, the Lakes can still take this by 9
    Cavs -5.5 - LBJ in his future home perhaps?!? will be hyped for this one
    Magic -13.5 - they are playing the Clippers, no further explanation needed.

NCAA

Va Commonwealth -9 1H
    Tulsa -1.5

I also have a bet on CSKA Moscow in the Euroleague B'ball -15.5 for the game after reading a good tip two mins before the off.

i came to the same conclusions on the nba, and will be posting my picks soon.

ANDYW15

A question to the Mafia-

I think it will affect them alot in the long run. I am playing them tonight as it is the Clippers and until the Clips turn it around I will fade them everytime especially against this Magic team even without Nelson. I suggest keeping a watching brief for a couple of games when they play stronger opposition and reassess before going heavy.

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats interesting - both vcu and memphis are road favs of about 9/16.5......hmmmm - why a first half ml on memphis?
    That was my same question dex

Dexter
    Update your status

booked plays-

blazers +3.5
    warriors +4 (big)

solobass
    las vegas.

NBA card
    Miami +4
    Lakers -7.5
    Orlando -13

NCAA card
    Memphis 1st H -9.5
    UAB 1st H -8.5
    straight and parlayed

best of luck tonight everyone!

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

Arkansas

anyone know what happened to them?? They bear Oklahoma and Texas in the same week and since have gone 1-5..only win versus Bama....

Tenn is starting to play well and I don't think Ark. has an answer for Chism....any leans??

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sold on a lot of these games tonite. Public money is lopsided and the lines are not moving accordingly. Be carefull today the dogs are gonna bark LOUD tonite. Gonna wait it out to see any shifts......

WACKY WEDNESDAY IN THE ASSOCIATION>>>>

repski

A question to the Mafia-

I'm off them...and have been since they were drilled by Bos @ home...final score was not indicative....they may cover tonight..but without me...

shoebox

I am sold on OK city tonight. Durantuals here we come!!

Leaning clippers, knicks, minnesota

schaapattack

VC outscored NC-Wilmington 49-25 at home on January 5th in the 1st half. Not sure why this would be any different on the road. Locked in VC -9 1st half (CK play)

BmoreBucco
    BmoreBucco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6813

Alright, with input from the mafia, I have booked the following for tonight:

Notre Dame -2 ( Bought hook)
    VCU 1h -9

4-team 1st half parlay:
    VCU -9
    Memphis -9
    UAB -8
    Northeastern -4.5

Gonna look at one prop for the day and I think Dex has sold me on the Warriors. Gonna wait that line out a bit though.

repski

Quote Originally Posted by solobass View Post
    NBA card
    Miami +4
    Lakers -7.5
    Orlando -13

NCAA card
    Memphis 1st H -9.5
    UAB 1st H -8.5
    straight and parlayed

best of luck tonight everyone!
    Solo..I see you like the Lakers...any lean on the over??
    Lakers are averaging over 110 the last 5 games...Tor can score and the Lakers D w/o Bynum....I see a nice over piece...

schaapattack

CK

VC just hit -9.5 first half ..Is it now a bonified play?

Bezerk15
    Bezerk15's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey fellas, check my 1st thread...I've been hacking at it all morning...I appreciate any criticism and analysis you all can provide...

I'm on Ck's SP (as always)
    Dex's Warriors play (thank you for the early info on Denver last night - hit 1Q, 1H, and game - I got game at -6 and by game time it was -13)

Can't go near that BC/UVA game - UVA is just wacky - no idea what the hell is going on in Charlottesville anymore. They just scare me.

My plays:
    VCU 1h
    VCU -16
    William & Mary 1h +4.5

Golden State +4
    Magic -7 1h

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    Solo..I see you like the Lakers...any lean on the over??
    Lakers are averaging over 110 the last 5 games...Tor can score and the Lakers D w/o Bynum....I see a nice over piece...
    i agree wholeheartedly, i am going to watch for movement on this line. i think both teams get up and down, and with bynum out the lakers average possession per game numbers will increase giving a temporary value to overs especially against a flaky toronto team on a b2b.

solobass
    las vegas.

looking ahead, tomorrow and saturday look to be very very very profitable days......

shoebox

Upset alert knicks over cavs. Plus, it has those shady 5.5 point spreads, call me crazy cause I can be!
    I dont even post CK's plays cause theres no need I already follow.

repski

Golden State stats to support
    "The Warriors have played the Suns very tough at home, covering nine of the last 14 meetings and winning the last three in a row straight up. The Warriors have gone 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 overall home games as well."

one more thing to add
    7 of 8 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
    Last edited by repski; 02-04-09 at 01:24 PM. Reason: addition

JGILL50
    hates the PATS
    JGILL50's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Not sold on a lot of these games tonite. Public money is lopsided and the lines are not moving accordingly. Be carefull today the dogs are gonna bark LOUD tonite. Gonna wait it out to see any shifts......

WACKY WEDNESDAY IN THE ASSOCIATION>>>>
    Couldnt have said it better LT profits might be on every game today

ANDYW15

Upset alert knicks over cavs. Plus, it has those shady 5.5 point spreads, call me crazy cause I can be!
    I dont even post CK's plays cause theres no need I already follow.
    The Cavs strike me as a team who enjoy blowing people off the court and feed off it, look at the avg PPG they beat oppo by . They are making the most of the success they are having and maybe unlike the Celtics, who due to last seasons success, ease off the pedal a little in some games which leads to back door covers. What better motivation is there for Lebron tonight to run the show in what could be his future home. The cavs blew toronto away in the first quarter, eased off, then just blew them back off the court again in the fourth. I think they are trying to make a statement in every game they play, LBJ certainly is.

shoebox

Its ok andy im fully aware of this, I knew id be on my own. 5.5 and a stiff line, leads to the dog.
    GL

ANDYW15

Its ok andy im fully aware of this, I knew id be on my own. 5.5 and a stiff line, leads to the dog.
    GL
    NP Shoe and I'm sure you are not on your own, BOL whoever you are on tonight.

shoebox

Im still pissed that Kerr AKA Matt Millen has torn apart a quality candidate for the NBA championship. They need to do some house cleaning for the suits. They used to be so exciting to watch. All that talent, there the chargers of the NBA.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok here we go with my 1st quarter plays for today:
    Magic -4
    Nets +0.5
    Cavs -1.5
    Rockets -1.5

GL

repski

UCF/HOU Lean

I've been analyzing this game....and I come to the over...

draw a line thru Houstons last 2 games...one against UTEP where their #1 scorer was suspended and Memphis(who plays really good D...held Tenn to 50's) and they average 84 their last 5 games against repectable competition..ie Ariz.90,UTEP 1st time 94...

UCF averaging over 77 pts in their last 5 and more than that @ home..Jermaine Taylor scoring 24/game.....over piece..

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan19 View Post
    ok here we go with my 1st quarter plays for today:
    Magic -4
    Nets +0.5
    Cavs -1.5
    Rockets -1.5

GL

Hey Peter.....are you the one that put up that interesting graph yesterday on 1Qs?? I was curious to find out how that would have worked out, without me having to go back and look it up.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

thelemondropkid

nope wasnt me
    but was there an interesting graph yesterday ? cant remember it myself

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan19 View Post
    thelemondropkid

nope wasnt me
    but was there an interesting graph yesterday ? cant remember it myself

Yeah......I remember being curious about it because I always thought money could be made on dominant teams that come out the gate runnin-n-gunnin in the 1st Q and then play a game of cat-n-mouse for the rest of the game. I will look at yesterday's thread and see if I can find it.

First 123456 ... Last