bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

how do we feel about the hoosiers tonight at ncst?

ive felt that this indiana team was a sleeper team for this year coming in......only played them once this year....heavy on the ml on the road against evansville

but this team has alot of returning, experienced, talent...and a good coach....and they added a blue chip big man.....i think this team is going to crack the top 25 soon and be a sleeper team......and this is a good test for them early on the road against an acc team to see if they can be that type of team.....nc st isnt anything special...but its a tough road test....

i really feel like indiana and stanford are two teams this year that are going to be suprise teams and could get better as the year goes on....probably not the most sound idea...but im laying a point with the hoosiers tonight and seeing if my preaseason hunch is going to be correct

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a crazy tough game to cap.

You could probably make a case for both sides.

Good luck with your play.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with mr blank...tough gm however you look at it...Hoosers some up and comers no doubt but this a solid early test for them, i worry about their ability to keep nc st off the boards, if they can do that you should have a winner...gl

bobby heenan
    Update your status

i agree guys...very tough game to cap......

but im taking a shot with my hunch....indiana has alot of guys with some valuable experience.....tough to win on the road.....but clemson and northwestern did it last night.......i think zeller and co can keep nc st off the boards....i think indiana is a tad deeper too

delfam
    delfam's Avatar Become A Pro!

taking NC State, there at home and have the best player on the court in C.J. Leslie

Heart
    Heart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1457

Just some thoughts on NC State this year, from a lifelong fan (homer alert):

The Wolfpack have a new coach this year, Mark Gottfried, who has this team playing some great ball. They'll be playing in the RBC center that seats ~17,000 which is sold out for tonights game, so there will be a huge home court advantage. This NC State team is night and day different from last few years teams (which were awful and consistently finished bottom tier of the ACC). They are predicted to be a sleeper in this years ACC by many of the pundits. There is a ton of talent and depth on the NC State team that now have gained valuable experience, with arguably there best player CJ (Calvin) Leslie coming off the bench. The one close loss they had to Vanderbilt earlier in the year they were without their sharp shooter Scott Wood (shooting a ridiculous 56% from 3 point range) who had a mild ankle sprain. He was out for much of the Princeton game too. He's a big piece to their puzzle and it showed during those two games he was out.

Size advantage goes to NC State as well, they'll have one of the better and deeper front courts in the ACC this year. Admittedly, I don't know much about Indiana except they are also much improved, so I'm expecting an outstanding game. Line is probably right on with this one likely being a coin flip. If I had to bet I'd pull the trigger on NC State playing in front of the big home crowd, but like I said, I'm a homer.
    Last edited by Heart; 11-30-11 at 12:26 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post

The Wolfpack have a new coach this year, Mark Gottfried, who has this team playing some great ball. They'll be playing in the RBC center that seats ~17,000 which is sold out for tonights game, so there will be a huge home court advantage. This NC State team is night and day different from last few years teams (which were awful and consistently finished bottom tier of the ACC). They are predicted to be a sleeper in this years ACC by many of the pundits. There is a ton of talent and depth on the NC State team that now have gained valuable experience, with arguably there best player CJ (Calvin) Leslie coming off the bench. The one close loss they had to Vanderbilt earlier in the year they were without their sharp shooter Scott Wood (shooting a ridiculous 56% from 3 point range) who had a mild ankle sprain. He was out for much of the Princeton game too. He's a big piece to their puzzle and it showed during those two games he was out.

Size advantage goes to NC State as well, they'll have one of the better and deeper front courts in the ACC this year. Admittedly, I don't know much about Indiana except they are also much improved, so I'm expecting an outstanding game. Line is probably right on with this one likely being a coin flip. If I had to bet I'd pull the trigger on NC State playing in front of the big home crowd, but like I said, I'm a homer.
    u make a great case for nc st there...now im scared....but im not putting alot down so i dont care

but yeah...im probably going off of what i knew about nc st last year....some teams benefit from a new coach....renewed excitement....gaining some experience and getting some cohesiveness.....but i always thought leslie was talented but just a dog....maybe they have turned the corner....well see

delfam
    delfam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post

since your a homer, can you tell me what happened to Ryan Harrow?

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

toss-up. slight hoosier lean (if their 3s drop)

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

i'm on NC State for a couple hundy, my only play of the night.

Heart
    Heart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1457

since your a homer, can you tell me what happened to Ryan Harrow?
    Sure. After Sidney Lowe got sh!t canned he transferred to Kentucky. Since he transferred, according to NCAA rules, he has to sit out this year but should play for them next season. I think the kid is a bit of a head case but I wish him the best of luck.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Hoosier grad and homer to balance this thread out. I'm not on Indy and would prob lean NC State with a gun to my head but I haven't seen them play. The Hoosiers are much much improved but this is their only trip out of Indiana in the non-conference schedule and while 6-11 fresh Cody Zeller might end better than his brother on N. Carolina...he's still about all they have inside. IUs other 2 top scorers are soph swingmen Oladipo and Will Sheehey so we're very young. Wait til next years #1 recruiting class comes in!! Like others have posted if Indiana is stroking the 3 balls then its theirs but you could say that about any perimeter based team.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Quote Originally Posted by delfam View Post
    taking NC State, there at home and have the best player on the court in C.J. Leslie
    That's not true...or at least highly debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    toss-up. slight hoosier lean (if their 3s drop)
    My Hoosiers have been shooting the three much less this year compared to past years. Much of this is because they have been revolving the offense around Zeller this year, running at every chance, and using the slashing abilities of Jones, Oladipo, and Sheehey.

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

I have NC State and under 150.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to see IU beat a real team on the road before I'd take them. Should be a good game.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Took nc 1st 10 minutes. Hope they come out solid on their home floor.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    My Hoosiers have been shooting the three much less this year compared to past years. Much of this is because they have been revolving the offense around Zeller this year, running at every chance, and using the slashing abilities of Jones, Oladipo, and Sheehey.
    thats because they havent needed to. they are still shooting a very high percentage from the 3, over 40 percent.

i watched them play butler and was very impressed with a lot of their other skills also but i know that game they shot over 60 percent from the 3.

this is going to be a good game.

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info guys. Based on what i read it seemed like the over was a better play than anything else in this game. Took over 70 1st half and these teams are halfway there with 14 minutes still left in the first.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    u make a great case for nc st there...now im scared....but im not putting alot down so i dont care

but yeah...im probably going off of what i knew about nc st last year....some teams benefit from a new coach....renewed excitement....gaining some experience and getting some cohesiveness.....but i always thought leslie was talented but just a dog....maybe they have turned the corner....well see
    Painter sank that ship. 4 easy points left off the board in a close game.

NC State needs to make the easy baskets if they're going to win these. They left a lot on the floor against Elon and tonight it really bit them.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

I think IU will take them. Bank it.

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Quote Originally Posted by UNCGQ View Post
    I think IU will take them. Bank it.
    Nice Call Captain Hindsight

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!