stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

When did I ever say UConn was a top 5 in history program?

UConn was not even Division I until '75 (I think)
    They played before the Big East in the old Yankee Conference with Holy Cross and such before the Big East.

KU, Kentucky, Indiana has been around forever, UConn are the relative new kids on the block, but I digress, when did I ever say UConn was a top 5 program of all time.

But, UConn has had a lot of success against Duke though

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    When did I ever say UConn was a top 5 in history program?

UConn was not even Division I until '75 (I think)
    They played before the Big East in the old Yankee Conference with Holy Cross and such before the Big East.

KU, Kentucky, Indiana has been around forever, UConn are the relative new kids on the block, but I digress, when did I ever say UConn was a top 5 program of all time.

But, UConn has had a lot of success against Duke though
    You did not. I took off on your earlier post about being a U Conn homer. I was just stating some facts to show Duke rates with the best of the best all time.

There have been some great battles between these two. I think I am right on one of Duke buzzer beaters in the NCAA from the wing by the bench beating U Conn. The one I remeber much better is the loss when El Amin forced Langdon to kick the ball out of bounds by mid court in a last second desperation to get of a winning shot. Thomas Hill with his head over his face in disbelief?

Good luck this year. Duke will probably see U Conn in March. For whatever reason, they always seem to put them on the same side of the bracket, with the exception of that Championship Game I mentioned above.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke flew in from a long tournament in Hawaii that they won against some ranked opponents.
    So there was a letdown from winning the tourney.
    AND they were tired from so many games.
    AND they had changed 8 hrs of time zones.
    AND OSU players were fresh, played some patsies, pointing to this game.
    AND Duke went to small neutral court crowds to the frenzied OSU crowd.
    SO Duke got hammered.
    Yes, they are overrated, a "public" team, always overrrated by books 3 pts or so to compensate.
    BUT do not underestimate them when they gather themselves, get some rest, and their new guards figure out how to play the point.
    No national championship this yr... but solid.
    IF they play OSU again, neutral court in NCAA's, it will be a very close game, but straight up I would still say OSU wins a close one. OSU might be top 4 team in the land with Ky, NC, and Cuse. But dont think OSU is 20+ pts better than Duke. Nonsense. That was a letdown road weary trap game.

Duke Fan

I know Tennessee, Michigan and Duke have all lost coning out if Maui. I think Kansas won. Not sure about others in that tourny but must be a killer trip.

And that is not what beat Duke last night. They just got whipped.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

it water wet?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Fan View Post
    You did not. I took off on your earlier post about being a U Conn homer. I was just stating some facts to show Duke rates with the best of the best all time.

There have been some great battles between these two. I think I am right on one of Duke buzzer beaters in the NCAA from the wing by the bench beating U Conn. The one I remeber much better is the loss when El Amin forced Langdon to kick the ball out of bounds by mid court in a last second desperation to get of a winning shot. Thomas Hill with his head over his face in disbelief?

Good luck this year. Duke will probably see U Conn in March. For whatever reason, they always seem to put them on the same side of the bracket, with the exception of that Championship Game I mentioned above.
    Good luck to you as well sir.

My dad is the biggest Duke fan in the world, we have some nice family battles.

BoL

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by UNCGQ View Post
    it water wet?
    Huh?

Duke Fan

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Good luck to you as well sir.

My dad is the biggest Duke fan in the world, we have some nice family battles.

BoL
    Second biggest!

First 12