No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Any info on NC State?

I haven't seen the Wolfpack play this year. Are they decent? Indiana is a very solid, up and coming squad who (I think) should take care of business in this spot.

Thoughts?

clevelandpride
    clevelandpride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

take the home team here...this is IU's first good team they are playing. NC State is money at home too.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

The local air commercials with their new coach are highly unintentionally funny.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandpride View Post
    take the home team here...this is IU's first good team they are playing. NC State is money at home too.

this argument ppl have been using all week around here to justify plays has to stop, since when does the fact one team played a tougher schedule up to this point make them a better team? we are like 5-7 gms into the season..

all i heard today was how mich and duke have played all these great teams while uva and osu have played no one, guess what it didnt matter because who you have played thus far is not equivalent to what you are as a team..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

NC State won at Texas, or was that a neutral site?

Was that the game with the big comeback?

BigDan

tex gm was neutral..

clevelandpride
    clevelandpride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    this argument ppl have been using all week around here to justify plays has to stop, since when does the fact one team played a tougher schedule up to this point make them a better team? we are like 5-7 gms into the season..

all i heard today was how mich and duke have played all these great teams while uva and osu have played no one, guess what it didnt matter because who you have played thus far is not equivalent to what you are as a team..
    Dan...last I checked Michigan and Duke didn't play on their home courts tonight...

Also, your argument for not liking Xavier against Vandy was that they haven't played off their home court all season and that they were a road team ranked higher than Vandy was getting points...SINCE WHEN DOES THAT MATTER? - this argument has to stop. now.

btw Xavier rolled.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Texas gave that game away in the second half. I lean towards Indiana here because of how well coached they are, but I'm just wondering if they are talented enough yet

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandpride View Post
    Dan...last I checked Michigan and Duke didn't play on their home courts tonight...

Also, your argument for not liking Xavier against Vandy was that they haven't played off their home court all season and that they were a road team ranked higher than Vandy was getting points...SINCE WHEN DOES THAT MATTER? - this argument has to stop. now.

btw Xavier rolled.

sharp line you got on duke tonight...so i passed on xavier, did you pass on Puke?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Texas gave that game away in the second half. I lean towards Indiana here because of how well coached they are, but I'm just wondering if they are talented enough yet
    Really? I don't think talent is a problem there this season.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

oh dear god I might be in Love with Indiana here

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

I think IU loses this game.

NC State has solid big men and is great moving without the ball. They are very good at pounding the ball down low and getting easy buckets.

IU struggles guarding the ball with Hulls and if Zeller gets in foul trouble which could easily happen this will be a blowout. Even with him for 40 minutes I think IU loses by 6.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Really? I don't think talent is a problem there this season.

I'm trying to compare this team to his Marquette teams to get a good rating, but I just don't see that great of talent on this team. Certainly much better than last year though

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    I think IU loses this game.

NC State has solid big men and is great moving without the ball. They are very good at pounding the ball down low and getting easy buckets.

IU struggles guarding the ball with Hulls and if Zeller gets in foul trouble which could easily happen this will be a blowout. Even with him for 40 minutes I think IU loses by 6.
    agree...but nc states perimeter defense is horrible and indiana has one of the top 3 point shooting in the country. If they get hot from 3, indiana will roll.

same scenario presented yesterday with gatech vs northwester....an excellent rebounding team in gatech vs excellent 3 pt shooting in northwestern. And gatech got blown away.

It really comes down to whether nc state can do a good job in perimeter defense. If they dont, this game will be over soon.

neonboudeaux
    neonboudeaux's Avatar Become A Pro!

holt. Hulls rarely (if ever) guards the ball. Sheehey and Oladipo split time on Chrishawn Hopkins in the Butler game with Sheehey holding him to two points in the second half.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Texas gave that game away and their best player fouled out with like 9 minutes left and the whole team was in foul trouble. Texas played a terrible zone for most of the second half and let NC State have open 3 after open 3. NC State has a couple of players, but that first half of that Texas game showed me that NC State is going to have trouble against a good man to man D.
    I have not seen Indiana play.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indiana line movement at Pinnacle is interesting. Indiana should be the play here.